Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > AGREE or DISAGREE w/OUR CHOICES?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?
    Posted: February 26 2011 at 4:13pm
What time is the ceremony starting?
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Vits

So Spyke...is there a hidden message in your new signature?

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 8:04pm
The winners are announced! The Last Airbender wins five trophies while Sex and the City 2 takes home three.

WINNERS
Worst Picture - The Last Airbender
Worst Director - M. Night Shyamalan
Worst Actor - Ashton Kutcher
Worst Actress - Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon & Sarah Jessica Parker
Worst Supporting Actor - Jackson Rathbone
Worst Supporting Actress - Jessica Alba
Worst Screenplay - The Last Airbender
Worst Sequel: Sex and the City 2
Worst Screen Ensemble: Sex and the City 2
Worst Misuse of 3D: The Last Airbender
MBH View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote MBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 10:02pm
I'll be damned!!! Heck, that is one fine winners list! Congratulations!
So freakin' happy about Ashton Kutcher, man! In H.I.S F.A.C.E! Too bad about Stewart, but that bunch of greedy cougars deserves it, too!
I think these results absolutely proof the credibility of the Razzies. Well done, well done...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 10:09pm
I think the voting membership did an outstanding job, and my suspicions about the strength of Twilight on the nominating ballot appear to be correct. A lot of people voted for it to get it represented on the final ballot, but it didn't really win anything to speak of.

The overall vindications: Twilight--effectively shut out...it just didn't really deserve anything
Vampire's Suck--shut out...the Razzie members are smart enough not to reward films that try to get our attention...that isn't what we are about.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 10:37pm

Mostly flying colors here! Only things I would've voted for if I could've come up with the money for a voting membership: Megan Fox for Worst Actress, George Lopez for Worst Supporting Actor, and SAW VII 3D for Worst 3D Eye Gouger.

But above all else, I am SO happy The Twilight Saga: Eclipse didn't get Worst Picture.
AwesomelyBadCrap View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote AwesomelyBadCrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 10:37pm
Congratulations to the big "winner" The Last Airbender. Wink
In my spare time, I love to watch Awesomely Bad Crap
David Hightower View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote David Hightower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 10:44pm
I can't believe Cop Out didn't make the Razzies . And I'd have voted Tracey Morgan the worst actor hands down . Unbelievably painful movie to watch , even at $1.99
MBH View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote MBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I think the voting membership did an outstanding job, and my suspicions about the strength of Twilight on the nominating ballot appear to be correct. A lot of people voted for it to get it represented on the final ballot, but it didn't really win anything to speak of.

The overall vindications: Twilight--effectively shut out...it just didn't really deserve anything
Vampire's Suck--shut out...the Razzie members are smart enough not to reward films that try to get our attention...that isn't what we are about.

I agree. I think the loud voices about Twilight misled many people to believe this is about the revenge from males to females and people involved with the franchise. Honestly, I doubted you guys for a second too.
But it's about revenge for the crap movies they throw to us and think they can get away with it.
This years results proofed a point, and them all wrong. The voting members know better.
I'll celebrate with a cool blonde now.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Leo

The winners are announced! The Last Airbender wins five trophies while Sex and the City 2 takes home three.

WINNERS
Worst Picture - The Last Airbender
Worst Director - M. Night Shyamalan
Worst Actor - Ashton Kutcher
Worst Actress - Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon & Sarah Jessica Parker
Worst Supporting Actor - Jackson Rathbone
Worst Supporting Actress - Jessica Alba
Worst Screenplay - The Last Airbender
Worst Sequel: Sex and the City 2
Worst Screen Ensemble: Sex and the City 2
Worst Misuse of 3D: The Last Airbender
Guess I'll put down who I voted for:
Worst Picture - The Last Airbender (Exactly)
Worst Director - M. Night Shyamalan (Also exactly)
Worst Actor - Robert Pattinson (Yeah, yeah, I know. It's really more on Remewmber Me than it is on Twilight though, even though I still think the acting is terrible. I promise that next time I will vote nothing Twilight related, unless Water for Elephants ends up stinking. Anyways, the choice with Ashton is a reasponable one.)
Worst Actress - Megan Fox (I do not disagree with the winning of the Four Gal Pals, but Megan should have gotten something this year, because I have a feeling that this is the last time we're going to see her.)
Worst Supporting Actor - Jackson Rathbone (I actually hoped that somehow me voting Jackson would have him and Dev go into a tie, but he ended up being the one winning. Well, technically, that means Twilight DID go away with a Razzie, but I know that Airbender didn't help much either)
Worst Supporting Actress - Nicola Peltz (She was terrible, you have to admit. Alba, however, did deserve the award (Except for Machete...... I'm sorry, I do't agree with Machete.). She was probably the polar ooposite of Anette Benning of the Razzies this year.)
Worst Screenplay - The Last Airbender (Exactly)
Worst Sequel: The Last Airbender (Hm, I always figured that the Worst Sequel and or Remake award was so that people can choose the worst movie that is not going to be Worst Picture, even if the possible Worst Picture is also on the list. I still voted for Airbender though. Sex and the City 2, however, is a good alternative.)
Worst Screen Ensemble: The Last Airbender (Yeah, I hated Airbender. And don't any of you start saying "Oh, you didn't really see the movie, you're just following the crowd." I DID see this movie, I got it for my birthday (ugh on that part, but the rest of my birthday was good.), and I said "Well, why not?"...... The only thing I liked was the outtakes section, and admittingly, they looked like they acually had fun making the film (Too bad it stunk. The outtakes seem to contain actual characters while the movie did not (My official review, ladies and gnetlemen).). Though the win for Sex and the City 2, again, I don't mind (By the way, I heard on the radio once that the third Sex and the City is going to be a prequel, so this probably will be the LAST you'll see those four women on the screen together.))
Worst Misuse of 3D: The Last Airbender (Exactly. I didn't really see it in 3D (Maybe I'm lucky), but I've heard it's awful, more tha Clash.)
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

