BITE ME!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BITE ME!!
    Posted: June 26 2012 at 12:12pm
Apparantly, the directors of this bilked two financial institutions out of $22 mil. LINK: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/transylmania-lawsuit-341694?_r=true
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2009 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by coolinout1

This movie looked horrible, and I'm shocked that it received a theatrically release.

I haven't seen it, but I did like the poster w/the half-naked guy on it, haha...

Yeah, I'd be just as taken aback if this was made for even straight to DVD. It looks like something that was slapped together by college kids for YouTube!
coolinout1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolinout1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2009 at 9:56am

This movie looked horrible, and I'm shocked that it received a theatrically release.

I haven't seen it, but I did like the poster w/the half-naked guy on it, haha...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

WORST PICTURE
The Resident
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2009 at 10:44am
There's every reason to think that this was a "Movie Movie", but it doesn't look like they make nearly as many pop cultural jokes. I mean, some, yes, but this one just looks devoid of jokes altogether. I don't think it's fair to compare to Freddy Got Fingered, because FGF at least had some moments so bizarre that they were actually quite memorable. "Daddy would you like some sausage?" and "The Backwards Man" come to mind. There's at least something to be said for thinking of rigging a pulley system around the house that operates sausages to be moved about like marionettes, while wearing a headband with bacon stapled to the side. You might not think it's funny, you might just think it's weird, but once you've seen it, you remember it.
The best joke from this movie so far sounds like, "Shoot him, he's the vampire!","No, shoot him","Which one is the real vampire?!","Really...?"
Really...? indeed.
-Iron helps us play-
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2009 at 2:23pm
Thanks to this review, Miss March is no longer the only film getting unfavorable comparisons to Freddy Got Fingered.  Not only that, but it also got unfavorable comparisons to EuroTrip and ________ Movie.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2009 at 1:14am

Here's something from the Wikipedia entry:

"Transylmania is a 2009 mystery/farce sequel to the 2006 comedy National Lampoon's Dorm Daze 2"

And there are other sources out there confirming this (try Googling it up).

This is Dorm Daze 3! The first Dorm Daze was a limited release, and the second went direct-to-DVD.  So how did Daze 3...erm, Transylmania, make it to the big screen, and in wide release?

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 10:37am

When did it become acceptable to make spoof movies so TERRIBLE? I mean, yes, I know we know when -- but when is the public finally going to say: "Oh... oh yeah, it's not funny, it's just that they made someone look like (name a character from recent successful movie)" ?!?!?

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 12:45pm

For a second there, I though this was a Seltzerberg movie, like "Zombie/Vampire Movie" or something. Seltzerberg or not, it sure looks like it sucks!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 9:09am
Yeeaaaahhhhh--noooooooo.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 7:09am

DIRECTED by a PAIR of BROTHERS WHOSE RESUME' 'HIGHLIGHTS' INCLUDE MULTIPLE DIRECT-to-VIDEO NATIONAL LAMPOON TITLES, 'STARRING' a CAST of TOTAL NOBODIES and MADE ON a BUDGET SO LOW THEY COULDN'T EVEN AFFORD VERN TROYER for a CAMEO, TRANSYLMANIA CAN'T POSSIBLY BE AS LAME AS ITS PROMOs LOOK...OR CAN IT?!?!?

IF IT WEREN'T for MISS MARCH and I LOVE YOU, BETH COOPER, THIS MIGHT HAVE a SHOT at BEING REMEMBERED as '2009's WORST TEEN COMEDY.'  AS IT IS, EVEN with ONLY 4 WEEKS LEFT in the YEAR, WE EXPECT THIS GENERIC COLLEGE-KIDS-vs-VAMPIRES "PARODY" to BE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN COME JANUARY 1.

STILL, THIS IS ONE of YOUR LAST CHANCES to RAG ON a 2009 RELEASE DURING CALENDAR YEAR 2009, SO...HAVE AT IT!

AUDIENCES MAY FIND THEY HAVE an AXE to GRIND CONCERNING the UNDER-SIZED "LAUGH QUOTIENT" in TRANSYLMANIA...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply