Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > MY SOUL TO TAKE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Even MovieWiz Guy Won't Defend This One!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Even MovieWiz Guy Won't Defend This One!!
    Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:09pm
Well, it's too late to see Splice in theaters, so your only choice is a rental.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
mikeslough View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikeslough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 4:57am
I really want to see Splice. I like to see these kind of movies in theaters, I think it's very interesting when people see a horror movie in a theater, and react as a group.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 7:08pm
Probably why he's going back to the well with "Scream 4". If all else fails, rehash something that was popular 10+ year ago, that's the true motto of Hollywood!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2010 at 10:49am
It's official: This is the worst movie directed by Wes Craven

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2010 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Before he went totally off the mark with his overly-expensive, underly-whelming 1982 remake of THE THING, Carpenter was actually one of my favorite low-budget movie-makers. My personal favorite among his early films is the goose-bump enducingly atmospheric original version of THE FOG, which I originally saw (in a bit of movie serendipity) at a drive-in...  
HeadRazz LIKES a John Carpenter movie!? I would have never guessed!
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 5:38am
Speaking of horror directors trying to revive their careers, another familiar face emerges, with a new movie, into our presence.

And that face belongs to none other than 'Halloween' director John Carpenter attempting to break his 9 year directing hiatus with his upcoming Horror/Thriller 'The Ward' (which is currently at 20% on Rotten Tomatoes).  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Before he went totally off the mark with his overly-expensive, underly-whelming 1982 remake of THE THING, Carpenter was actually one of my favorite low-budget movie-makers. My personal favorite among his early films is the goose-bump enducingly atmospheric original version of THE FOG, which I originally saw (in a bit of movie serendipity) at a drive-in...  

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 10:37pm
Actually, I think "someone having some very compromising pictures of whoever was ultimately responsible for greenlighting the project" or "pitching to a room full of VERY drunk people" is how 80% (or even 90%) of Hollywood movies get greenlit these days!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 4:11pm
Any mention of the movie From Justin to Kelly always makes me smile. I'd have loved to have been in the meeting room when that one was getting pitched. Either someone had some very compromising pictures of whoever was ultimately responsible for greenlighting the project, or that was a room full of VERY drunk people.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

The Room probably had a very, very, very, VERY limited release? 

Plus, 2003, the year of "Gigli" and "From Justin To Kelly", hard to compete against that.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 1:13pm
The Room probably had a very, very, very, VERY limited release? 

Plus, 2003, the year of "Gigli" and "From Justin To Kelly", hard to compete against that.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 12:52pm
Then why wasn't The Room nominated for any 2003 RAZZIES? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As stated atop our annual List of Eligible Releases (LINK to 2010 List) in order to qualify for RAZZIE® consideration, a film has to have played at least a one-week, regular admission theatrical engagement in either New York or Los Angeles during the calendar year for which it is "eligible" -- Needless to say, as a total fiasco upon its initial release (which apparently was so minimal the film was never even reviewed on R.T.) THE ROOM did not meet this standard. 

Having recently seen it on DVD, though, I must say THE ROOM certainly "ranks" way up there on the incompetence scale...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 12:16pm
I thought the movie "The Room" already took that honor?  

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

Has Showgirls, met its horror movie match? Maybe!  
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 7:54am
Some reviewers are calling this film "hilarious" in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way:

LINK 2 (VIDEO REVIEW)

Has Showgirls, met its horror movie match? Maybe!  

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 5:16am
Ha-ha! "Vampire In Brooklyn!" I almost forgot that movie was ever made. Although, that werewolf movie he made with Christina Ricci sucked, too. Craven's career may be dying at the same pace as M. Night's!
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 10:05pm
It's official.  This is the worst movie Wes Craven has made since 'Vampire in Brooklyn'.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 8:26pm
Of course -- because October is the month of horror movies. Need I say more?  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

This is at a measly 9% at RT (APPALLING!) I was a trifle disappointed with August and September, because only 6 movies got RAZZIE tags, and only 3 of those got bad reviews. But October looks to have a lot of fodder for our awards!  
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 5:15pm
This is at a measly 9% at RT (APPALLING!) I was a trifle disappointed with August and September, because only 6 movies got RAZZIE tags, and only 3 of those got bad reviews. But October looks to have a lot of fodder for our awards!  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>