Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > SEX & THE CITY, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Perhaps THIS Will Bling a Bell?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perhaps THIS Will Bling a Bell?!?!?!?
    Posted: November 09 2010 at 4:51pm
I hope they have a LOT of money then! Otherwise I can't understand how they could stand for a movie about old women obsessed with fancy shoes in this second Great Depression...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I hope they have a LOT of money then! Otherwise I can't understand how they could stand for a movie about old women obsessed with fancy shoes in this second Great Depression...
Actually, reports came in a month ago that this so-called "Great Depression" ended back in July of 2009. I mean, if Apple can sell something like 4 million iPads in 7 months, I think people have money to spare these days. But we just don't need entire movies based on that money spending.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 12:03pm
I'd like for Kim Cattrall to win "Worst Supporting Actress" for this and THE GHOST WRITER.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Vits

I'd like for Kim Cattrall to win "Worst Supporting Actress" for this
Do not worry, I shall vote for her in that catagory, seeing as how her character was the most annoying of that movie ... after Sarah Jessica Parker, of course.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2010 at 5:33pm
The only thing i can say about this movie:

Who is that transvestite donkey witch and why is it wearing a dress! LOL

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2010 at 6:29pm
Yep, that's Sarah Jessica Parker alright!
curl View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote curl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2011 at 10:32pm
She is always good with her role in my opinion. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 2:15pm
I just saw this.  

People often equate being materialistic with being shallow. These 4 women are materialistic, but we put up with them for 6 years because they were "deep" and spoke about the complexity of relationships. 

In the first movie, they were all in commited relationships, so they had to focus on the melodrama. It felt like watching a marathon of HBO episodes, especially because they changed the plot;s focus so often. And I felt like the cast and crew were beating a dead horse out of obligation. Guess what? They didn't need to make that movie. 

In this second one, it's easier to watch because it stays on one direction, feeling more like a single, really long episode. But of course, that doesn't mean it's better...or any good at all. I did laugh at times, but none of the puns were funny, and this time the friends said as many of them as CARRIE! And,back to the first point, the characters become shallow as hell*. Sarah Jessica's performance is weak at times, while Kristin's is weak the whole time(just like Chris Noth's). But I didn't find anything wrong with Cynthia, and Kim was over the top, but in the good way. And at least it didn't try and fail at another "happily ever" after ending --it was more of a "we may be back" ending.

I give these movies 6/10 and 5/10 respectively.

*Am I the only one who felt that when CHARLOTTE's daughter messed her skirt she cared more about the brand

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 7:51am
I forgot to mention...while I'm usually against nominating cameos (because I almost never see bad cameo performance)here, I have to agree with our nominating Liza. When she sang, it seemed she was having one of LUCILLE 2's panic attacks. And yeah, her musical number was laughable. 

SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 8:29pm
The scene where they sing "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar" is worse than nails on chalkboard. I guess that scene alone is why all four actresses won Worst Actress.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
pasim View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote pasim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 6:39am
I still can't believe I actually saw this film -- I guess it was more because I didn't have anything else to watch, not so much any desire to see it. But I have to say, throughout all the Sex and the City episodes and the first film, I thought Kim was the only thing keeping the show from being overly annoying, and Cynthia was the one who kept it away from being too shallow. Sadly, in this second part, they were both transformed to be more like Carrie, and I couldn't stand them at all.

Total waste of time and money, period!  
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 11:24am
I still remember how this got so many nominations in the Worst of '010 RAZZIES, and it raised more questions than answers.

*Why wasn't Worst Ensemble Cast enough? Why did Kristin Davis have to win Worst Actress on top of Worst Ensemble Cast?

*Why couldn't Killers or Jonah Hex get nominated for Worst Picture instead of this?

*If I had a voting membership, I wouldn't have voted for Michael Patrick King for Worst Director. I would've voted for Grown-Ups for Dennis Dugan instead. Seriously! Who the (censored) is Michael Patrick King? Was he known for anything before this film?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 1:35pm
1) Why are you mentioning just her?
2) Yes: SEX & THE CITY the show.
LOL

Seriously, though, I checked his filmography. The only projects of his I've seen are 2 BROKE GIRLS, which I loathe, and WILL & GRACE (he only worked in its 1st season, which was nothing special).

Why did Kristin Davis have to win Worst Actress on top of Worst Ensemble Cast?

Who the (censored) is Michael Patrick King? Was he known for anything before this film?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Vits

1) Why are you mentioning just her?
2) Yes: SEX & THE CITY the show.
LOL

Seriously, though, I checked his filmography. The only projects of his I've seen are 2 BROKE GIRLS, which I loathe, and WILL & GRACE (he only worked in its 1st season, which was nothing special).

Why did Kristin Davis have to win Worst Actress on top of Worst Ensemble Cast?

Who the (censored) is Michael Patrick King? Was he known for anything before this film?

Because Kristin Davis seems like the most generic of the four gal pals. But maybe I should reword it, then I can finally get an answer: Why wasn't Worst Ensemble Cast enough for Sex and the City 2? Why did Sarah Jessica Parker, Cinthya Nixon, Kim Cattrall, and Kristin Davis have to collectively win Worst Actress on top of that? Why 2 RAZZIES for one set of performances?

Hmph. I guess that most of the RAZZIE voters have a vast knowledge of TV, and will often vote based on TV credits instead of just big screen films. And perhaps because he'd made the original show, and then made this... thing, that must be how they knew his name.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 2:45pm
Even though the 4 actresses had a lot more dialogue and screen time than the supporting actors, they still didn't count as the whole cast. I'm sure some members didn't like the acting of Chris Noth, John Corbett, etc. But you're right about giving one acting award to several actors. I don't like it either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234