Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 / 26th RAZZIES® POLLS > POLL: WORST ACTOR Choices for 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorst ACTOR in a Leading Role, 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which of These 15 Would YOU Pick as The BERRY Worst??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[2.31%]
[1.93%]
[10.93%]
[2.44%]
[2.24%]
[10.51%]
[2.34%]
[14.16%]
[3.73%]
[1.70%]
[8.10%]
[10.31%]
[2.19%]
[16.71%]
[10.41%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst ACTOR in a Leading Role, 2005
    Posted: December 28 2005 at 6:46am
To Robertin: Unlike Johnny Knoxville, you have nothing to apologize for. Just wanted to point out that at least ONE "oversight" we're being ragged about WASN'T an oversight after all!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tom View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 11:22am
the worst is Will Ferrell, his atuaction in "Bewitched" was badlyyyyyyyyyyyy, where´s Ashton Kutcher ( Guess Who and A Lot Like  Love)...?
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 5:02am
I gotta admit, I saw the Ringer and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't really care for Johnny Knoxville ( He was better in this than Hazzard, though), but Brian Cox was awesome. The movie was good when he was on-screen, otherwise it dragged.
Pjam Fan View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 2:59am

Please, admin of this forum! Could you please explain how come someone could add more than 200 votes to Keanu Reeves in less than 24 hours? Probably it was some Keanu hater with so much time in hands to that but, is that accepted? because, if so, this Poll is totally a wasted time for people who really comes here, add a vote and try to discuss it.

DEAR Pjam Fan (from HeadRAZZberry): We are currently attempting to figure out HOW our Polls are (apparently) being hacked, and what (if anything) we can do to prevent it. We share your concerns on this matter...

Willy Girl View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 3:01am

Michael Jackson? Please. I never saw Michael Jackson in that performance. I think you fellas have Michael Jackson on the brain to even go there.

As for Keanu Reeves, he simply doesn't belong, and from previous nominations, I'd say you pretty much hate him and it's a personal thing. Why?

HoHoHo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 3:23am
This Poll is spoiled. Where is Ashton Kutcher for A Lot Like Love??? And Paul Walker?
Uwe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 6:26am
It´s really strange with Keanu Reeves. He was really good in Constantine movie. And Tom Cruise was Good too. War of The Worlds was good. Kennedy, Slater, Ferrell and Schneider are in right places.
Denise View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 7:09am

Orlando should soooo be up there.. let me count the ways: 

Reviews from Kingdom of Heaven:

The hairless whelp barely registers on-screen. Even perched atop Golgotha in a moment of what we're told is religious contemplation, Bloom looks like a kid staring out the window during study hall.
Balian asks: "What does God want from me?" I don't presume to speak for the Almighty, but I know the rest of us would be thrilled if you took some acting lessons.
- The Philadelphia Weekly

The dispiriting result of Bloom's blandness is that in a movie touted as the first big-ticket picture of the summer, even Edward Norton's leper king proves more interesting than Bloom's French blacksmith. And Norton spends the entire movie behind a mask.
- USA Today

New Yorker -  Rouses the tremulous defenders of Jerusalem with all the assurance of a head prefect addressing a school assembly.

And let's not forget Elizabethtown...

New York Times - Mr. Bloom, in contrast, cute as he is, is all blank stares and shy smiles. Perhaps Drew is meant to be dazed by shock and grief; perhaps he is supposed to be dumbstruck by his noisy Kentucky relations and Claire, his chatterbox love interest with whom he can't seem to get off the cellphone. It's hard to tell, and harder to care, as Mr. Bloom distinguishes himself, in this performance as in most of his others, by his steadfast reluctance to explore his range as an actor.

The bad reviews just go on... and on... and on... Please, somebody finally give this guy attention for the right reasons - totally inappropriate and irritating screen presence if one was ever handed to an audience on a platter.

But anyway, it's just a poll. *deep breath... heh heh* 

Razzcop View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 8:23am
Houston, we have a hacker. I saw the votes for
Jamie Kennedy go up over 200 in a matter OF
minutes while there were virtually no votes for
anyone else and no votes in the other polls.    

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THESE POLLS IF
HACKERS VOTE MORE THAN ONCE?   

ONE VOTE PER PERSON PLEASE   
ke@nu_f@n View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 10:03am
Keanu has the BEST ACTOR in the whole world!i don't know how said the contrary...but i can say that's not so...
love all girls in club Keanu lounge!
Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 5:26pm

Okay.  Apparently the board is under seige by a lot of Keannu fans.

