Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Essential RAZZIE® Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nominations??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nominations??
    Posted: January 18 2010 at 7:42am
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus has worst special effects I have ever seen -- you could make better effects on your home computer. The plot was horrible too! Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus must be considered for the Razzie Awards! Dead 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although it was one of the funniest examples ever of ulta-lame special effects, MEGA SHARK vs GIANT OCTOPUS (IMDb LINK) was not released theatrically. Unfortunately, that means it doesn't qualify for our awards. As consolation, here's a LINK to view the trailer on You Tube...ENJOY!  

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 9:32am
But it's also one of the most viewed trailers of last year! 

Originally posted by sam

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus has worst special effects I have ever seen -- you could make better effects on your home computer. The plot was horrible too! Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus must be considered for the Razzie Awards! 

sam View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 12:53pm
so? It's still bad. watch it for yourself on Netflix watch instantly. You will hate the special effects, I can promise you that.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 12:59pm

Sam, the voting ballots were already sent out, we can't add any more choices.

augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 5:36pm
No, I would have to say that the worst visual effects would have to be After Last Season. Yes, I ended up seeing a few clips of this film, and that seems to be one of the oddest attempts at filmmaking. Oh, and the cardboard MRI scanner? Hilarious!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 5:51pm
I obtained a copy of After Last Season and it was nearly unwatchable...I did give it a write in vote but I don't think it will make much of an impact.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
sam View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 4:39pm
I'll see after last season. I told you mega shark would be bad.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by sam

I'll see after last season. I told you mega shark would be bad.
Granted, it's a 5 year old movie by now, but the SFX for "A Sound of Thunder" were so bad, they made the SFX for "GI Joe" look like something out of "Avatar"!
sam View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 7:59pm
I'll see that too. My 8- year old brother thinks G.I. Joe is awesome for some reason.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 4:54am
I guess he just thinks "oh, pretty colors!" 

Originally posted by sam

I'll see that too. My 8- year old brother thinks G.I. Joe is awesome for some reason.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
sam View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 7:29am
yeah most likely.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 9:56pm
Too bad Chris Klein can't get so much as an honorable mention as Worst Supporting Actor. But at least maybe Robert Patterson might get it!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2011 at 8:35pm
I did give it a write in vote but I don't think it will make much of an impact.
mikewell View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 7:50pm
Actually I hope Robert Pattinson gets it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 7:43pm
I was probably the leading champion for A Sound of Thunder on this board. It never had a chance, not because it wasn't wildly deserving, but simply because out of 600-700 Razzie voters, there probably weren't more than 10 of us who saw it.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 7:27pm
I'm just hoping the latest Twilght sequel will get its due this year, it has somehow weasled out of much deserved Razzie Gold these last couple of years.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>