Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > POLL: SPECIAL CATEGORIES for 2010 / 31st RAZZIES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Special Category for 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Which Should We Include on The 31st RAZZIES Ballot?
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[35.85%]
[2.12%]
[49.06%]
[10.85%]
[2.12%]

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special Category for 2010
    Posted: December 18 2010 at 8:00am
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Or The Bourne Ultimatum, or Toy Story 3, or Freddy vs. Jason. . . . Big smile

Well, okay, not that last one. . . . Clown
Yeah, that last one shouldn't even count as a horror movie, just a comedy that featured horror movie icons for some reason. Talk about phoning it in!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2010 at 4:20am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Vheid

Not judging the Razzies, I love these awards (that's the reason i signed in). I mean, why reward a sequel when you can reward a film that is craptastic at it's first try.
Because we bash sequels for #1. Being nothing more than a cash grab, which is all sequels really are. The first movie was successful, so let's milk it for all it's worth. #2. Being inferior to the original movie. A rule with sequels, they should at least try to top the original, ie. "Godfather Part 2", "Aliens", "X-Men 2", "Dark Knight", etc.

Or The Bourne Ultimatum, or Toy Story 3, or Freddy vs. Jason. . . . Big smile

Well, okay, not that last one. . . . Clown

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2010 at 3:44am
Right but they are rarely memorably bad, often just mediocre. There just one of many that gets lost in the crowd, and will be forgotten by the end of the year. These films are released but not remembered by the general public (if you were to ask them about this movie 5 years from now). Most of them have no stayingpower. Why'll films with an awfull reputation like Bolero, Showgirls, Leonard part 6, Howard The Duck and Battlefield Earth wil be remembered as examples of the worst films ever made. I believe a Razzie-winner shouldn't be a film that is forgotten because it lives in the shadow of it's much better predecessor.

I hope that my message came across well. I know that the above text is kind of messy. English isn't my native language (as you may have guessed).

Because we bash sequels for #1. Being nothing more than a cash grab, which is all sequels really are. The first movie was successful, so let's milk it for all it's worth. #2. Being inferior to the original movie. A rule with sequels, they should at least try to top the original, ie. "Godfather Part 2", "Aliens", "X-Men 2", "Dark Knight", etc.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Vheid

Not judging the Razzies, I love these awards (that's the reason i signed in). I mean, why reward a sequel when you can reward a film that is craptastic at it's first try.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 11:34am
Vits, I think that there is a big chance that both honours will go to "Airbender" this year.
I will probably be voting for Vampires Suck because i consider it the worst picture made this year. That and The Last Airbender has become some sort of guilty pleasure-movie of mine (don't judge me)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 11:20am
You know what?Your're right.They shouldn't be separated,because then voters will say "I'm voting for that original movie for "Worst Picture" because even though I hated that remake/sequel the most it will be awarded anyway
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 10:34am

I highly doubt it. The Razzies have been around for 3 decades now, but based on the amount of sequels and remakes this year, Hollywood hasn't learned a damn thing from our awards. They would rather just stick their heads in the sand and pretend we're not here. 

Probably because the main prize (Worst Picture) rarely goes to a remake or sequels.

In it's entire 30-year run it just went to 4 sequels (Rambo 2, Star Trek 5, Basic Instinct 2, Transformers 2), 1 remake (Wild Wild West) and 1 spin-off (Catwoman). Correct me if i am wrong but it seems that original screenplays and book adaptations have a better track record there.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 8:05am
I highly doubt it. The Razzies have been around for 3 decades now, but based on the amount of sequels and remakes this year, Hollywood hasn't learned a damn thing from our awards. They would rather just stick their heads in the sand and pretend we're not here.  

Originally posted by Vits

So? That would mean more sequels,remakes and rip-offs will get nominated. Maybe that will teach Hollywood.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 7:47am
So? That would mean more sequels, remakes and rip-offs would get nominated. Maybe that will teach Hollywood.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:35pm
Really no point, there have been so many this year, all three categories would be bloated. Shrinking the category down to five choices as it is is a hard enough task. 

Is there still a chance of separating "Remake","Sequel" and "Rip-Off" into 3?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 8:52am
Oh! Didn't notice...  

Is there still a chance of separating "Remake","Sequel" and "Rip-Off" into 3?Because I can tell "Horror Movie" won't happen with so many good horror movies this year.
Wink
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 5:47am
Thank you for the hospitality, Vits.   

Welcome,Vheid.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:23pm
While 2010 was full of bad rom-coms, it was also THE year that Hollywood was banking almost entirely on making money through gimmicks like adding 3-D surcharges or having a cast of 10 to 20 known celebrities. And the Razzies love sticking it to Hollywood for their cheap attempts to make money while trying to fix an open wound with a tiny band-aid.  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:29pm
Welcome,Vheid.

I'm confused.Most votes have gone to "Worst Romantic Comedy".Yet,in most of the other poll forums it has been sort of established that "Worst 3D Movie" and "Worst Ensemble" are a sure thing.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Scroll up and check the current results -- Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D has now pulled ahead of the Worst Excuse for a Rom/Com -- and Worst Screen Ensemble was never on any of our Forum polls, though it may end up being combined with Screen Couple into a single more-than-one-obnoxious-performer category...  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 10:36am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You have become a Voting Member in plenty of time to receive a Nominating Ballot for this year's 31st Annual RAZZIES® -- They don't go in the mail until Dec. 29.  

FYI: Here's a LINK to see the entire 2011 sked for both Our Awards and Those Other Ones (aka The Giving Out of the Little Gold Naked Men®)...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2010 at 8:44am
Too bad. I was kind of fond of that idea.  

Just signed in for full membership, PayPal said that the transaction will be completed within 4-6 workdays.  

So if I become a member next week, am I in time to recieve this years nomination ballot? Or are those already sent out?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>