All you have to know about Constantine the movie is this.

The character of John Constantine in the comics, was created by a British bloke named Alan Moore.  Alan is famous for being of the opinion that it is impossible to do justice to a story written for a book in a film adaptation. 

I cannot find the interview where he said this, but his feeling is that the media are two different things and that the best you can hope for is something like Blade Runner... which has sod all to do with the story that inspired it, but which emphasizes the same themes and ideas the author intended.

He has refused any money he was owed for the adaptations of his works for these reasons.  But he has also allowed them to put his name in the credits of these various films, though he himself refuses to see the movies.

And the movies that were based off of his books?  Some old Razzie nominees and contenders.  From Hell.  The League of Extraordinary Gentlmen.  And the upcoming V for Vendetta.  Great books.  Not so good movies.

Anyway, Constantine was different.  Constantine is the only movie Alan Moore threatened to sue to have his name removed from.  THAT is how horrible the movie is in comparison to the comics.

And let me tell you... even ignoring the lack of a British accent, the  lack of wit and the fact that he runs around with a magical shotgun and everything else that flies in the face of the very British, very sarcastic and very not-a-fighter John Constantine of the comics... Keannu made a total bollocks of the movie.

Uriel View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 1:10am
Starman, I am not a fan of Keanu and esp. not of Constantine - far from it - but I remember the story about Alan Moore different.
Alan Moore was pissed about LoEG and wanted to erase his name and doesn't want any money from now on! He mentioned that this was NOT against Constantine. The lawsuit was settled at the time of Constantine's release.

Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 1:50am

Alan Moore wasn't happy with LoEG, this is true.  But he didn't actually threaten suit over that one.  I think he requested his name be taken off the DVD, but it's been a while since I read his thoughts on this. He did, however, I distinctly remember, threaten a suit with Constantine.

As it stands, Constantine is the only one he asked to have his name removed from BEFORE the release of the film after reading the script.  Last I heard, I believe he has allowed his credit to stand in V for Vendetta, despite being rather annoyed at how Joel Silver has been promoting the film.

PJamfan View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:15am

Alan Moore is always pissed about adaptations of his movies, that's not news. IMO he should not sell the rights for them if he will be badmouthing every project that's made. And don't come here saying that he doesn't get money for them, because he gets.  And he wont have his name attached to V for Vendetta neither, despite that early reviews are raving about the movie and how much it's faithful to the comic.  And Constantine, despite the changes, was a hell of a good movie. Keanu can't be blamed because of the changes, it's utterly ridiculous! it's like to blame Depp because his Willy Wonka was like night and day if compated with the original character!

And someone really believes that Reeves, Depp and Cruise were worse in his movies than Paul Walker, Orlando Bloom, Ashton Kutcher, who are not even in that list, or Will Ferrel (in a bad, bad year), or Johnny Knoxville? Those 3 are only in that list because they are huge stars and some people can't live with that fact and try to attack them because of other motives and not because of their acting or projects. And because nominating huge stars The Razzies get so much more media than some C-list actor.  It's politics folks. Only that.  

Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:46am
Originally posted by PJamfan

Alan Moore is always pissed about adaptations of his movies, that's not news. IMO he should not sell the rights for them if he will be badmouthing every project that's made.

Uh... Alan Moore doesn't have any say on the sale of rights.  All of the movie rights for these various books he wrote are held by the publishing houses that published the books.  You honestly think he'd let them make movies only to complain about them if he had the power to stop them? 

And don't come here saying that he doesn't get money for them, because he gets.  And he wont have his name attached to V for Vendetta neither, despite that early reviews are raving about the movie and how much it's faithful to the comic.  

There were also raving reviews about how faithful Hitchhikers Guide was to the book... mostly written by people who hadn't read the book.  Early reviews don't mean Jack.  The most well reviewed test-audience wise movie of 1989 was UHF and it did horribly at the box office compared to its projections.

And Constantine, despite the changes, was a hell of a good movie. Keanu can't be blamed because of the changes, it's utterly ridiculous! it's like to blame Depp because his Willy Wonka was like night and day if compated with the original character!

It was HELL, I'll grant you that.  A good movie, hardly.

Keannu can't be blamed for the writing or the direction but he gave a flat, unemotional performance even if you take the movie as a seperate entity from the books.

And I do not believe I said one word about Willy Wonka.

And someone really believes that Reeves, Depp and Cruise were worse in his movies than Paul Walker, Orlando Bloom, Ashton Kutcher, who are not even in that list, or Will Ferrel (in a bad, bad year), or Johnny Knoxville? Those 3 are only in that list because they are huge stars and some people can't live with that fact and try to attack them because of other motives and not because of their acting or projects. And because nominating huge stars The Razzies get so much more media than some C-list actor.  It's politics folks. Only that. 

There's also the simple fact that MORE PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THOSE MOVIES, so more people are likely to vote for them.

I don't even know who Paul Walker is... so yeah, I'm gonna vote for Keannu and Cruise because I saw Constantine (for free, thankfully) and got dragged to War of the Worlds.  And they stunk.  That's my opinion.  I'm stating it.  If you think they are good actors, fine.  But don't go harassing me or anyone else because we disagree with you.  If you have a problem with me stating my opinion, then I'm not gonna bother responding to anything you have to say because then it's going to be teaching pigs to ride bicycles time.

Starman
PJam fan View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 10:58am

Well, I wasn't attacking your post personally, I was talking in a general way, so sorry if it sounded personal.

Uh... Alan Moore doesn't have any say on the sale of rights.  All of the movie rights for these various books he wrote are held by the publishing houses that published the books. 

I'm sorry, but they are only being sold because the author agreed with that at first place and, in accordance with the basic legislation, received for those rights.So, if they are being adapted into movies, Moore knew at first that it could be made and agreed with that. If he is so against any change that everybody in the world knows Hollywood loves to do with any material, he should not agree in sell the rights or do what Frank Miller, for example, is doing, following the process of adaptation since start to finish and only allowing the project to be made with his approval. To bad mouth every project, refusing any participation (and he was approached by Vendetta producers, for example), sounds pretty incoherent to me. And I'm a fan of Moore's work, yes, but that attitude sounds anti-professional and this is my opinion.

You honestly think he'd let them make movies only to complain about them if he had the power to stop them? 

Well, he sold the rights of them! The man isn't an idiot by any means so he knows a producer can make anything of his writting if he refuses to even talk about a project. It's very ingenuous to think that Moore is a Hollywood victim...far from that.

There were also raving reviews about how faithful Hitchhikers Guide was to the book... mostly written by people who hadn't read the book.  Early reviews don't mean Jack. 

Maybe they don't mean jack at the end but early reviews for Vendetta are from fans of the original comic book and it's known that The Warchowski approached Moore about the project. They show respect for the material and Moore could at least wait to see the movie (a thing I don't even believe he does) to bad mouth the project.

It was HELL, I'll grant you that.  A good movie, hardly. Keannu can't be blamed for the writing or the direction but he gave a flat, unemotional performance even if you take the movie as a seperate entity from the books.

I'm not a fan of the comic. Tried to follow some material on the web and wasn't interested at all. But liked the movie. I consider the best of the year? No. But bad? Not even near. And Keanu gave a good performance for my taste. I was connected with the character and I thought his characteristics were quite fitting with the character I saw on the big screen. No big deal about him and in my book the man doesn't deserve to be in that list this year.

And I do not believe I said one word about Willy Wonka.

Like I said before, I was ranting in general, not directly to your post. But I read complaints against Depp's Wonka based on the original character. That's all.

There's also the simple fact that MORE PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THOSE MOVIES, so more people are likely to vote for them.

Well, I don't get it. How many people actually saw The Mask 2? Why is the guy so front loaded? How many saw Stealth? Much more saw Into the Blue and Paul Walker isn't in that list! Much more saw Cruzade and Elizabethtown and Bloom got some of the worst reviews of the year and his name isn't there! So Cruise, Reeves and Depp are there only because it's more fun to put A-List names and not because they are worse than the others.

I don't even know who Paul Walker is... so yeah, I'm gonna vote for Keannu and Cruise because I saw Constantine (for free, thankfully) and got dragged to War of the Worlds.  And they stunk.  That's my opinion.  I'm stating it. 

That's OK and I respect your opinion, but we have to agree that there are much more actors in movies much worse, with much worse works last year who deserved to be there and they aren't. And the excuse that those movies were seen by more people isn't fair, as we knows it's a poll for worst leading actor and not worst leading actor in the most seen movies of the year...

If you think they are good actors, fine.  But don't go harassing me or anyone else because we disagree with you. 

Well, I guess you already understood my point and know I wasn't "harassing" your opinion. As you have the right (and everyone here) to post your's, I have mine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>