Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2009 / 30th NOMINEES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 / 30th NOMINEES
    Posted: March 11 2010 at 3:30pm
Here's a LINK to check out our complete list of Nominations for The Gala 30th Annual RAZZIES®, including 3 Special Worst of the Decade awards... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 11:13am
I just saw NINE(the musical).I gave it 1/10.It deserved nominations for Worst Picture,Director and Screenplay.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 5:40pm
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with "Nine" either. Not the best choice for Daniel Day Lewis to follow up his epic performance in "There Will Be Blood." 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 6:15pm
The problem with RAZZing Rob Marshall's Nine was the limited release factor. It also opened against Did You Hear About the Morgans?, which combined witness relocation, laugh-free romantic comedy attempt, and worst of all, Sarah Jessica Parker.

And My problems with the 2009 RAZZIES?

*I'm still not satisfied with the answers I've been given as to why such a narrow selection as 15 movies got at least 1 nomination, rather than the usual 20-27.
*I felt cheated because these movies didn't get any nominations: Friday the 13th [remake], Spread, SAW VI, Fast & Furious, 2012, Know1ng, The Final Destination.
*I was disappointed that none of these got nominated for Worst Picture: Hannah Montana: The Movie jointly with The Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert experience, The Pink Panther 2.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 6:47am
I SHOWED THIS MOVIE MY MIDDLE FINGER "NINE" TIMES(*/*****): 

Since this is a remake of "8 1/2",I thought I had to see that before this. But then I read that it had a bizarre plot open to interpretation,and this movie was one interpretation, so I decided to watch it because I felt this could stand on it's own. Well,people...I don't care how "8 1/2" was, because this was bad enough it can't improve that movie.

So what is the problem with this movie? I know my reviews have gotten longer with time because I analyze deeper and deeper,but I have to minimize my words to say nothing interesting happens.In an odd turn of "Life imitates art",the makers may have an actual script on their hands but the plot has no story and it just wonders around with no purpose like GUIDO.The "the meaning is what you think" aspects,regardless if they were original or adapted,are obvious.

I was expecting a lot from a movie about a man suffering because of the women of his life. That concept would require good old fashioned psychology: He's most likely attracted to all of them but in different ways (yes,even his mom). But all we see about the women is what GUIDO sees, and since patients can't analyze themselves, we're left with nothing.

I also expected a lot from the people involved. Adapting a play to the big screen doesn't mean you recreate it as it was -- you have to use the film's infinite space, specially with musical numbers. But Rob Marshall shows us people singing and dancing like in a play. I know they're on a movie set, but it doesn't have to be one-dimensional...And shifting to that set (it most likely takes place in GUIDO's head) and back to reality during a number isn't appealing if they do it every time, because it feels like it's the same number over and over with minor changes. And it doesn't help that the songs aren't good. Also,the whole point of a musical number is to show what the characters think...not to the audience,but to each other instead. At least Daniel Day-Lewis was good, Penelope Cruz was OK, and Marion Cotillard was decent.

Grades: F in the U.S. and 1,0 in Chile.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

The problem with RAZZing Rob Marshall's Nine was the limited release factor. It also opened against Did You Hear About the Morgans?, which combined witness relocation, laugh-free romantic comedy attempt, and worst of all, Sarah Jessica Parker.
And because it was the most obvious Oscar nominee-to-be of the year.

*I felt cheated because these movies didn't get any nominations: SAW VI, 2012, The Final Destination.
1 & 2 were good,3 wasn't.

*I was disappointed that none of these got nominated for Worst Picture: Hannah Montana: The Moviejointly with The Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert experience, The Pink Panther 2.
Movies are nominated jointly only when the makers are the same.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 10:20am
What about Memoirs of a Geisha?

2012 and SAW VI as good movies? Like I believe that!

I thought Disney made both Montana and 3D Concert Experience.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 10:50am
I gave GEISHA 5/10.  

What about Memoirs of a Geisha?

Not excellent -- Just good. 

2012 and SAW VI as good movies? Like I believe that!

I meant the producers, writers and directors, not the studio. Also, don't the movies have to be berry similar??

I thought Disney made both Montana and 3D Concert Experience.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 11:08am
Memoirs of a Geisha was nominated for several Best of 2005 awards, but it got a forum here. So why didn't Rob Marshall's Nine get one for the same reasons as Geisha?

What makes 2012 and SAW VI good movies?

Montana and 3D Concert were both Disney teenyboppers that showcased teen faux-stars whom male children across America loved to hate just as badly. Is that not similar enough to get joint nominations? If not, which one would've more likely been nominated for Worst Picture?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 12:11pm
I saw "Memoirs of a Geisha", too. While it wasn't Razzie quality bad, it was by no means a Best Picture contender either. Yes, it was a beautiful movie to look at, and the performances were okay, but as the opening line of voice-over said "mine is a story that should never be told". The movie becomes quite forgettable after one viewing.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 4:25pm
I think GEISHA got early bad word of mouth.  

Memoirs of a Geisha was nominated for several Best of 2005 awards, but it got a forum here. So why didn't Rob Marshall's Nine get one for the same reasons as Geisha?
I don't want to take too much space, so go those movies' forums -- My posts are the last ones. 

What makes 2012 and SAW VI good movies?

You know what I mean. They weren't similar like Seltzerberg's 2008 duo. As for which would've been nominated...the latter got worse reviews, but the former was a fictional movie. So, the former then... 

Montana and 3D Concert were both Disney teenyboppers that showcased teen faux-stars whom male children across America loved to hate just as badly. Is that not similar enough to get joint nominations? If not, which one would've more likely been nominated for Worst Picture?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 2:17pm
G.I. JOE deserved it's nominations for Worst Picture,Screenplay and Remake Or Sequel,but not Supp. Actor.Director?That's a tough one.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Vits

G.I. JOE deserved it's nominations for Worst Picture,Screenplay and Remake Or Sequel,but not Supp. Actor.Director?That's a tough one.
Too bad there wasn't a Worst Visual Effects catagory, because that movie would have easily won that award!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2012 at 2:34am
2009. Agent 009 was disguised as a clown and sent to deliver a Faberge Egg with audio technology built in. Tragically, two twin circus performers named Mischka and Grischka stabbed him to death just before he could succeed. The last year of the Decade of the 00-Agents, here's my take on the Year of the Desecrated Comedy...

Films that should've been RAZZed, but didn't: 5
Dragonball: Evolution
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
Transylmania
The Ugly Truth
Year One

Films that got RAZZed, but shouldn't have: 0

Films that got RAZZed to the wrong degree: 1
The Pink Panther 2 (Not RAZZed enough. Should've been a Worst Picture finalist.)

Worst Trends/Events of 2009:
V. Japanese animation goes live action, and we asked for it... to be RAZZED... in vain (Legend of Chun-Li, Dragonball: Evolution)
IV. Vampire films rising from the dead (Ex. Transylmania, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Jennifer's Body)
III. Teenybopper idol fads! (The Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience, Hannah Montana: The Movie, The Twilight Saga: New Moon)
II. All the films that made the most money deserved it the least (Not just Revenge of the Fallen, but also New Moon, 2012, and others)
I. 198X cartoons blown to smithereens for a quick buck (Revenge of the Fallen, GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra)
 Post Reply Post Reply