Hey, Hey! Whadda Big BOO-BOO!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey, Hey! Whadda Big BOO-BOO!!
    Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Vits

So 2 TV characters did things that it wasn't until today we thought they were homoerotic,and then when they had their movie it became more obvious...BATMAN & ROBIN,anyone?
Just look at Cracked.com. They have dozens of articles where they nit-pick movies from 30-40 years ago and point out undertones that no one thought about at the time. Of course, they're trying to be funny, so I guess they will try their hardest to find something to mock, no matter how unimportant it is.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:48am
It's different then Batman & Robin because I'm almost 100% sure that the hilariously inappropriate poster was unintentional. If it was intentional, then that poster's the most awesome thing ever.

Another key difference with Batman & Robin was that my eyes never exploded like Toht from the greatest movie ever while watching Yogi Bear.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:38am
So 2 TV characters did things that it wasn't until today we thought they were homoerotic,and then when they had their movie it became more obvious...BATMAN & ROBIN,anyone?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 7:20pm
Mind you, Yogi and Boo-Boo did sleep in the same bed in the old cartoon series, and Yogi need did have a real relationship with Cindy Bear. There were gay undertones before his movie existed.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 9:32am
I think the "homoerotic" poster is hilarious because it almost certainly unintentional.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 7:56am
What are your thoughts on the so-called homoerotic poster?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Dan Aykroyd: As I mentioned above, he sounds nothing like Yogi. Now, if what Vits said is true, than they did this on purpose. But, if they were deliberately doing this, why cast Timberlake, who sounds exactly like Boo-Boo?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302067/trivia?tr=tr1256002
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302067/trivia?tr=tr1537708

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2011 at 6:47pm
Time to rip into a picnic basket full of sh*t!

The good:

Justin Timberlake: Timberlake sounds a lot like Boo-Boo, unlike Aykroyd, who sounds nothing like Yogi. May seem small, but you gotta appreciate the small things.

Ranger Smith's new park: This is one of the two parts that actually made me laugh. To explain; after he's fired from Jellystone Park, Smith's new park area is improbably small. May seem little, but you gotta appreciate the little things. The other part that made me laugh was...

The falling scene: To explain; Yogi, Boo-Boo, Smith, and Rachel Johnson (Anna Faris) drift down a waterfall and land safely in a tree-branch. The funny park is that Yogi doesn't seem to realize that he's safe until they tell him. May seem miniscule, but you gotta appreciate the miniscule things.

The bad:

Dan Aykroyd: As I mentioned above, he sounds nothing like Yogi. Now, if what Vits said is true, than they did this on purpose. But, if they were deliberately doing this, why cast Timberlake, who sounds exactly like Boo-Boo?

Anna Faris: The usually talented Faris fumbles in this. Although, maybe it's just the rating: the movies that I've liked her in (Scary Movie 1 and only 1, Observe & Report, etc.) were all R-rated. Maybe, she needs to be unleashed to work.

Tom Cavanagh: Vits was right about him being miscast. Watching his scenes could cause a coma in less-seasoned viewers.

The ugly:

The script: Take every crappy children's film cliche and you've got your Yogi Bear scipt. Dumb pratfalls, talking animals, needless explosions, posters that feature sodomy*, the usual.

The CGI: This is some Alvin And The Chipmunks sh*t right here. It's down-right disturbing in places. Expecially...

That f*cking turtle: The turtle is exceptionally creepy. Even worse, he's a plot-point: apparently, his weird eyes will make the government protect the park because it's endangered. While that does seem plausible, this leaves a major plot hole: no one seems to care that there's two bears talking! There's one scene, where they ask a guy for his shopping cart and he says: "Do you got chocolate?" instead of "Holy f*cking sh*t, a talking bear!" or "Man, I gotta stop doing reefer!"

Well, that's a crappy CGI version of a childhood chestnut. Grade: C

Next-up: How The Grinch Stole Christmas!

*No, I didn't make that up. Link: http://www.bestweekever.tv/tag/yogi-bear/
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 8:23am
What are people's thoughts on how this movie,regardless if you like it or not,pays respect to the cartoon?Dan Aykroyd and the director stated they intended to make YOGI's voice different on purpose,and I remember him being in serious consideration.Although the only good not bad performance here is Tom Cavanagh,he's clearly miscast.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 8:08am
I gave it a 5/10. It was okay, more on par with the first Alvin and the Chimpmunks! Although my Mother who's a big fan of Yogi Bear enjoyed it emensly!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 5:05pm
I just saw it and gave it 1/10.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Yogi Bear parody ending, a la The Godfather.
That ending pretty much sums up what Hollywood has been doing to the childhood memories of anyone who grew up watching these beloved animated series, only to see them being ruined on the big screen.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 6:04pm
I just finished watching this. It's pretty bad, but not bad enough for a Worst Picture spot on the nominating ballot. All the other spots on the nominating ballot? Absolutely justified! Well, now to watch Birdemic.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2010 at 4:34am
Don't you mean a la The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Yogi Bear parody ending, a la The Godfather.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2010 at 11:08pm
My apologies.  So you did. 

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

What do you mean -- I mentioned it.  

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Yogi Bear parody ending, a la The Godfather.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2010 at 8:30pm
What do you mean -- I mentioned it.  

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Yogi Bear parody ending, a la The Godfather.
Pictures move, do they?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2010 at 6:40pm
A point that has been somewhat missed above is that Bruce Lee was still comparatively unknown, at least to American audiences, at the time the old GH series aired. He was great on the show, but I'm not sure it would be fair to say that he blew Van Williams off the screen. I just looked this up too...The old series only lasted 26 episodes, which means that the Hornet and Kato were almost as well known for their appearance on Batman as for their own series. These days, since the old GH series isn't in syndication anywhere, they are probably better known for that appearance.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>