Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 1987 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 1987 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: December 04 2005 at 2:24pm

HERE'S WHERE to JOIN the DISCUSSION of OUR 1987 RESULTS... 

...and HERE'S the LINK to CHECK OUT WHAT WAS ACTUALLY NOMINATED (and EVENTUALLY RAZZed)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 3:05pm

Why were Mack Dryden and Jamie Alcroft nominated together? And what's Jim Varney doing here?

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 4:15pm
Who's That Girl was so much better received than Jaws: The Revenge, Ishtar, or Leonard Part 6. How did it get nominated for Worst Picture?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's an R.T. LINK to see the reviews on WHO'S THAT GIRL, which did get less awful numbers than JAWS 4-F (LINK) ISHTAR (LINK) or LEONARD PART 6 (IMDb LINK) but still managed a well-within-RAZZIE-range 23% Approval at R.T. (Meaning over 75% of crix trashed it). 

Granting you the benefit of the doubt, I will assume you have not seen WHO'S, which features the All-Time Female RAZZIE® Champion giving one of the most grating performances (in one of the worst-written films) of her far-from-stellar "movie career."  
If you had seen it, I doubt you'd be questioning its multiple nominations...  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 4:38am
What is A shark doing up there? I'm sorry, but that's just a silly nomination. I think the nomination should have been for either Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman in Ishtar (I believe they were both the main actors), or Dolph Lundgren in Masters of the Universe.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 10:30am
Apparently it's "Razzies humour," which I don't seem to get, either.  

Originally posted by oiram

What is A shark doing up there? I'm sorry, but that's just a silly nomination.
blueraven View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 9:21am
You know something....it's not fair to the other nominees when Madonna is on the list....they don't stand a chance at 'winning' the award with  her there...wouldn't you agree?  

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Granting you the benefit of the doubt, I will assume you have not seen WHO'S, which features the All-Time Female RAZZIE® Champion giving one of the most grating performances, in one of the worst written films, of her far-from-stellar "movie career."  
If you had seen it, I don't think you'd be questioning its multiple nominations...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 5:24pm
I just noticed something. How come the nominees for Worst Visual Effects were the special effects people?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'm unsure what the point is that you are trying to make here, but in 1987, CGI did not exist, and the logical nominees for Worst Special Visual Effects would be those we named... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2011 at 4:45am
Oh! I didn't know. Whenever I read the credits (yes, I'm that guy), I read "Visual FX Supervisor" and then "Special FX Supervisor", meaning they're different things.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 11:51am
On this episode, I compare two-time nominee SUPERMAN PART IV to the rest of the franchise (skip to 00:37):

rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 12:19am
Oh, I thought Who's that girl was OK-ish for what it was and Madonna did a much better performance (which means less wooden) than the one she gave in Shanghai Surprise 

And if the opinion of the critics are so valuable, why did the razzies nominated some movies that were actually WELL received by them such as The Blair Witch Project? 
 Post Reply Post Reply