Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2003 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: December 26 2010 at 1:35pm
I know cameos have been nominated in the past, because some actors can suck within a few minutes. But Paris appeared for literally 2 seconds IN CAT IN THE HAT, and didn't speak at all.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 4:40pm
"Isn't an adaptation a remake?" -- Not unless you count the direct-to-VHS, animated short that was based on the book.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 1:37pm
OK, two things.

1: Why just Ben with Lopez? Why not let it be Ben Affleck and either Jennifer Lopez in Gigli, Jennifer Gardner in Daredevil or Uma Thurman in Paycheck? By extension, why not also have Piper Perabo from Cheaper By the Dozen up there with Tara and Brittany(Rest in Peace) against Ashton?

2: Why Mort Nathan as worst director? What's so special about him? Shouldn't that nom be McG for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 4:14pm
1)I think it was because GIGLI wasn't meant to be a rom-com until those 2 were cast, and the Razzies wanted to say F.U. to the studios for thinking people are that dumb. As for Piper...you're right. She spent more time with Ashton than Tara. But I guess it's because they weren't a good couple on purpose? 

2)The directing was the worst part of BOAT TRIP. If anything McG deserved a nom. for TERMINATOR 4.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 11:32am
I just saw DUPLEX.Drew Barrymore was a little lazy but she didn't deserve "Worst Actress".I found the R.T. concensus unfair:"It was funnier when it was called THROW "MOMMA" FROM THE TRAIN".I give it 3/10.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 8:41am
I just saw PAYCHECK.

John Woo's directing was a step up from FACE/OFF in terms of action.But it was a step down in terms of handling the script.At first it's very intriguing.But halfway through the movie you see where it's going,and how it will end,and the action scenes somehow become boring.

This won "Worst Actor".Ben Affleck's performance was weak.Aaron Eckhart was alright.Uma Thurman...nothing worth mentioning.Paul Giamatti...I don't know if he was a star back then,but he deserves more than being the comic relief who barely appears.At least the funny sidekick who's with the hero in every scene!

I give it 5/10.
leeyn View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote leeyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2011 at 9:00pm
Since it takes all of 4.5 minutes to read the book, of course they had to stretch out and elaborate on the original material to make a feature length film -- But in doing so, I would argue, they completely disrespected their source.。。。LOL
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2012 at 9:14am
Because I saw it when I was 13, I decided to re-watch the MATRIX trilogy. It deserved both its Oscar wins and Razzie nominations.

Of course that I was blown away by the style of THE MATRIX. And while I also liked the phylosophical themes, I didn't really like the story. Best Performance? Hugo Weaving (he was over-the-top in a good way). Worst Performance? Keanu Reeves. He only showed true emotions during the fights, and being angry at your adversary isn't really an emotion, right?

Of course that the story couldn't support a sequel, and let alone 2. And it didn't. THE MATRIX RELOADED consisted on mostly talking, and I only cared about it when they referenced those phylosofical themes, nothing else. The fights started to feel obviously choreographed, and the action sequences were too long and tedious.

THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS was less boring, but I just didn't care about the characters. And the story got too convoluted. Most of the acting sucked, including Weaving who got over-the-top in a bad way. As for the ending... I didn't care that it was ambigious, it was how they presented it. It felt like they ran out of reel.

I give them 7/10, 1/10 and 1/10 respectively.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2012 at 1:27am
2003. Agent 003's body was found in the arctic with a microchip with Zorin's calling card on it. Here's my take on the Year of the Chilled Microchip, Two Double-O-Three:

Films that should've been RAZZed, but didn't: 4
House of the Dead
The Haunted Mansion
View From the Top
Jeepers Creepers 2

Films that got RAZZed, but shouldn't have: 2
The Matrix Reloaded
Radio

Films that got RAZZed to the wrong degree: 3
Dumb and Dumber'er: When Harry Met Lloyd (Not RAZZed enough)
Kangaroo Jack (Not RAZZed enough)
Boat Trip (Not RAZZed enough)

Worst Trends/Events of 2003:
V. All the lousy dark-of-night thrillers (Cold Creek Manor, Dreamcatcher, The Hunted, Bulletproof Monk)
IV. Superhero themed films dipping in quality (Ex. HULK, Daredevil)
III. Ben Affleck, his 3 strikes, and his crumbling relationship with J-Lo
II. Underachievers trying to dance in an American Idol champ's unbearable crossover (The badly-executed Choreography of From Justin to Kelly made the RAZZIES governor HeadRAZZBerry intervene with a special award!)
I. Unusual concepts, content-free nonsense (There's a difference between the Special Category and Worst Picture. Worst Picture just means the most infamously bad overall. Worst Excuse For an Actual Movie takes aim at films with unorthodox concepts, that when they actually made them into films, they just came out nonsensical and content-free)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WORST PICTURE

THE REAL CANCUN (New Line)

WORST EXCUSE for an ACTUAL MOVIE (All Concept/No Content!) (New Category)

THE REAL CANCUN

Skip to 06:28.

Any thoughts?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 2:00pm
On this episode, I compare Worst Supp. Actor winner SPY KIDS 3D to the other installments (Skip to 01:20):

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 1:06pm
On this episode, I compare Worst Actor nominee DAREDEVIL to ELEKTRA (skip to 01:56).

Any thoughts?
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 10:33am
I have a theory: The only reason Gigli was even made was to promote "Bennifer," since everyone in the tabloids talked about those two constantly back at that time. Just like The Hottie and the Nottie pretty much is a Paris Hilton "infomercial." Luckily for Ben Affleck, he has the Oscar for Argo to help him forget this dreadful film. Question is, well Jennifer Lopez ever find a way to forget about Gigli as well? I highly doubt it, especially with her 2013 co-starring role in Parker.

Side note: I hear they are doing an animated adaptation of "Cat in the Hat". Do you guys think it will be better or worse than the Mike Myers version?
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 10:51am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While it may still suck, there's almost no way an animated remake of CAT IN THE HAT could be worse than the live action Mike Meyers version, which I consider one of the worst book-to-film adaptations ever made...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I have a theory: The only reason Gigli was even made was to promote "Bennifer," since everyone in the tabloids talked about those two constantly back at that time.
You're sort of right. The movie was originally going to be a crime thriller, but when they hired Affleck & Lopez, the studio demanded that the script was re-written into a rom-com.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Question is, well Jennifer Lopez ever find a way to forget about Gigli as well? I highly doubt it, especially with her 2013 co-starring role in Parker.
Considering how many times she's been nominated since 2003 (including Worst Actress of the Decade) for different types of movies, I think it's fair to say that if she had any acting talents she would've displayed them by now.
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

<font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While it may still suck, there's almost no way an animated remake of CAT IN THE HAT could be worse than the live action Mike Meyers version, which I consider one of the worst book-to-film adaptations ever made...  

I actually had a question about the two adaptations for "Cat in the Hat" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". I have seen both films, I do agree with you that Cat in the Hat was an awful film. Even though I didn't love How the Grinch Stole Christmas, I thought it was "okay". I believe it did get some Razzie consideration back when it was realized. HeadRazz and anybody who wants to answer this, which do you think of the two films is the worst?
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>