Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 2002 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 2002 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: July 07 2010 at 1:11pm

The ones that should've won are Adam Sandler and Tom Green. The ones that shouldn't even have been nominated are JACKASS, and the songs.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 2:18pm
I just saw LIFE,OR SOMETHING LIKE IT and gave it 30%. "Worst Actress" should've been the last category you would think of during the balloting. Angelina saves the movie(critics think that too). I didn't know she could be funny!  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 1:23pm
I just saw SWEPT AWAY. Do you really think it's one of the worst movies of the 2000's?  

It has it's moments, and the ending is powerful. But as a critic's rule, I take everything that was in the original one. This one is only left with nothing good. I won't use that rule on the premise. It doesn't matter that it's a direct remake. The premise is still a rip-off from other romantic fiction works.  

I do agree with "Worst Picture", but only for that year. Also "Screen Couple," because the actors don't look good together and the characters shouldn't be together. The way they present this, it's not "Two people that hate each other for being different in political and social aspects end up away from society and it's judgements and fall in love." More like "Two people that hate each other for their personalities end up away from society and fall in love because they kinda have to, or they'll die alone". The way they switch from hating each other to being in love has got to be the fastest and dumbest way I've seen in a long time. 

I also agree with "Worst Director." The movie is a visual torture, from Guy Ritchie's trademark fast editing to the eye-hurting abuse of lighting. At least in BLINDNESS it served a purpose. 

I disagree with "Worst Actress." Madonna failed to show real emotions, but not acting well isn't necessarilly bad acting. She actually did a good job of being annoying as hell, which her character required to be.

I give it 3/10.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 7:26pm
Yeah, I know, Madonna can't act, and the whole movie was just a showcase for her lack of talent. 

But I think Worst Picture should have gone to one of the other movies. "Pluto Nash" was a box office bomb that made less than 1/4 its budget back. "Crossroads" was just an excuse to get Britney Spears in a movie, and thankfully, no one has tried to get her in another one ever since. And "Star Wars Ep. 2" ... the future Darth Vader is a whining, emo brat that needed to be bitch slapped, need I say more. 

So yeah, "Swept Away" was not the worst movie of 2002, in my opinion.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 12:57pm
1)Are you saying that a movie's quality should be based on how it performed at the box office? 

2)I'm tired of people messing with CROSSROADS.It wasn't good,and I hate star vehicles.But some parts were surprisingly good. Actually it's when bad things happen,since you don't expect that from that style of movie. As for Britney,she has made very good appearances in sitcoms(I know it's not the same). 

3)What Hayden Christensen did that ruined the character of Darth Vader was all in EPISODE III. EPISODE II was passable.  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 3:09pm
1). No, "Pluto Nash" also sucked to high heaven, the fact it bombed was just icing on the cake. But I do recall being a box office bomb is also a quality that the Razzies look for.  

2). Well just a few good parts do not a good movie make, and the entire movie was marketed as Britney Spears' first film, which I think turned alot of people off to it.  

3). How could I make it any more clear what is wrong with Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader? Vader is supposed to be the greatest villain in the history of film, and Hayden played him like a whiny, crybaby, emo brat. At one point, I was half expecting him to lock himself in his room while listening to My Chemical Romance and writing bad poetry! This is the greatest villain in all of film history? Now, Captain Vidal from "Pan's Labyrinth", THAT is the kind of villain Darth Vader should have been before becoming a Sith lord -- but George Lucas is a hack writer, so we got stick with Darth Backstreet Boy.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 3:22pm
1)I know.I'm just messing with you.
2)Like I said it wasn't a good movie.It was a movie with good parts.I know people hated it just for having Britney in it,but your comment sounded like you thought that too.Did you?
3)Once again:The concensus is that he ruined DARTH VADER in EPISODE III,not in EPISODE II.My proof is what you said:
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

At one point, I was half expecting him to lock himself in his room while listening to My Chemical Romance and writing bad poetry!
My Chemical Romance became famous in 2005,when that movie was released.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 7:12pm
No one really cared for Hayden in Ep. 2, either. And everyone only saw Ep. 3 to see him finally become Darth Vader. I just said My Chemical Romance because it was the first emo band that came to mind. Since I don't listen to their s***, I wouldn't know what year they became famous... 
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 6:06am
I gave Revenge of the Sith a 51%, which is mediocre. It was okay, my father and I agreed, and we thought it was more action than dialogue. It was neither good nor bad, and I thought there were much worse movies that could've been nominated besides Revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds [remake], and Kicking & Screaming.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 9:41am
I know -- Again,just messing with you...  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

No one really cared for him in Ep. 2, either. And everyone only saw Ep. 3 to see him finally become Darth Vader. I just said My Chemical Romance because it was the first emo band that could come to my mind. Since I don't listen to their s***, I wouldn't know what year they became famous.
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 8:28pm
The "insurance policy" of voting for Madonna's tiny role in Die Another Day in case she lost to Spears was wrong! I liked her in that. I liked Lara Flynn Boyle. I liked Natalie Portman. I have not seen Bo Derek  or Rebecca Romihn Stamos! Supporting Actress had such a wealth of possiblities! From Scooby Doo! sarah michell geller or linda cardellini. Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york? What about Kate Hudston for The Four Feathers? Heather Graham The Guru. The hammy cast of The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood? Dawson of Pluto Nash! There were so many!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 4:12am
Originally posted by whennow

Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york?
I don't remember much of that movie,but she was nominated for a Golden Globe.
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2010 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Vits

Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york?
I don't remember much of that movie,but she was nominated for a Golden Globe.

I think the response to her in GONY got worse and worse the longer the movie was out.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2010 at 7:07am

Supporting Actress had such a wealth of possiblities! From Scooby Doo! sarah michell geller or linda cardellini. Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york? What about Kate Hudston for The Four Feathers? Heather Graham The Guru. The hammy cast of The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood? Dawson of Pluto Nash! There were so many!!!

Yes, all good choices, but in the end ... the Razzies really, really, REALLY HATE Madonna.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2010 at 7:07am
OK, I know I should've posted this ealier, but better late than never.

I officially saw Pinocchio without the dub, and I liked it. Call me stupid, call me crazy, call me what you will, but I feel that it wasn't really bad. I felt that it tried to follow the book more closely than most other adaptations, and it seemed to do what it was set out to do. I also liked that it used little CGI as possible. Most others these days throw in as much CGI as possible. I honestly wasn't "offended" by an adult playing a child, in fact, I think Benigni's face matched some of the old illustrations of Pinocchio. I will say that Pinocchio himself seemed to get a little annoying with his whole "It does not appeal" thing, but I didn't end up hating him.

So there, that's what I think, and I'll say no more.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2010 at 9:54am
One of the most popular latin TV shows of the past 40 years is EL CHAVO DEL 8. The characters are adults and kids, but the actors are all adults. Although I guess it's more a matter of of how they act. I've heard people didn't like Roberto, not because of his age, but because he didn't know how to play a child. 

Originally posted by oiram

I honestly wasn't "offended" by an adult playing a child, in fact, I think Benigni's face matched some of the old illustrations of Pinocchio.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>