Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > DANCE FLICK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?
    Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:36pm
I'm trying to think of one role that Ben Stiller has done that hasn't resulted in me hating him a little more... Perhaps his role in the Mystery Men, or his role in The Royal Tenenbaums... but beyond that, the man just makes me hate him more with each role he takes on...
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 12:25am
Some roles I've enjoyed of his:
Tugg Speedman: Tropic Thunder
Tony Wonder: Arrested Development
Arturo Mendes: Anchorman
White Goodman: Dodgeball
Derek Zoolander: Zoolander
The Orderly: Happy Gilmore

Again, where he's goofier, he's better. He's not that great as a lead, but he's good at supporting roles.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 6:19am

Happy Gilmore is probably the only Adam Sandler movie that I ever even remotely enjoyed... I suppose I could forgive Stiller that one, since he isn't the lead, and isn't on screen for 95% of the movie.

Anchorman, and all things Anchorman related just annoy the hell out of me. Same goes for Dodgeball...

Zoolander would have worked much better if it had been much shorter... It struck me almost like a Saturday Night Live movie...The Joke got old and annoying really fast.

As far as Tropic Thunder goes, he was pretty annoying there, too. Almost as annoying as Jack Black. Truthfully, the only character that I really enjoyed in that movie, was Robert Downey Jr....

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 9:48am
Oh sigh... Well, he's still generally a big draw. I don't know if he deserves it, but he is.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 11:56am
"The Wedding Singer" is the only Sandler movie I can withstand. It's the only one that he doesn't spend the entire movie acting like a complete moron and the story is not driven by dumb or gross out humor.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 7:22pm
The gross-out I can live without, but I liked him better when he made it more of a point to be stupid.
"STOP LOOKING AT ME, SWAN!" is a piece of movie history.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:31am
Happy Gilmore will always be the one I think of when I think of Fun Adam Sandler... But mostly because of the line "You're gonna die, clown"... for so long that was the startup sound on every computer I owned....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 1:06am
And that's a good thing. I would have also accepted, "The price is wrong, b."
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 1:08am
That was the powering down sound on my old Windows 98 machine....
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 6:40pm

In the back half of May, I was mystified that this got its own forum, but Terminator: Salvation didn't. How the tables have turned! Now the nomination ballots suggest Salvation!

I was hoping Shawn & Marlon Wayans would get nominated for Worst Director.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 6:49pm
Oh no, there no way you can tell that the one millionth "Movie Movie" in the past decade is less worthy of being razzed then "T4". I know "T4" was a let down, but it was a masterpiece compared to "Dance Flick".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234