Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 2004 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 2004 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: October 13 2010 at 3:50pm
No, no it doesn't. To me, being slightly entertaining doesn't earn a movie more than a single point, not 3 or 4...  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 4:07pm
I was always puzzled as to why pro critics and the RAZZIES hated White Chicks, but everyone else in America adored it. Can the negative professional and positive reader reviews be explained?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: First of all, where did you get the idea that "everyone else in America adored" WHITE CHICKS? Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK, showing that, while the film didn't bomb, its $70 million domestic gross hardly qualifies it as a runaway audience favorite. It should also be noted that audience ratings for the film (found at the bottom right of its MoJo page) show that over 40% of those voting gave it a D or an F. In fact, on the yearly chart for 2004 (LINK) CHICKS only ranks 41st, just above the all-but-forgotten HIDALGO and the aptly titled THE FORGOTTEN. As for reviews on the film, they were 85% negative (R.T. LINK) not quite as bad as the eventual Worst Picture "winner" CATWOMAN (R.T. LINK) but close. 

I think it's fair to say that a few movie-goers actually "adored" WHITE CHICKS, while an overwhelming majority of movie critics (and apparently RAZZIE® Voters) loathed it...  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 5:12pm
Sure, critics and the Razzies have standards...the rest of America doesn't!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 5:15pm
I'm talking, why White Chicks? Why not Alien Vs Predator or Envy or Around the World in 80 Days?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 6:20pm
Actually ENVY deserved "Worst Picture".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 7:00pm
"Envy" was pretty bad and unfunny, but "Catwoman" was just an unwatchable mess from start to finish.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 4:36am
Not only for a single point but some other aspect are also there.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 8:59am
Vits, What is Quinin Aibori Uallans?  

I googled it and it just directs me back here!!  

Originally posted by Vits

Quinin Aibori Uallans should've won,
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 1:34pm
Jaja! I hoped someone would understand. It's "Keenen Ivory Wayans" how it would be spelled in Spanish, in order to be pronounced the same way...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 4:51pm
Yeah, well...that "in joke" went right over everyone's head.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 10:27am
In order for you to get the joke I should've wrote Keenen Aybori Wayanz...or something.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 9:55am
Stilller was good in along came polly, and in anchorman he was just a cameo. But there are some others as well.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 10:01am
It was the worst excuse for a movie that year. If that is what a major movie studio thinks counts as a blockbuster adaptation (of a product that they own, no less!) then they have no right to make another.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Jennifar

Stilller was good in along came polly, and in anchorman he was just a cameo. But there are some others as well.
How come he was nominated for 2 good movies,a good movie in which he only had a cameo,and not for MEET THE FOCKERS?I loved that movie but no one else did so...
Originally posted by Jennifar

It was the worst excuse for a movie that year. If that is what a major movie studio thinks counts as a blockbuster adaptation (of a product that they own, no less!) then they have no right to make another.
Which movie are you talking about?
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 9:44am
Yes I am agree with you that One of three movies that wasn't bad enough to get nominated for the Worst of 2004, even if it did star Ben Stiller.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2011 at 6:51pm
I just saw THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA '04 and gave it 4/10.It deserved to be at least nominated for "Worst Director".I didn't see BATMAN & ROBIN but I don't think it's that bad because of it's visuals.They didn't match what BATMAN represents,true.But how many directors have their own style?I liked that Joel Schumacher at least tried to put it into the movie.But in this movie his style is so different from the play that it reduces impact.Also there were major pacing issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>