Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > BEDTIME STORIES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

This MIGHT Constitute Child Abuse!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This MIGHT Constitute Child Abuse!!
    Posted: December 23 2008 at 2:18pm

IF YOU THOUGHT YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN WASN'T QUITE WRETCHED ENOUGH to SECURE ADAM SANDLER HIS 7th WORST ACTOR NOMINATION, MAYBE the COMBINATION of ZOHAN and BEDTIME STORIES WILL DO the TRICK.

AIMED AT SMALL KIDS (MANY of WHOM MAY BE SEEING SANDLER for the FIRST TIME in THIS) STORIES PLACES SELF-PROFESSED "FUNNYMAN" ADAM in a SERIES of PROGRESSIVELY MORE FANTASTIC (READ EVER-LAMER) BEDTIME TALES EMBELLISHED by HIS KIDS. AMONG the SETTINGS ARE ANCIENT ROME, the OLD WEST, and a MAGICAL LAND WHERE IT RAINS CANDY (INSERT BLATANT PRODUCT PLUG)...   

IF THAT SOUNDS APPEALING to YOU, WE SUGGEST YOU START LINING UP NOW to be the FIRST IN LINE for I KNOW WHO KILLED ME 2... 

IF IT DOESN'T SOUND APPEALING to YOU, YOU'VE COME to the RIGHT PLACE... 

AUDIENCE: "Is that a totally fake-looking CGI Hamster on your head, or are you just embarrassed to be in this??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 2:56pm
I thought "Zohan" SUCKED -- And this looks even worse! Trying to find some bright side, all I can come uip with is: If this is a G-Rated Disney movie, at least we're all but guaranteed we won't have to look at Sandler's saggy bare butt again, like we did in "Zohan"...
Everything SUX!
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 11:42am
Damn this movie looks abominable! Adam Sandler is annoying enough when
he does his usual raunchy stuff, but this "family friendly" attempt makes me
want to hurl !
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 5:36pm

MILD SPOILERS

Actually, this movie is about at the same level, maybe a little bit lower, than Click.  I feel this is one of Adam Sandler's better comedies.  Take that however you want.  There wasn't a single scene in the movie that compared to the abysmal performance during the wedding scene in I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.  If you are looking for a Razzie-worthy bad movie, you have plenty of other movies released this year to look at (88 Minutes, Postal, Ramblows, In the Name of the King-a-ling, American Carol, The Love Goofoo, Strange Wilderness, Witless Protection, The Hottie and the Nottie and anything by Seltzer/Friedberg).  Bedtime Stories is funny at times, dumb at times, and the guinea pig looks el-fakerino to the nth degree, but it seriously does not sink to such depths where bilgewater would seem great to drink.

Best scene: when Sandler presents his idea for a hotel theme while talking with. . . well, I don't want to spoil it too much. . . .  Then again, this is the one part of the movie where Sandler really doesn't say anything.  So take that any way you want to. . . .

Worst scene: Rob Schneider first scene in the movie.  His last scene in the movie was funny, though.

asherhawke View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote asherhawke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2008 at 4:20pm
Wait, is there really an I Know Who Killed Me 2 on the way? Now THAT would
be cool!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 1:22am

Man, I hope you're joking. The only reason why I Know Who Killed Me 2 would be cool is because we would have another excuse to give Lindsay Lohan 3 more Razzies.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2009 at 5:49am
IKWKM 2?! Damn when you think Lindsay couldn't get lower than her first
IKWKM, some people just keep lowering the bar.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2009 at 9:05am

Originally posted by movieman

IKWKM 2?! Damn when you think Lindsay couldn't get lower than her first
IKWKM, some people just keep lowering the bar.

No, there won't be. It was a commerical and critical disaster. A sequel will be a hug waste of money. Although, you never know, a studio might be dumb enough to make a direct-to-DVD sequel starring some Z-list, unknown actress in Lohan's twin roles. I HATE direct-to-DVD sequels, they have no right to exist.

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 8:32am

Have yet to see this film but it looks like a cute film (kind of reminds me of Jumangi, which was my favorite movie as a kid). My friend saw it and said it was good BUT i will probably wait till DVD. Oh and dont nomiante Courteney Cox! Huge fan of hers and she didn't deserve her other nomiantion AT ALL.

Oh and is it me or is this year kind of weak for bad movies (And great movies at that).

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 3:38pm
Adam Sandler may have redemption. He's gonna team up with Seth Rogen and Leslie Mann in a Judd Apatow film called Funny People. It's about two wannabe comedians looking to hit the big time. Co-starring Leslie Mann, Jonah Hill, Eric "HULK SMASH" Bana, Kristin Stewart, RZA, and Jason Schwartzman among others.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
tdickensheets View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tdickensheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 4:02pm

Let Teddy Ruxpin read a bedtime story ok.

http://www.teddyruxpin.com

Thomas Dickensheets
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 1:35pm
I don't know how to review this movie.

On one hand,it was one of the funniest Adam Sandler movies I've seen.On the other,is one of the most predictable movies I've seen.

Usually,Adam Sandler is funny,but this time,his character is.That's based on the dialogue,not on his way to say it.The same goes for Russell Brand,except that I never think he's funny.

The ending was way too rushed.

There's nothing wrong with Rob Schneider's cameos.
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by movieman

IKWKM 2?! Damn when you think Lindsay couldn't get lower than her first IKWKM, some people just keep lowering the bar.
No, there won't be. It was a commerical and critical disaster. A sequel will be a hug waste of money. Although, you never know, a studio might be dumb enough to make a direct-to-DVD sequel starring some Z-list, unknown actress in Lohan's twin roles. I HATE direct-to-DVD sequels, they have no right to exist.
I know,right?A few days ago I saw CRUEL INTENTIONS 3.Not bad,but I don't understand why they make them knowin'it won't make money.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:00pm
I saw this film and was taken by surprise that the film was hilarious. Honestly, this film made me laugh much harder than The Hangover. Ok. That's an exaggeration, but Russell Brand's character is the best character in the entire film because he is so freaking hilarious. I'd compare him to Zach Galifianakis' character in The Hangover. As for the entire film, it was harmless fun for the family.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I saw this film and was taken by surprise that the film was hilarious. Honestly, this film made me laugh much harder than The Hangover. Ok. That's an exaggeration, but Russell Brand's character is the best character in the entire film because he is so freaking hilarious. I'd compare him to Zach Galifianakis' character in The Hangover. As for the entire film, it was harmless fun for the family.
Funnier than "Hangover"? I find that hard to believe. Maybe in a cutesy kid flick way, but no recent comedy beats "Hangover" in laughs.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 8:11am
Amen to that!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Vits

Amen to that!
That "Bedtime Stories" was the funniest movie of that year or that there hasn't been a recent comedy funnier than "Hangover"?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>