Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums on 2008 RAZZIE® "Winners" > 1968: TUNNEL RATS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Does Boll Have a LOCK on Worst Director??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Boll Have a LOCK on Worst Director??
    Posted: December 31 2008 at 2:16am
Yes, both very bad, but I'm 100% convinced that DM was worse, without any doubt in my mind. DM was the comedy equivalent of a stand up comedian who pulls out a rubber chicken, and then points to it going, "Eh? Eeeeeeh?" for an hour and a half. And that's it.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 1:09am
"Disaster Movie" vs. "Postal" -- I think 2008 was the year of Seltzerberg and Boll trying to one-up each other's worst excuses for movies. How many Razzies can we divide between them, because they are equally guilty of producing the saddest excuses for films of this DECADE.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2008 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Michaels

As I said, with a grand total of eight spots on the voting ballot, I think this is the year that Uwe Boll will make off with a Razzie, or two, or eight. I can't help but noticed that it's nearly 2009, and yet "Disaster Movie", which was released in August, is not out on DVD yet. Could it be because they are waiting to "win" some spray painted gold in order to release the DVD as a multi-time Razzie "winner"? Well, so long Boll gets what is coming to him, I can wait another year for Seltzerberg to get theirs, so they can't use it as a selling point. I mean they are already making "Spy Movie", which makes no sense, since they already had their hands in making "Spy Hard", but then again, since when did being unoriginal ever stop them? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, DISASTER MOVIE is set to come out on DVD January 6 -- Just in time for us to show clips at RAZZIE Pre-Vue Nite (and for last minute voters to "experience" it, then rush their Nominating Ballots to us before our January 10 deadline)... 

If anyone brave enough to watch it before hand and save your money, here's the website where you can watch it:
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/disaster_movie/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 4:44pm
I don't know if anyone else has seen the trailer yet, but the Wayans Brothers are releasing a movie called "Dance Flick" in essentially the same vein, but it looks a LOT funnier than the Movie movies... Or rather it looks like the state of affairs they were in when they were still involved in that series. Still doesn't look GREAT, but I laughed a couple times. The jokes didn't center around pop culture icons getting hit by cars or falling objects, which are at least 80% of all Seltzerberg jokes.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 4:28pm

As I said, with a grand total of eight spots on the voting ballot, I think this is the year that Uwe Boll will make off with a Razzie, or two, or eight. I can't help but noticed that it's nearly 2009, and yet "Disaster Movie", which was released in August, is not out on DVD yet. Could it be because they are waiting to "win" some spray painted gold in order to release the DVD as a multi-time Razzie "winner"? Well, so long Boll gets what is coming to him, I can wait another year for Seltzerberg to get theirs, so they can't use it as a selling point. I mean they are already making "Spy Movie", which makes no sense, since they already had their hands in making "Spy Hard", but then again, since when did being unoriginal ever stop them? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, DISASTER MOVIE is set to come out on DVD January 6 -- Just in time for us to show clips at RAZZIE Pre-Vue Nite (and for last minute voters to "experience" it, then rush their Nominating Ballots to us before our January 10 deadline)... 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 10:02am
I don't know if anyone has ever played "The Suffering" games, but I think they'd make SWEET horror movies if done right. I just hope Boll never touches THOSE. But again, I see him as more of a clown than a legitimate threat to decent movies.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 4:02am

I'm shocked.  I didn't think any Boll films had a chance of appearing in any theatres anymore, let alone a makeshift theatre dedicated to showing Boll films to his "dead"icated.  And showing it in Los Angeles means it qualifies for Razzie consideration! 

I wouldn't be surprised if Far Cry or Seed may be shown in the same theatre, or at least in a similar way.

As for Boll not thinking his movies will do well, on the contrary.  In interview after interview, he shifts blame and makes excuses for why his past films didn't do well at the box office while at the same time promotes his next film as being the best thing ever.  The closest he's come to admitting what a lousy director he is was when he said he's learning with every film.  This narcissistic self-promotion hit its zenith with Postal, which he promoted very heavily for around a year, telling everyone it was a masterpiece, denouncing critics and challenging them to a boxing match, making personal appearances at showings at several film festivals, and making the incredulous claims that he is the only effing genius in the movie business while lambasting Eli Roth, Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.  That was all for Postal, an astoundingly failed attempt at entertaining offensiveness and political satire.

He blames Postal's failure on most theatre chains being too chicken to show it.  It was scheduled to go wide release against Indy 4, but instead wound up being shown in a dozen theatres that quickly deleted it after a week or two.

Yes, he believes he is a great director.  Yes, he believes his movies would have done well if not for this, that and the other bull.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 1:50am

I got my nominating ballot yesterday, and I'm happy to see that Uwe Boll has a total of 8 chances of "winning" a Razzie in one form or another.

I'm hoping he sweeps and gets all 8, of course. That would make it a "berry" Merry Christmas indeed.

Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 7:21am

No, people hate Boll because he's a completely inept filmmaker in every single way -- and he's a pompous ass to boot. He was given a 60 million dollar budget (and some pretty decent actors) to work with on Name of the King, and still didn't even come close to making a good movie. Seltzerberg may have to settle for Worst Picture (Disaster movie or Meet the Spartans, they both sucked pretty bad) because there is no excuse or reasoning that should prevent Uwe from winning Worst Director. He hasn't ever won a Razzie yet to my knowledge, so I say his time has come.

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I actually saw House of the Dead, but it must not've opened around here. But that's the point I'm trying to make, he doesn't get huge releases. I'll see if I can find his "Genius" clip, but to me, it sounds like it just adds to his persona of being a dumbass clown; too hard to take seriously.
Follow Up: Ok, I found the clip of him saying he's a genius. Yea, he's just a clown, man. Like I'm saying, it's like Troma movies, they're "independent" in their own right, though he does seem to scrounge up a modest enough budget.
Here's a clip of him defending himself that I found in the process:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=BhplIoKvvu4&feature=relate d
And no, I'm not from Germany, I just had a German friend who sent me a YouTube video once, and now YouTube thinks I am.
I think he makes a decent enough point.
I think I'm convinced that the reason people hate him so much is that he makes movies that should appeal to game-nerds, only they're not made for game-nerds, they're made for people who like bad movies, so he attracts the wrong audience.

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 5:48am
I actually saw House of the Dead, but it must not've opened around here. But that's the point I'm trying to make, he doesn't get huge releases. I'll see if I can find his "Genius" clip, but to me, it sounds like it just adds to his persona of being a dumbass clown; too hard to take seriously.
Follow Up: Ok, I found the clip of him saying he's a genius. Yea, he's just a clown, man. Like I'm saying, it's like Troma movies, they're "independent" in their own right, though he does seem to scrounge up a modest enough budget.
Here's a clip of him defending himself that I found in the process:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=BhplIoKvvu4&feature=related
And no, I'm not from Germany, I just had a German friend who sent me a YouTube video once, and now YouTube thinks I am.
I think he makes a decent enough point.
I think I'm convinced that the reason people hate him so much is that he makes movies that should appeal togame-nerds, only they're not made for game-nerds, they're made for people who like bad movies, so he attracts the wrong audience.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 1:40am

Actually, "House Of The Dead" was released in theaters back in 2002/03. You must have missed it, but be glad about that, because you didn't miss much. Also, you must have missed out on his YouTube video in which he proclaims he is "the only f***ing genius in the movie industry" and his movies are way better than the likes of Michael Bay, Eli Roth, and George Clooney. His head is up his own ass (same as Seltzerberg) which is why giving awards spread between their four Razzie entries (Boll's "In The Name Of The King" and "Postal" vs. Seltzerberg's "Meet The Spartans" and "Disaster Movie") will be a hard choice to make. But yes, Boll is worthy of a Lifetime Career Award, because when your latest movie opens in ONE theater, your career is over.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 4:12pm

Hey, I know we all hate Uwe, and I'm not trying to say he's not horrible, but look at it this way... He's not releasing any movies that he really expects to do well, with the exception of maybe In The Name of the King. I mean, I had never heard of Postal until the hype over how bad it was came out. I haven't heard of this. House of the Dead was straight to video. BloodRayne wasn't rubbed in anyone's face.

My point being, he's not out there trying to win Oscars, he's just doing his own thing. Hasn't anyone ever watched a Troma movie? Do those win Razzies? I just put Uwe in that category: He's not out trying to be a power player, he's just a guy making awful movies about video games. Give him the Life Time Achievement of Crap, but save your Worst Director awards for toolbags like Seltzerberg, folks who think they're hilarious, have huge ad budgets, and actually CAN make sure you have to hear about their atrocities against mankind.

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 1:55am

If Boll's movies suck so bad WITH scripts, I can only imagine how bad one of his movies would be WITHOUT a script! Just how many theaters is this opening in, two? I know I harp on about Seltzerberg sweeping the Razzies, but after this, they will have to settle for Worst Screenplay, because Worst Director should already have Boll's name on it by now...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You've over-estimated the number of theatres willing to play this movie by...100%. According to the L.A. Times review last Friday, this is playing only at some theatre called "The Downtown Independent" (apparently the same theatre that held a Boll Film Fest earlier this month, supposedly with Uwe in attendance).

As I've stated elsewhere on this Forum, playing in only ONE theatre does technically qualify this film for our Voting Members' consideration (though just barely).  So, even though our already-printed (and about-to-be-mailed) Nominating Ballot only lists IN THE NAME OF THE KING and POSTAL after Boll's name, if he does get nominated for Worst Director, I plan to ADD this title to his 2008 "achievements" in all press materials, and on our Final Ballot...

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 1:32am
I heard that this was 100% improv with no script!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2008 at 1:14pm
Seriously, if this doesn't seal the deal for Boll, nothing will. That makes it three strikes in one year. Hand this man his spray painted gold, please!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2008 at 12:34pm
I finally got to see IN THE NAME OF THE THING on cable. I sure
wasn't going to pay for it, but I almost burned out my Time Warner DVR box
hitting the replay key to just absorb the total banality of that movie. Sorry,
but I cannot take another movie from the BOLL WEEVILL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>