Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE BOUNTY HUNTER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Gerard Butler, Rom/Com Killer...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gerard Butler, Rom/Com Killer...
    Posted: February 12 2011 at 1:54pm
I just saw this.I barely laughed.

At first I thought it could be a well done movie based on all the subplots:MILO must hunt NICOLE,NICOLE must solve the mystery,both are after a bad guy,the bookies are other bad guys after them,etc.So what is the problem with this movie?All the plot holes made me realize how amateur the writer are director are for not handling the subplots.

Is not that Gernnifer deliver bad performances as much as they play the same characters as always,making them bad actors.There aren't real reasons for those two to get back together.So the movie deserves it's nominations.

I give this 3/10.

You won't believe the day I had!After I saw this Razzie nominee on TV I went to the movies and saw Oscar nominee TRUE GRIT and gave it 9/10.
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Why did they put that flashback at the beginning of the movie?
I know.The situation happens again about 30 minutes later.It would make more sense if the scene showned had been from 30 minutes before the movie was over.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 12:25am
Got my Razzie ballot, and this movie is all over it.  Watched it on Netflix, and I have to admit, it was very painful to watch Jennifer Anniston and Gerard Butler waddle through this muck of a script.  However, a laughless rom/com bomb doesn't compare to the travesty that is The Wolfman or the unintentional comedy that is Skyline.

SPOILER ALERT

And I don't mind spoiling the spoiled. . . .

But let's go over this.  What is good about it?  Well, Adam Rose was good in it as Jimmy, the snooping bartender who was kidnapped early on in the movie.  He was about the only actor who was able to take the dreck of a screenplay and make his part work.  And hearing a Frank Sinatra song over a dull, boring part always helps take away part of the pain, although I have to wince having Sinatra's music in any way associated with this.

And that's about it for the good stuff.

As for the bad stuff, my problem is where to start.  I should probably restate the fact that I failed to laugh once in this so-called com, and I should also emphasize that my heartstrings failed to be strummed in this rom. 

And you know what's worse?  It starts off with the dreaded flashback.  Why did they put that flashback at the beginning of the movie?  Why did they even think watching Gerard Butler drive a car full of roadside flare smoke down a highway, open the trunk, get punched in the balls by Jennifer Anniston, and then watch them run down the highway until Butler tackles Anniston. . . why is any of that funny?

Stewart.  Jason Sudeikis' Stewart.  Fake mustache.  Fake personality.  Fake acting.  Talk about suspending the disbelief of an audience, my disbelief hits an air pocket every time Stewart appears.  Is Sudeikis on the ballot?  No, and when compared to Anthony Hopkins sleepwalking through The Wolfman. . . well Hopkins is still better, but it was so beneath him.  This is apparently all we got from Sudeikis in this movie, and the director Andy Tennant was fine with that.  Shows how much Tennant thought of this movie.

Kitty.  The mother-in-law who has the hots for her son-in-law, with that scary looking billboard that should warn everyone to stay away from her show.  Christine Baranski can do better than this.  Okay, she did do Legal Eagles and Addams Family Values, but she does have the talent to do better.  Not this.

Theresa.  Another horrible character, this one played by Siobhan Fallon, who also unfortunately has a role in Fred: The Movie (no! no! no! no! no! no! no! . . .). 

Cupid's Cabin.  The wife and husband owners.  That was so awful they weren't funny at all.

And all the unfunny bits.  A ten second head start?  Running around in high heels?  Sneaking around in high heels on a concrete floor?  Throwing your ex-wife con in the car trunk?  Having a lucky letter (how about "F"?)?  Tempting him with his gambling addiction?  Blowing on his dice to give him luck (sounds better than it looks. . .)?  Winding up on top of him while trying to get his gun?  Using a touring bike as a getaway vehicle?  Oh, how about a driving range where the golfers swing one after another in perfect time just as the stupid bounty hunter runs by?  And how about boxes of evidence marked "Gotti"? 

The funniest thing in the movie?  There's two. 

First, watching Gerard Butler and Jennifer Anniston philosophize about life and death during dinner at Cupid's Cabin.  What do they call all those facial expressions and gestures that have nothing to do with what they're talking about?  It was neither comic or romantic. 

Second was the only false line Adam Rose gave in the whole movie.  "Is that against the law?"  The joke wasn't funny.  The fact that the screenwriter thought the joke was funny was funny.

I still didn't laugh.  Not even at how bad this film was.

I was disappointed.  Here is yet another premise where the screenwriter and director failed to deliver on its potential. 

I gave it a generous three stars out of ten.  Not the worst, but that's not saying much.

Razzie noms:  Gerard Butler and Jennifer Anniston for worst screen couple (no chemistry at all), Adam Tennant for worst director, worst screenplay, Christine Baranski for worst supporting actress, and I wish Jason Sudeikis was on the ballot for worst supporting actor (but I'd still vote for Anthony Hopkins).

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2010 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Razziedent Evil

If the Razzies don't "show love" for this (and Aniston especially) it'll be like the Oscars snubbing Social Network!

What makes you think they won't nominate THE SOCIAL NETWORK?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Razziedent Evil

Jennifer Aniston is W-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-Y overdue for a Worst Actress nod. That's first. 

I think Katherine Heigl is Jennifer Aniston's understudy. She gets all the worse rom-coms that Aniston has the common sense to turn down.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Razziedent Evil View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razziedent Evil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 3:39pm
Jennifer Aniston is W-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-Y overdue for a Worst Actress nod. That's first. 

Second - 8% on RT, 22/100 on MetaCritic? If the Razzies don't "show love" for this (and Aniston especially) it'll be like the Oscars snubbing Social Network!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 9:22pm
Um, um ... both?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:42pm
-10% credit? Does that mean that if they say or do something, do their competitors get the credit? Or does everyone who says or does the opposite gain 10% more credibility?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:14pm
If it does, then the People's Choice Awards are even LESS credit than the MTV Movie Awards, which is -10% credit!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 4:09pm
I said fudge 'em! The only "choice" awards that matter are the Critic's Choice Awards, also known as the Broadcast Film Critics' awards.

But it does beg the question: Haven't audiences had enough of Aniston as well? Love Happens was worse than The Informant, and the few bombs she's starred in don't make for anything memorable.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not sure if you were joking or not, but the Peoples' Choice Awards are not the same thing as the Broadcast Film Critics' Awards. The PCs were started over 30 years ago by Proctor & Gamble as a way to promote their products by having the general public vote on entertainment (LINK). The Broadcast Film Critics, on the other hand, actually are voted by credentialed critics, and have been giving out awards annually since the mid-1990s (LINK)... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:10pm
I was sure this would be nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Comedy Movie" but it only got "Favorite Movie Actress." 

kakucis View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote kakucis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 7:24am
This isn't the best Romantic comedy for all time but is sure watchable.

I will always remember one quote from this movie"

“Remember when we used to be in love? That means I know when you’re crying for real or when you’re faking it!”

This was the best moment on all time! Perfect timing, perfect place to say that
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2010 at 11:04am
Maybe we should call them "Gennifer"?
sharong View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sharong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2010 at 2:00am
This could be the worst screen couple since Affleck and Lopez..

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 8:53pm

If I heard correctly, The Bounty Hunter will have stiff competition when 2010 is through with.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 4:54pm
Let's not jump ahead of ourselves just yet. There's still a big fat Razzies target that has yet to be released starring Stallone and Company!
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 3:10pm
A 92% rotten (that is, 8% fresh!) score. Ye gods, that's the lowest score I've ever seen.
I think we haff a winnar! DeadClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>