Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EXPENDABLES TRIVIA QUESTION ANSWER...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EXPENDABLES TRIVIA QUESTION ANSWER...
    Posted: August 01 2010 at 2:50pm
Well, GREED 2 is a sequel to a movie from 20 years ago that no on asked for, and is only being made to capitalize on the current news stories about Wall Street being run by greedy motherf***ers who get huge bonuses regardless if they cause their companies to go out of business...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not to defend Oliver Stone (who's one of my least favorite current film-makers) but I think recent events make a better case for doing a sequel to WALL STREET than does anything currently in the news justify doing CATS & DOGS 2, WOLFMAN or most of the other creatively bankrupt sequels and remakes we've seen in 2010...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 3:39pm
Maybe Stone should expend his energy on a worthwhile story...like George and Dick Take America On A REALLY Bogus Journey Wink
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 3:48pm
...and just because I can never resist the temptation to pile on somebody who really deserves it, like Stallone, let's proceed. Quite apart from the fact that Stallone was quick to take the real life role of Don Knott's Mr. Chicken on a couple of occasions when he was asked to do USO tours in Iraq and that whole steroid thing in Australia, here is another reason that the man deserves contempt:

These days, we can all go to movie theaters, sporting events, restaurants, plane rides and even work without having to deal with someone else's cigarette smoke. It wasn't always that way. Scientists working for the major tobacco companies discovered that second hand smoke was a serious health hazzard way back in the 60's, but mainstream science didn't really catch on for about another decade. As soon as the issue became public and the battle was on, the big tobacco companies led preemptive strikes against possible future bans. One of their weapons? By golly, his name was Sylvester Stallone! Brown and Williamson ponied up $500,000 to Stallone so that he would use their products onscreen in 5 of his films. Evidently, they figured that the site of Stallone lighting up would give their product an aura of power and strength, particularly in the eyes of impressionable young males. (Glantz et al, The Cigarette Papers 366)
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 5:36pm
That means Sly is driving up health care expenses. This should be exposed to everyone.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Maybe Stone should expend his energy on a worthwhile story...like George and Dick Take America On A REALLY Bogus Journey Wink
Yeah, but that would be stealing Michael Moore's thunder (or gimmick, whatever).
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

That means Sly is driving up health care expenses. This should be exposed to everyone.
Undoubtedly, Sly's supporters/apologists would come up with some craven bootlicking excuse, like, "The cigarette use was just to add authenticity to his character." Oops...that is way too many syllables, but it would be something like that....but in 5 movies? He did everything but invite Joe Camel for a cameo.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 7:33pm
Sly Stallone should star in a biopic about Michael Moore. . . . LOL
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 8:31pm

Sly should have won at least 10 Oscars...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 8:40pm
Meyer Wieners?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Sly should have won at least 10 Oscars...
Ah ... okay, I know you're his biggest fan and all, but can you keep you rfandom within the realm of reality, please?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 2:48pm
Actually, newscctv, I was talkign about the other 2 or 3 STallone fans who declare ANYTHING he has a hand in is automatically an Oscar worthy classic. But hey, at least you're one of the few who doesn't proclaim "Expendables" to be on par with "Toy Story 3" and "Inception" ... because, well, it isn't.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 3:16pm
I think Sylvester Stallone is below average, but his films are much better than those of Nicolas Cage, M. Night Shyamalan, Uwe Boll, and Seltzerberg... until the tobacco product placement is factored in. That's what sealed the deal on me hating Sly.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I think Sylvester Stallone is below average, but his films are much better than those of Nicolas Cage, M. Night Shyamalan, Uwe Boll, and Seltzerberg... until the tobacco product placement is factored in. That's what sealed the deal on me hating Sly.
As I said before, having to choose between those options is like having to choose which nut you'd rather be kicked in.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 11:10am
I heard over on another thread that he is one of the top ten actors of all time.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 6:13am
My guess was too high: 56 nominations and 15 wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345