Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BERRY FUNNY VIDEO CLIPs! > Experience Great, RAZZIE®-Related Moments Past & Present!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ceremony Clips from 29th RAZZIES®

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ceremony Clips from 29th RAZZIES®
    Posted: February 24 2009 at 9:34am

Mostly posted on You Tube by us and an audience member with a high-end cell phone, here are multiple clips from our 2009 / 29th Annual RAZZIE® ceremonies, in show order:

Opening Number (You May Also Opt to Watch This Clip in HI-REZ by Clicking the HD Button Below the Viewing Window):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPz-Pubdw_M 

Worst Supporting Actress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS4Hv2Fgr2M 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJf4mAbDa7Q

Worst Screenplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtO5SWmo4v4

Worst Director:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHZ87DLrDA0

Worst Screen Couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npumlgjGYFs

Worst Actress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0R5nEITaq8

Worst Actor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqVjUrM8hw4

Worst Picture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLosOrrWRtE

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 10:00am

Oh God, I'm never listening to that opening number ever again.

Some of the winners deserved it but damn! Pierce Brosnan as Worst Supporting Actor and Indiana Jones 4 as Worst Sequel? COME ON! No awards for Disaster Movie or The Happening?!

I know Indiana Jones 4 was bad, but seriously, how could they beat out both Disaster Movie AND Star Wars?

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 2:52pm

Yes, "Indiana Jones 4" was that bad. Everyone knew "Disaster Movie" was going to suck, and after the train wrecks that were the "Star Wars" prequels, no one cared about "Clone Wars". People had high hopes for "I.J. 4", waiting 20 years to join Indy in another adventure, and what did we get? Nuking the fridge, super strong fire ants, Shia Lebeouf doing a Tarzan, and aliens! All it did was further prove that the 4th movie in a series is ALWAYS the worst. As for Pierce, well his singing must be really, really, really, really bad. And Paris Hilton must be really, really, really, really hated here. As I said, any excuse to give Uwe Boll more "awards" was fine by me.

PS: Wow, the Razzies really do mock the Oscars in every way, down to the each presenter takes turns talking thing.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 4:48pm

It would be hilariously remarkable if there was any way the Razzies could emulate how the Oscars handed out the best actor and best actress awards this year.  Can you just imagine it?  Five past Razzie "winning" actresses show up and each one addresses one of the worst actress nominees, talking about their career and how it has gone in the toilet. . . .

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 2:46am

Oh that would be priceless with the five past Razzie "winners" presenting. I can see it now:

"Paris Hilton, you have no talent and yet it doesn't stop you from making movies. Some of the dumbest movies possible. And then you make sure your co-stars are equally talentless so they make you look better. Why, Paris, why must you remain in the spotlight? Did your parents really pay so little attention to you as a child that now you have to make up for it? And while you're at it, can you please get your friend Kim Kardashian to stop copying your "career"? One spoiled rich b*tch getting media attention just for partying is enough. So, Paris, this one's for you!".

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 5:18pm
I don't know if I'd say the fourth movie is the worst, necessarily... I mean look at the schlock that came after the 4th Friday the 13th. But that's unimportant. Indiana Jones definitely deserves any honor it gets for worst sequel of the year, for all the reasons Michaels mentions above, and more. The introduction of aliens to the series alone warrants that kind of attention.

I also have to agree that "The Happening" deserved some kind of award, as a way to tell M. Night Shamalamadingdong to STOP... I mean, I had hoped that "Lady in the Water" and "The Village" had been some kind of fluke, but when he pumps out crap like "The Happening", I seriously think that the guy has lost any good will "The Sixth Sense" earned him. Like Uwe Boll, his movies are at the point where I believe showing them to suspected terrorists would likely be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Doesn't this stuff violate a provision of the Geneva Convention or something?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2009 at 3:38am
If anyone really wants to know just how bad Indy 4 really was, here is a personal testimonial. I spent weeks in advance of this film dreading a summer of opening my email box and finding it flooded with emails from the flying saucer nuts. Curiously enough, the fear was unfounded. In fact, I don't think I got a single one, at least not one that was inspired by the film. When a movie about alien artifacts can't get the UFO worshippers worked up, something is seriously wrong with it...yes, the award was incredibly well deserved.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 1:52pm
I've yet to see Indy 4, and probably won't do so until it's 20 years old and I need a last minute date movie, but from everything I've heard about it, I'm just glad I wasn't a huge Indy fan to begin with. (I liked them, but just a casual fan.)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 3:57pm

20 years until you see "Indy 4"?! Talk about waiting to exhale! Better to skip it all together and watch the classic "When Harry Met Sally..." for a date movie.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 5:35pm
I think after seeing Indy 4, I will never again use the term "Jumped the Shark". From now on, it's all going to be "Nuked the Fridge".

And honestly, in 20 years, if they haven't come out with some real date movies, take Michaels' advice... that is, if you don't want it to be the last date...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 1:26am

Agreed, Frank. "Jumped the Shark" has a new successor, and it's "Nuked the Fridge", which I'm going to use for now on whenever a scene ruins the entire movie. Oh, and I found this on IMDb:

Winners of the annual Razzies awards often see DVD rentals and sales climb following the presentations, Britain's Guardian newspaper reported today (Thursday). Helen Cowley of Lovefilm, a British online DVD rental service, told the newspaper, The Razzies make people aware of films they wouldn't have gone to the cinema to see. ... Gigli (nine nominations, six wins) was absolutely huge for us -- if subscribers hadn't wasted Ł10 to see it at the cinema, they rented it from us. The Razzies get people talking about films." Stuart Kemp, who heads the Hollywood Reporter's U.K. news bureau, agreed. "People will want to see just how bad it was to merit a Razzie," he said. But actors who win a Razzie aren't likely to appreciate the honor. John Wilson, who created the awards in 1980, told the Guardian, "I like to think we can take credit for some performers who've won a Razzie and then never graced the screen again," he said.

Maybe there is some truth to why people didn't vote for "Disaster Movie" for this very reason.

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 4:08pm
Indiana Jones 4 received positively from critics, but negatively from audiences. I definitely would say that sounds like Indy 4 was a disappointment, and for the first time ever, a film directed by Steven Spielberg actually "wins" a RAZZIE. One thing to wait and see, Spielberg get a RAZZIE nod.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 9:52am
Actually, critics gave "Indiana Jones 4" mixed reviews, not all positive, yet not all negative. And there's one person to blame: George Lucas. He was the one who kept demanding the script be rewritten over and over and what we saw on the screen was what HE thought was the best version. The man needs to retire!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:08am
I think George Lucas might be clinically insane. All the aliens and stuff in Star Wars have warped his brain to a nice pudding-like consistency. Can we get him an honorary Razzie for Biggest Career Nosedive?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 3:34pm
I second the idea of George Lucas getting a Career Nosedive Award! Or the I Forgot How To Do Proper Storytelling Award.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 4:11pm

Not a bad idea, however I say lets take it one step further, and name a whole award category in "honor" of his failures. We could call it "The George Lucas Award," and give it to Directors who at one point in their careers seemed to do no wrong, but now seem to have no idea what the f**k they're doing anymore. George Lucas could get the initial award, and each year we could give another director the "Honor." Potential future nominees can include M. Night Shyamalan, George A. Romero, The Wachowski Brothers, and that guy who made Deer Hunter.

What do you guys think?

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>