#2 ALL OVER AGAIN...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #2 ALL OVER AGAIN...
    Posted: November 01 2011 at 3:31pm
When I said "watching this...," I meant the first time I watched this last year. I created the Rotten Asshole grade then. So far, only 24 movies have gotten Rotten Assholes. The ones I've reviewed so far are Exorcist II, this, Jaws 4, Psycho 98', House Of The Dead, Superbabies, S. Darko, NeverEnding Story III, and Freddy Got Fingered.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 10:59am
So you're saying that from now on an "F"="Rotten Asshole"?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 6:41am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

But before I totally trash this, I'd like to give props to Danielle Harris and Brad Dourif who somehow manage to rise above this slop.

I agree with you on Dourif. He is the only good thing about this entire film and is the only likeable character IMO.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 7:45pm
Man I really hated this one! In all honesty, I rank this in the same league as Batman & Robin, Van Helsing, Exorcist II, and Battlefield Earth. It's not as bad as those, but still, when you're compared to those films, you know that you've failed as a filmmaker. Since it's so bad, it's a 9 worst things review is in store here. But before I totally trash this, I'd like to give props to Danielle Harris and Brad Dourif who somehow manage to rise above this slop.

9.) Sheri Moon Zombie: Mrs. Rob Zombie wasn't too bad in the first one, but she's really bad here. The only reason she seems to be in this is because Rob needs to point out how hot is wife is. We get that he's the ugliest director to have a hot wife since Tim Burton lived in Lisa Marie's cleavage, but at least he wrote actual roles for her.

8.) The gore: The amount of gore is up from the last one, which is kind of impressive when you consider that there's less kill scenes in this. If only he put more effort into the story. Another thing that could use improvement is...

7.) The kill methods: Most of the kill scenes just involve Michael stabbing someone a billion times or shoving them into a wall a dozen times and then some blood squirts out. After a while, it gets VERY boring.

6.) Michael eats a dog: After watching both of Rob Zombie's Hallowen abortions, it's clear that Zombiedoesn't understand what made the first one so good. The biggest example of him not getting it is easily this scene. All he seemed to notice about the original was that Michael ate a dog offscreen. He probably thought that John Carpenter was being a pussy. So, we get a scene where Michael cuts a dog open and proceeds to eat it. The scene is juxtapositioned with Brad Dourif's character saying that humans were meant to eat meat and considering that Zombie's a vegetarian probably means that this is some ham-fisted sort of social commentary.

5.) Malcom McDowell: McDowell is just awful here. It seems like he was turned into an expy of Zombie himself, peddling violent sh*t to the idiotic masses. Until the end of the movie, he doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the movie.

4.) The opening dream sequence fake-out: You DON'T make the entire first part of the movie a dream. Any sane director would change this, but it's been established that Zombie is either insane, a moron, or both.

3.) The "symbolism": There's a lot of fake symbolism here. For example, Michael has regular visions of his mom on a white horse. In another, there's several aristocrats that have pumpkins for heads. No, it doesn't make any God-damn sense and it doesn't have anything to do with anything else in the movie. Just Rob Zombie doing more drugs than a human should. Then again, he is... more human than human. (Puts on sunglasses CSI: Miami style. Yeah!)

2.) Scout Taylor-Compton: There is absolutely nothing redeeming about her in any way here. She may be cute to look at, but her voice is so annoying and her personality so revolting that it negates. She definitely WILL make your head explode Scanners style!

1.) Rob Zombie's directing, writing, and hatred of normal people: It's been established that he can't direct or write to save his life from reading the above points, but his hatred of normal people takes itself to new stomach-churning, revolting, repulsive, disgusting, tasteless levels! The first new characters we see are two ambulence drivers who contemplate necrophilia. At most, there's four decent people in the movie: the daughter of a redneck who beats up Michael for squating in his barn, a security guard in the dream part, and Dourif and Harris' characters. Both of the women and the security guard are horribly murdered and Dourif is left emotionally shattered.

There's one intersting note before I finish off the review. Watching this caused me to formulate my Rotten Asshole grade. Films that were given F's that I deemed bad enough were given retroactive Rotten Asshole's. Grade: Rotten Asshole

Next-up: Trespass!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2011 at 9:16am
I hated this more than Transformers 2. At least that didn't show Shia LaBeouf eating his dogs in that one.*

*I know that Myers ate a dog in the first one, but it wasn't shown because it wasn't needed.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Kurt Angle, circa 2000?

Good eye, mon frere.
-Iron helps us play-
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Originally posted by moviewizguy

You are soooooo funny.

It's true. It's true.
Kurt Angle, circa 2000?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 12:46pm

You are soooooo funny.

It's true. It's true.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 12:04pm

I think some of MWG's 9's and 10's were out of 5.

You are soooooo funny.
Oh come on, man, that was funny. He's just pointing out that you do give overly generous reviews; you can't deny that.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 11:37am

You are soooooo funny.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 9:19am

LOL As I said, overly generous much?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 8:33am
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 7:53am

That's the first time I've seen MWG dip below a 6, which I thought was the lowest rating he'd ever give. Most are 9's and 10's.
Out of ten reviews? That's kinda high for movie review standards. Wouldn't out of 5 reviews or a school grade system be more reasonable? And they range anywhere between 6 and 10? I understand he like movies, but as we try to be critics, we should nit-pick over whatever flaws movies should have. 9's and 10's (or 4's and 5's or A's) should be extremely rare, like in cases for "Hurt Locker". And considering these are the Razzie forum, the worst of the worst movies of each year, 3 out of 10 should be common ... and in some cases even 3's are being generous.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 7:17am
That's the first time I've seen MWG dip below a 6, which I thought was the lowest rating he'd ever give. Most are 9's and 10's.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 6:39am

Ew. This was a bad movie. I think this movie gives a new meaning to the phrase "back-stabbing." You think you've seen distasteful violence in the first film? You have seen nothing yet. I think this is the product of what you get when David Lynch decides to make a slasher film. It's so very weird and out there, probably one thing that I appreciate in this film, yet Zombie has a problem to put the elements all together. At one point, it's your usual slasher film. The next, it's surreal but they just don't add up. 3/10
That is a pretty low review score. But if the movie really sucked THAT badly, shouldn't a one or a zero be a more fitting score?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2010 at 3:15pm
Ew. This was a bad movie. I think this movie gives a new meaning to the phrase "back-stabbing." You think you've seen distasteful violence in the first film? You have seen nothing yet. I think this is the product of what you get when David Lynch decides to make a slasher film. It's so very weird and out there, probably one thing that I appreciate in this film, yet Zombie has a problem to put the elements all together. At one point, it's your usual slasher film. The next, it's surreal but they just don't add up. 3/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>