Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > THE WOMEN (2008)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WOMEN Swimmin’ in Disappointment...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOMEN Swimmin’ in Disappointment...
    Posted: March 23 2010 at 2:27pm
My point was this wasn't just another excuse for women to have fun for 2 hours by watchin'similar women complainin'bout men.Well,it seemed that way,but it ended just like THE BREAK-UP and THE NUMBER 23:A twist endin'where they ended up makin'fun of the message we all assume it had due to the genre.That's the purpose of twist endings:To decieve us with things we take for granted.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Vits

Actually,one the good things this movie had was in fact destroyin'"S.A.T.C.":It stars as the typical movie'bout 4 women just talkin',and complainin'how men suck.However,at the end of the movie,it turns out it was Meg Ryan's characters' fault that her marriage was in ruins.
Still sounds too "SATC" to me.

They should create the "Worst Cast" category.
Considering there's no better time than now, due to a certain Stallone movie featuring a whose who of has-beens coming out this year, oh yes, it's time for a Worst Cast catagory!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by movieman

As soon as I saw the preview to this one, I thought, "A rip-off of Sex and the City already?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
Actually,one the good things this movie had was in fact destroyin'"S.A.T.C.":It stars as the typical movie'bout 4 women just talkin',and complainin'how men suck.However,at the end of the movie,it turns out it was Meg Ryan's characters' fault that her marriage was in ruins.
Originally posted by Michaels

I don't know if every actress in the movie should be up for Worst Actress asa group. I mean some preformances are better or worse than others. Except for the Spice Girls in "Spice World", those talentless nutcases deserved the combined Worst Actress award they "won". Sure, awarding seven or eight actresses with one award might be appealing, but it would make more sense if it were a Worst Ensemble Cast award (which the Razzies should seriously consider for next year).
They shouldn't have nominated them like that.Spice Girls are a conjoined band,an offical team.

They should create the "Worst Cast" category.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2009 at 9:16am
I don't know if every actress in the movie should be up for Worst Actress asa group. I mean some preformances are better or worse than others. Except for the Spice Girls in "Spice World", those talentless nutcases deserved the combined Worst Actress award they "won". Sure, awarding seven or eight actresses with one award might be appealing, but it would make more sense if it were a Worst Ensemble Cast award (which the Razzies should seriously consider for next year).
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 3:40am
I just watched this yesterday, and while it was mediocre with the display of these womens' bubble-brained conversations and situations, it won't likely be a Razzie contender in the grand scheme of things...
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2008 at 12:29pm

Looks like it could be this year's Bratz.  Maybe you could nominate all five main characters jointly for Worst Actress (and maybe do the same with the three women in Mad Money)?? 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 2:14am
With five new movies coming out in one week, they pretty much blocked each other. In the end, "Burn After Reading" won. Sadly, Tyler Perry found success again, so expect another 12 movies of his in the course of the next three years.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 9:06am
When I told my cousin that there was absolutely no men in this movie, this is
what she said:
"What! are you serious?!? The only reason we girls go see romantic comedies
is because of the men!"
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 8:48am
FINALLY, a movie that doesn't stereotype women!

Also, everything else made in 1939 has the potential to be remade in this same fashion.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 1:10pm

Originally posted by wetbandit82

If by some miracle I ever hit it big (the flat-but-with-a-kernel-of-an-interesting-idea "Celtic Pride" being my #1 choice at the moment). 

Well, now that the Celtics have won their 17th Championship, that movie is out-dated. I'd like to see what Christopher Nolan could do if he remade (or re-booted) most of the crappy comic book movies that have been made in the past decade.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 12:06pm
I Think that Burn After Reading will be the better movie this week especially when teams George Clooney and Brad Pitt again and it's Coen Brothers Movie.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 5:21am

Indeed, I like Wilder's idea that flops should be remade.  As long as they can correctly identify what went wrong intially, they can make them even better.  I know of a couple of titles I've seen that I wouldn't mind giving that treatment, if by some miracle I ever hit it big (the flat-but-with-a-kernel-of-an-interesting-idea "Celtic Pride" being my #1 choice at the moment). 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 2:59pm
Let's face it, any movie that has a group of women talking about their relationships and shallow aspects in their lives is automatically going to be considered a "SITC" rip-off. Yes, it's not right that they are remaking a movie that was perfect the way it was, but I don't think it will get more than the 48+ negative reviews that "Disaster Movie" did.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 12:56pm
As soon as I saw the preview to this one, I thought, "A rip-off of Sex and the City already?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 12:43pm
According to one site, this was produced by Mick Jagger!?!?!?! The only reason I can see him doing this is because he saw Blender's article on The World's Most Oversexed Musicians and he thought he needed to be higher than 6 and that he could be considered sensitive by more women. Shouldn't be hard considering the top 5 is filled with: 2 dead ones, 1 that has settled down, 1 that semi-settled down, and only 1 that's still going after the ladies.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 5:39am

As of about 10:45am/PST on the Monday before it's due to open, "The Women" has SIX reviews at RT, and is now officially rated "00%." It's starting to look like this may be one film they should have kept away from critics 'till opening day!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: After a few Bumpy Picks this summer, it's good to be back on track with my Worst of the Weak choices. Here's a LINK to the RT Page for THE WOMEN to see if it can maintain that Elusive Perfect ZERO Rating...

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>