Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > GROWN UPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Round Up the Usual Suspects...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round Up the Usual Suspects...
    Posted: June 23 2010 at 9:35am
WE'VE ALWAZE FOUND ADAM SANDLER PLENTY INSUFFERABLE WHEN HE's PLAYING IMMATURE CHARACTERS. WHEN HE (RARELY) PLAYS an ACTUAL GROWN-UP, HE's EVEN HARDER to STOMACH. AT LEAST the TITLE of HIS LATEST MOVIE WARNED EVERYONE WHAT to EXPECT THIS TIME: GROWN UPS.

ITS TRAILER FEATURED SOME of the MOST OBVIOUS POO-POO, PEE-PEE and SEX/JOCK JOKES WE'VE SEEN in YEARS. ITS CAST and CREW ARE a VERITABLE WHOOZ-HOO of RECENT RAZZIE® NOMINEES and "WINNERS." AND REVIEWS LABELED IT EVERY BIT as BONE-HEADED, BUTT STUPID and UNBEARABLE as ITS PROMOs. 

IN the SPIRIT of the MOVIE's MOST OVER-PROMOTED SCENE, WE NOW ENCOURAGE YOU to JOIN US...and PISS ALL OVER GROWN UPS...

SANDLER: "Between us, the principal cast and crew 
of this movie have a staggering career total of 19 
RAZZIE® nominations..."

DUGAN: "But only 2 of those are mine...and, unlike you, 
I've never 'won' a RAZZIE® -- yet..."  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 11:00am
Wow, 19 nominations/wins between the entire cast and crew! If that's not a sign of a serious Razzie contender, I don't know what is!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 3:58pm
I sent out the warning cry on this one several months ago and I'm glad to see it is getting a forum. This one just has to be some really painful garbage.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 4:07pm
So far, this doesn't seem to be a serious contender.  At least not as much as Jonah Hex (the Megan Fox/Josh Brolin disaster) and the Expendables (which had more nods/wins than that just out of Sly and Ahnuld).  Still, I see nomination potential...no wins, though, due to expendability.

And what's this? Rob Schneider is back? Oh god....BTW, I'm still waiting for him to be a stapler.

Also, prepare for that "berry rough ride" for the next six months.  I don't think this will be the worst or worst reviewed "comedy" of 2010.  The worst will come on August 18 with Vampires Suck, the newest parody movie from Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.  Do you think we should include that in the Upcoming Films section?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 5:33pm
This may not be a contender for Worst Picture, but it will no doubt be up for plenty of worst acting nods, and the much needed Worst Ensemble Cast nod.  

Originally posted by Berrynoia

So far, this doesn't seem to be a serious contender.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 9:05pm
I am very much surprised that this is only now getting a forum, I mean come on, it has Rob "I go down to Home Depot and pay migrant workers to come to my house and choke me in the shower" Schneider and David "My career died with Chris Farly" Spade, never even mind Sandler.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 10:10pm
Yeah, but why do either Schneider or Spade still have a career? Answer: because they are all buddy-buddy with Sandler. They are just as bad at acting as he is. I guess untalented, former SNL performers need to stick together.  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 1:18pm

I've heard rumors that,unlike their previous movies,the 5 guys will admit their ages,instead of continue playing 30-year-olds.Is it true?

What I know is truth is that once again they're suffering the "Woody Allen" complex by having the hottest women in the world throwing themselves at their characters,even though they're not exactly underwear models.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 4:58pm

1. Does it really matter if they confess what their real ages are? They are still going to act like college frat boys.  

2. Considering this movie features the like of Salma Hayek, Maria Bello, and Jaime Chung as the wives of the 5 guys, yeah -- it's safe to say that they are going for the "Woody Allen complex". 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 6:23pm
The movie now has a critics's concensus:
"The cast of comedy vets is amiable, but they're let down by flat direction and the scattershot, lowbrow humor of a stunted script".
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

1. Does it really matter if they confess what their real ages are? They are still going to act like college frat boys.

2. Considering this movie features the like of Salma Hayek, Maria Bello, and Jaime Chung as the wives of the 5 guys, yeah, it's safe to say that they are going for the "Woody Allen complex".

The thing is if they try so hard to hide their age is for a reason.Also,that tends to be attached to the "Woody Allen Complex".

Larry David suffers from it.In CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM,he always get not just beautiful women,but women half his age.That hapenned to him in WHATEVER WORKS,directed by Allen himself.

I'm not saying this guys are ugly.From a straight man's point of view,Sandler has a well shaped torso(muscles-wise).And Rock and Spade has nice smiles,which tends to represent charisma.The weird part is that James and Schneider's repertoire is all about making fun of their looks.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 6:58pm
Right now, it's at a whopping 8% on Rotten Tomatoes! Oh, I think I smell a major RAZZIE contender here!  Big smile  
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 1:52am
With movies like this and Jonah Hex, I must ask the question: Why the hell is The Expendables still predicted as the worst movie of the summer?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I just added a Forum for EXPENDABLES yesterday -- Here's a LINK to its discussion page. If you can't discern from what's posted there why EXPENDABLES looks like this summer's most dependable RAZZIE® contender, then you must be pre-disposed (for God knows what reason) to defend it...
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 6:26am
This has dropped to 7% with 59 reviews in. The critics rave: "painful!" "An excruciating mess of gross-out humor," "flat, lazy, and uninspired!" "Arguably the laziest and lamest comedy to come down the pike in some time!" and " might just be the summer’s worst movie!!"   

In other words....I think we have a contendah!!!!  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 11:08am
So, will each of the male leads get their own nod, or will all five be up for Worst Actor like the entire female cast of "The Women" or all five Spice Girls before them?
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 11:43am
Or -- just like I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, also directed by Dennis Dugan: a Worst Actor nomination for Sandler and Worst Supporting Actor nominations for the rest of the cast. Several reviews single out Sandler as the lead.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 3:34pm
I also don't understand why everyone is thinking The Expendables is going to be the worst movie of the summer. So what if the movie stars have a total of 43 Razzies noms? At least if it does suck, there might (just might) be unintentional humor we can look forward to in The Expendables with Stallone and gang.  

For horrendous unfunny comedies such as this one (dammit, Dennis Dugan must go away and Sandler needs to pick better roles!) and the (*gasp*!) new Seltzerberg "comedy," there's absolutely nothing we can get out of them. Nothing at all!

Well, at least Grown Ups is going to get crushed by Toy Story 3 and hopefully audiences will be smart enough to connect the dots between Vampire Sucks and those other Seltzerberg works.

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>