Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > POLL: SPECIAL CATEGORIES for 2010 / 31st RAZZIES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Special Category for 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Which Should We Include on The 31st RAZZIES Ballot?
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[35.85%]
[2.12%]
[49.06%]
[10.85%]
[2.12%]

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special Category for 2010
    Posted: March 24 2010 at 8:08am
It may seem a bit early to be prepping for our 31st Annual Awards, in Spring 2011, but we thought it'd be interesting to seek your feedback regarding Special Categories for our 2010 Nominating Ballot. 

Please look over the FIVE choices above, then vote for the ONE you'd most like to see listed... 

ENJOY!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 10:02am
Nice to see this ... but I'd still like a Worst Ensemble Cast category, for a certain Stallone and Company movie coming out this year...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 11:48am

HeadRAZZBerry, might I suggest that you didn't have a choice for "Other - please specify" because any other categories would be too difficult to justify against these other three trends?

In this Quarter 1 of the year, it's too early to judge, but for now, I'll have to say Separate Worst PSRR (Prequel, Sequel, Remake, and Ripoff) into Remake/Ripoff and Prequel/Sequel. That's how it should've been for the Worst of 2008 and 2009, if only to reflect how many such "non first installments stunk in those years. This is subject to change, however, in later quarters when I determine which of those three trends is the worst news.

Also, I looked at the "Just do the normal categories for once", and instantly knew that already happened in 2000 and 2001. A bad move, if you ask me, because it didn't reflect the worst particular trends of the year.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 2:34pm

I'm gonna take Worst Excuse for a Romantic Comedy.  We've already had quite a few bad ones this year and the next one doesn't look any better.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:11pm
Here's my take: How about, instead of having special categories for genres,you simply separate "Worst Picture" into "Worst Picture-Drama" and "Worst Picture-Comedy Or Musical"?

You could also delete "Worst Remake Or Rip-Off,"keep "Worst Sequel Or Prequel"and separate "Worst Screenplay" into "Original" and "Adapted."  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 6:05pm
So you want it more like the "Best of the Year" awards and less focused on secondary installments. I don't expect that to happen.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 6:18pm
Well, the Razzies should "honor" the worst of the worst, and right now, the worst are remakes/sequels and pointless use of 3-D. Hell, they are even planning re-releases of older movies in 3-D. Now that's what I call milking it for all it's worth!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 5:54am
Hollywood is obviously grasping at straws in their attempts to get fannies into the seats, when the answer is painfully obvious: Instead of remakes, sequels, rehashes and dredged up "new" versions of tired, decades-old TV shows...why not show us something new??  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 8:21am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

So you want it more like the "Best of the Year" awards and less focused on secondary installments. I don't expect that to happen.
Well,it's true that I got those terms from the Oscars and Golden Globes,but that way is better.More movies have the chance to be nominated.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 10:37am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Hollywood is obviously grasping at straws in their attempts to get fannies into the seats, when the answer is painfully obvious: Instead of remakes, sequels, rehashes and dredged up "new" versions of tired, decades-old TV shows...why not show us something new??  
But saturnwatcher, that would take effort, and they would need people who are creative, and they would have to rely on normal priced tickets instead of jacked up ones! You can't make half a billion dollars with that sort of thinking!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 3:38pm
And what's wrong with making half a Gigadollar off of original material? If Hollywood ever found out, they wouldn't take notice, but the people, tired of rehashes, just thought they'd ask. Too bad they have no sense of accomplishment.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

And what's wrong with making half a Gigadollar off of original material? If Hollywood ever found out, they wouldn't take notice, but the people, tired of rehashes, just thought they'd ask. Too bad they have no sense of accomplishment.

There's nothing wrong about it, it's just that Hollywood lacks the balls to do it.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 7:22am
I'd actually like all of the first four. All fine ideas.
But if there's one thing I've just recently noticed, it's that Rom-Coms are getting lower, and lower, and lower ratings. The Bounty Hunter at 9%? It just seems like each one is worse than the last. You might actually say that Rom-Coms are getting as bad as horror movies, in terms of a consistent low scores, with a few outliers every now and then.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 3:10pm
Wow, Worst Rom-Com is blowing everything else away!
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 5:36pm
Posters in the Repo Man thread are supporting a Reverse Lifetime Achievement award, also known as the Worst Post Oscar Winning Career Award, or the Ben Kingsley award.

Hopefully, Cuba Gooding Jr. can "win" something from the Razzies after just being only nominated for it.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 6:48pm
Since we've touched on this topic a bit here, I want to toss out an observation about Hollywood's trend toward sequels and remakes, something I think we all despise. But I think there is something deeper here that has to be at least considered, which is that Hollywood is also kind of thumbing it's nose at its own history and heritage.

This all occurs to me as AMC is doing a series of Harry Harryhausen movies tonight, including the original Clash of the Titans. The "new" version is out this week, and a whole generation of movie goers who have never seen the original will probably marvel at the CGI effects. I'm not going to try to tell anyone that Harryhausen's work was in any way superior, BUT, it was a unique artform in its own right and probably deserves to be protected and appreciated by future generations as part of the evolution of film history. Instead, the original version of this film, which wasn't a classic by any means, will probably be lost in the glitz of the newer version. I think that is very unfortunate.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>