Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > DEATH AT a FUNERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews on DEATH @ a FUNERAL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews on DEATH @ a FUNERAL
    Posted: November 15 2010 at 7:56am
Originally posted by ziesha

well every one has a choice and so do i .... I liked the movie , it was not sugarcoating of that 
It's a near copy and paste of everything that happened in a movie that came out 3 years eariler.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 4:14am
well every one has a choice and so do i .... I liked the movie , it was not sugarcoating of that 
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 1:37pm
Then why did it get more positive than negative reviews from pro critics?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Why so many positive reviews at Metacritic?

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 38%, which isn't really dismal, but merely marginal.

I don't know, 38% seems pretty dismal to me. 40% or lower is just pitiful!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 12:01pm

Why so many positive reviews at Metacritic?

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 38%, which isn't really dismal, but merely marginal.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 9:32am
Originally posted by ziesha

Death Proof is superbly made. There's a terrible tension watching these beautiful and spirited young women getting too close to the flame, followed by enormous relief when the mood changes in the second story.
And here I thought MWG mastered the art of sugarcoating reviews for movies that don't deserve to be sugarcoated.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 11:23pm
Death Proof is superbly made. There's a terrible tension watching these beautiful and spirited young women getting too close to the flame, followed by enormous relief when the mood changes in the second story.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 10:54am
If you haven't seen the 2007 ORIGINAL VERSION of this material, you might think this one is fine. But we're betting most film crix will remember seeing the British original (all of 3 years ago!) and will likely find the 2010 remake of DEATH AT A FUNERAL "pales" in comparison. Here's a Meta-Critic LINK, and an R.T. LINK, to see if we're right...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply