Spawn of Satan, Get Thee Hence!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spawn of Satan, Get Thee Hence!
    Posted: January 24 2010 at 7:52am
Yes, Carla Gugino was on the ballot for her role in this movie. I believe the movie was listed in other catagories, too. The chances of it making the final five? I would say somewhere in the middle, not shoe-in, but bad enough for serious consideration.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 10:15pm

If this film gets nominated for anything, i expect it to be Worst Supporting Actress for Carla Gugino. Are the chances high enough that I can legitimately expect that much?

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 12:48am
C;mon... These guys were never going to win any Oscars. SotL, yes, but let's face it - that was ALL because of Anthony Hopkins' Lecter, and the creepiness he brought to it.
Y'know what I'd like to test though, is trying out a thriller with Peter Stormare as a creepy Lecter type and have it be a serious movie. He was still probably one of the best Satans ever in Constantine. And if anyone ever watches Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job and saw his cameo on that, he could quite possibly be the creepiest man of all time. Peter Stormare FTW.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 9:07am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Again, I'd hardly consider SotL or SS to be "horror." Thriller is more appropriate. I think you need to actually put Satan in your movie if you want to turn anything that could possibly be considered a thriller (The Omen, Rosemary's Baby) into a horror movie.

Yes, but by doing so, your movie is automatcially declared an "Omen/Rosemary's Baby" knockoff and any Oscar consideration goes out the window.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 6:39am
Again, I'd hardly consider SotL or SS to be "horror." Thriller is more appropriate. I think you need to actually put Satan in your movie if you want to turn anything that could possibly be considered a thriller (The Omen, Rosemary's Baby) into a horror movie.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 2:35am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although it has been a while, it's "only" 17 years since SILENCE OF THE LAMBS actually won Best Picture (and all five major Academy Awards) for 1991...

The Sixth Sense
[/QUOTE]

He said WON. Although "Sixth Sense" did get major nods, it didn't win any of them.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 2:42pm
It may not be a direct translation of an Asian horror movie, but it certainly appeared to be inspired by them.
-Iron helps us play-
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 2:20pm
If I have anything nice to say about this one, it's that it's the first one in a
long line of supernatural/ghost stories that isn't a remake of an Asian
horror movie. But don't that fool you into thinking this isn't a derivative
and predictable "thriller". If you've seen movies like The Excorsist
and The Grudge, The Unborn has nothing to offer other than
nostalgia for when the genre was still fresh. There are no real scares
other than the "haha, made you jump" kind of jolts. And most of the
scenes where the protagonist is in trouble, it's usually some kind of
hallucination caused by her unborn brother. So I sit there wondering why
I should be scared when she isn't in any real danger. If you've seen
movies like The Excorsist and The Grudge, The Unborn
has nothing to offer other than nostalgia for when the genre was still
fresh. Though it's not a remake, I do believe this qualifies as a Worst
Remake or Ripoff
contender.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2009 at 4:35pm

This movie looks pretty bad, but I'm sure there'll be much worse and before our next nominating time comes, we'll forget about it. That's all that comes to mind here: Forgettable. Sure, what's-her-name is fine, but so was Elisha Cuthbert, and look at Captivity. (I saw that in the theaters... Do NOT ask me why). 

As for Oscars, when was the last time ANY horror movie was even considered a "good" movie, or even anything close to Oscar-worthy? Rosemary's Baby? The Omen? 25-30 years?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although it has been a while, it's "only" 17 years since SILENCE OF THE LAMBS actually won Best Picture (and all five major Academy Awards) for 1991...

The Sixth Sense
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2009 at 3:55pm

I count "SOTL" as more of a thriller, than a horror movie.

moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2009 at 9:49am

I thought the ad copy was funny.

IT WANTS TO BE BORN

NOW.

I want to rent this. I've heard it is unintentionally funny. That satanic baby thing is humorous by now.

Fred Cooper
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by sportsartist24

I wonder what would have happened to this movie if it was absolutely Unborn. Oh well, I guess none of us don't really want to know.

Absolut Unborn... I could have used some Absolut after watching this stinker... with enough booze, I might have managed to forget it.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 5:32pm

I wonder what would have happened to this movie if it was absolutely Unborn. Oh well, I guess none of us don't really want to know.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 3:43am

Didn't notice the reply until just now - You COULD consider SotL a suspense/thriller rather than a horror movie. I don't think the idea was to scare, so much as to say "Hey, I'm Hannibal Lecta and I'ma CRAAAZEHHHHH"

-Iron helps us play-
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 4:46pm

Worst Movie I have seen in a really long time.

2010 Razzie Nominations

Worst Picure

Worst Director

Worst Actress - Odette Nice-Ass

Worst Actor - Gary Oldman

Worst Supporting Actor - Guy who played her boyfriend

Worst Supporting Actress - Jane Alexander

Worst Screenplay

kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 4:01am

I hate Gary Oldman. I hope he deserves a nomination for this movie next year...

FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>