How come Sex in the City 2 won the award for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Ripoff? Shouldn't The Last Airbender win, because that film was a live-action film remake of the original animated series, and it won the award for Worst Picture
I think we have all long since given up on trying to interpret why the full membership votes the way the do. However, I was among those who voted for SITC2 for this award. My reason was that I associated this movie with the first one and the TV series, whereas I didn't really associate Airbender with any other work, correctly or not.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 7:58am
You have failed!  You gave Twilight and its three main stars the cold shoulder when they deserved to be punished for turning moviegoers into dullards, seducing its target audience with male shirtlessness, and winning accolades over 'Avatar' and 'Inception'.  If this farce of a series is not given its just desserts in the next two years, then your status as a major award show will be revoked.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 8:04am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

You have failed!  You gave Twilight and its three main stars the cold shoulder when they deserved to be punished for turning moviegoers into dullards, seducing its target audience with male shirtlessness, and winning accolades over 'Avatar' and 'Inception'.  If this farce of a series is not given its just desserts in the next two years, then your status as a major award show will be revoked.
Miguel, Miguel, Miguel (most of you know what is coming LOL). The results of last night's Razzies are a vindication, not an indictment. Twilight made it on to the final ballot as the result of familiarity, not real dislike among the voting membership. Some 700 voters recognize it for what it is, an average series of films that appeal to a target audience...harmless and destined to obscurity. The only person who hasn't figure all this out yet is, well, take a long look in the mirror and a prozac. So far, Twilight just isn't Razzie worthy. As to the future relevance of the Razzies, CBS Sunday Morning is about to air a segment on last night's awards here in my time zone, so a lot of people are evidently paying attention. The future relevance of the awards is pretty far beyond your reach.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Cybergirl

I can't believe Twilight Saga: Eclipse is at no. 4 for Worst Picture. At least, it should be no.2 & no offense to Twi-hards. I'm just an ordinary girl not liking the books & adapted movies by Stephenie Meyer. I prefer sci-fi books and books based on true events/stories/lives.

A lot of people may agree with you that Twilight is basically number 2 Wink, but the fact of the matter is that the films just aren't that bad in comparison to stuff like The Last Fartbender. The Razzies are about punishing bad achievement in cinema, not punishing mediocre films that are making a buck off of teenage girls.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 9:09am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Okay, Miguel, seriously take the time to Netflix the "Twilight" movies, and then Netflix "Last Fartbender" and the other movies that got nods. Once you have actually WATCHED all of them, then you can give us your honest opinion that "Twilight" was truly more worthy of winning everything it was up for instead of the train wreck that was "Fartbender" or the cash grab that was "SATC 2". 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 11:02am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Okay, Miguel, seriously take the time to Netflix the "Twilight" movies, and then Netflix "Last Fartbender" and the other movies that got nods. Once you have actually WATCHED all of them, then you can give us your honest opinion that "Twilight" was truly more worthy of winning everything it was up for instead of the train wreck that was "Fartbender" or the cash grab that was "SATC 2". 
Yep...We knew that Miguel would pop in and throw a tantrum today, but to suggest that 700 voting members were wrong and he was right is downright hilarious. For anyone who actually watched the 5 final nominees, it is abundantly clear that we were playing the old Sesame Street game, "One of these things is not like the others." Twilight isn't my cup of tea, but it isn't all that bad. The other 4 were anywhere from exceedingly painful to virtually unwatchable, and Fartbender was clearly the leader of the pack. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>