A Truly Slick, SICK Chick Flick!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Truly Slick, SICK Chick Flick!
    Posted: September 05 2010 at 6:48pm
Fall from grace perhaps?  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 5:29pm
Why did you nominate Candice Bergen for this? Her character was barely in it. I don't mean screen-time --I mean, she was just there talking...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Bergen has fallen into a habit of doing the exact same "stuffy/snooty society dame" schtick in movie after movie, and I guess our Voting Members wanted to call her on it. And her total screen time in this film was at least 10 minutes, possibly as much as 15...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 2:58pm
Maybe you should have given it the 0!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 2:41pm
I gave this 1/10 (I could've give it 0).  

A lot of you didn't gave it a chance and said the premise was stupid because: 

1)Real women wouldn't fight like that.  

2)It seems they never heard of a double wedding.  

They explain why they don't want a double wedding. People who have been best friends since childhood do have fights, even as big as they show here, because of little comments and conflicts that build up to anger. They also showed that in SUPERBAD -- except that movie was funny.  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Vits

[QUOTE=GTAHater767]
You know?You should understand that it's fiction.
From what I read, after 30 years of rom-coms like these, men and women THINK that's what real love is like. For some people, what they see on the big screen is what they are meant to think love is suppose to be like and they can't tell the difference.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Critics have shown her the error of those two movies' ways. The world of romance is bad enough because of America's recent hike in divorces and breakups. When I read about all these rom/com bombs and chick flicks that lick (beep), I grow more distant from the world of dating.
You know?You should understand that it's fiction.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 11:54am
Good. Now please do us all a favor and increase your font size.
-Iron helps us play-
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 11:46am

Critics have shown her the error of those two movies' ways. The world of romance is bad enough because of America's recent hike in divorces and breakups. When I read about all these rom/com bombs and chick flicks that lick (beep), I grow more distant from the world of dating.

JUU BAN
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Mrc. 25; Divergent. Apl. 1; NOAH, Sabotage. Apl. 15; Oculus. Apl. 22; A Haunted House 2. Apl. 29; The Other Woman.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 10:33am
You wan'na hear somethin'funny? My sister said that this and 27 DRESSES were 2 of her favorite movies. Then,I showed her the reviews (includin'the ones that said that this was a rip-off of the other one)and one week later,she watched this a 2nd time,and decided she didn't like it anymore!!  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 7:42am
Since it was released in the very beginning of last year, people might not remember this movie. However, it has been playing on HBO, so that might remind them. Overall, the movie should get (dis)honorable Razzie mention since it has a HUGE plot in the form the two leads never hearding of a double wedding, which would have solved their problem within the first 30 seconds of the movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 10:53pm
Honestly, it looked bad enough to deserve a lot of nods and Razzies, but it doubtfully will pull through due to how early in the year it was released. Dragon Ball and Street Fighter might also escape a lot of due criticism for just that reason.
-Iron helps us play-
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 10:03pm
This film has been suggested for about 3 penalties. What do you think are the chances it will get nominated?
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Mrc. 25; Divergent. Apl. 1; NOAH, Sabotage. Apl. 15; Oculus. Apl. 22; A Haunted House 2. Apl. 29; The Other Woman.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Very possible. I just wish they'd go back to the idea that I pitched... She gets to do any movie she wants, but then has to do a movie with just me and her making out for 2 hours.

Somehow, I think she might have a small problem with that.... I dunno.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 11:49am
Very possible. I just wish they'd go back to the idea that I pitched... She gets to do any movie she wants, but then has to do a movie with just me and her making out for 2 hours.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:49am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

It probably was in her contract. Sometimes I wonder if the roles that stars take have more to do with being obligated to a studio than because they really do or don't want to do a script. The longer you're in Hollywood, the better your options become. You'd think Anne Hathaway was big enough at this point, but soon enough, I suppose.

I think this movie was what she had to agree to to get cast in "Get Smart" ... She gets a big budget film, and then has to slog through some chick flick...

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 11:30pm
It probably was in her contract. Sometimes I wonder if the roles that stars take have more to do with being obligated to a studio than because they really do or don't want to do a script. The longer you're in Hollywood, the better your options become. You'd think Anne Hathaway was big enough at this point, but soon enough, I suppose.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>