Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > DANCE FLICK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?
    Posted: May 21 2009 at 4:29am
Studios still have the balls to release ____ Movies? Wow.

It probably won't be as bad as a Seltzerberg flick, but it's just sad to see the Wayans dip this low since they made Scary Movie 1. 
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 9:12am

Have you actually seen the trailer? If anything, people have actually laughed during the trailer. It currently has a 50% in RT, so I guess it's not that bad...but that's just 8 reviews so I'll have to wait before I say anything. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yes, I have actually seen the trailer (and the endless repeats of the same 3 TV spots) multiple times. The baby-in-the-locker is the only substantial laugh any of the promos get.

And, by the way, with a dozen reviews counted, DANCE FLICK is trending downward over at R.T. and now stands at 44%...

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2009 at 1:05am
The first trailer I saw for it, I didn't think it looked that bad. The more of them I've seen, it just looked worse, and worse, and worse, and now we're at, "Seriously, they DID get Seltzerberg to work on this after all, didn't they?"
Again, MWG, you're on your own here, man.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2009 at 12:39pm
I don't know, the only thing I really giggle about during the trailer was the whole "There's no "I" in team" debate. That and Shawn Wayans coming to "pick up" his son. Other than that, it still looks like a Seltzerberg movie (lots of bad sex jokes, dumb physical comedy, and sexist and racist sterotypes galore).
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2009 at 1:45pm
Unlike some of the previous ______ Movies, the Wayans are actually kind of funny. I plan on seeing this movie, when it comes out on DVD.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2009 at 5:19pm

Sexist and racist stereotyping are practically the foundation of 95% of comedies that come out anymore... if you take away that, what else can the script-writers do?

And the "I in Team" bit was mildly amusing... If I get really bored tomorrow, I may torture myself, and watch the film, just to get all three wide releases in...

So far, Terminator is the best of the week, in my opinion.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 1:38am
For Museum, again, I quoth, "The four scariest words in the English language, 'A Shawn Levy Film.'" It doesn't look all THAT bad, but it may be Hank Azaria trying a little too hard that does it in.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 1:42am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Sexist and racist stereotyping are practically the foundation of 95% of comedies that come out anymore... if you take away that, what else can the script-writers do?

True, it's like forcing rappers to rap without using the N-word, or rapping about sex, or how much they hate the police ... then what are they left to rap about? Not much.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 6:27am

The rappers could then turn to rapping about how much they love their mothers, or world peace... or the Illuminati!

And Hank Azaria was the best damn part of Night at the Museum 2... Even if he does sound entirely too much like his character from "Mystery Men".

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 8:53am

And Hank Azaria was the best damn part of Night at the Museum 2... Even if he does sound entirely too much like his character from "Mystery Men".

Hank Azaria is usually the best damn part of any movie he is in.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:21am
So true. Hank Azaria is a great asset for movies... and considering Night at the Museum has Ben Stiller, the movie needed all the help it could get.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 11:35am

So true. Hank Azaria is a great asset for movies... and considering Night at the Museum has Ben Stiller, the movie needed all the help it could get.

Speaking of Stiller, he's getting an MTV Movie Lifetime Award. I guess the network is paying him back for all the stupid skits has has done for them during those award shows.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 2:42pm
Lifetime award for Ben ing Stiller? Seriously? Who gets one next? Nic Cage? For a lifetime of making crappy movies?
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 5:20pm
I have always enjoyed Hank Azaria voicing numerous character on The Simpsons, such as Clancy Wiggum, Moe Szyslack, Drederick Tatum, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Kirk Van Houten, Bumblebee Man, Comic Book Guy, Carl Carlson, Disco Stu, Duffman, Professor Frink, Luigi, Captain Horatio McCallister, Dr. Nick Rivera, Snake, Cletus Spuckler, etc.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 7:00pm
Hank Azaria is like 95% of the Simpson's cast...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:20pm
Ben Stiller is a great actor... when he's a "quirky" character. When he's more normal, he's pretty dull.

But then, if you guys are going to complain about him getting a lifetime MTV award... Of course he is. And Nic Cage probably will, too. And Costner. And Joe Piscipo, too.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>