Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE ROOMMATE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM DISCUSSION of THE ROOMMATE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM DISCUSSION of THE ROOMMATE
    Posted: August 27 2011 at 1:56pm
I liked the shower scene with Aly. It's always nice when former Disney actresses go for the "I'm so sick of dressing like a nun for kiddie TV and movies, so now I'm going to take my clothes off as often as possible" route. Other than that, I couldn't care less for this movie!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
renkani View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote renkani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:13am
I am 25
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 7:25pm
Two more things: 
1)It's true about confusing the 2 actresses. When they first meet, it's in a dark room. And when they're together and it cuts away we see one and we think it's the other. But what nobody has pointed out is that STEPHEN and JASON also look alike. Coincidences?  

2)I've had a tuxedo cat since he was born. After the movie, I went to hug him and tell him how much I love him.If you've seen this movie, I'm sure you know why.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 1:12pm
I just saw it.

I haven't seen SINGLE WHITE FEMALE(or FATAL ATTRACTION for that matter),but you know what?I didn't have to.The cliches are so obvious you know they're cliches even if it's the first time you see them.

Some of you have asked which is the worst horror movie of the year:this or THE RITE.That one had an actual interesting plot,but this one at least scared me sometimes.And by that I do mean cheap scares,but one or 2 scenes were actually suspenseful.Speaking of the plot,they stretch the premise as much as they can but it fails to become a full plot.It's so unnecessarily slow!

We get very weak performances from Kelly and Billy Zane.But the worst is Gigandet(the only talent he shows here is palying the drums).But I didn't find Meester bad at all,although at the climax she gets a little over the top.

I give this 3/10.

For your consideration:
Picture:For now,until I see more 1 star movies.
Actress:Kelly,not Meester(Ifound them both to be leads).
Supp. Actor:Gigandet,yes.Like I said,Zane wasn't that bad,and his role was too unforgetable for most people.
Director:Yes.It created the right atmosphere at times,but half the shots were so amateur.
Screenplay:Yes.Do I need to say why?
Couple/Ensemble:No.
Remake/Rip-Off:While not the worst movie of the year,any kind of rip-off deserves this award.
Worst Horror Movie:If this comes back,it should tie with THE RITE.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 4:56pm
This movie is a shoe-in top contender for Worst Rip-Off. Leighton and Killy should also hold a conjoined nod for Worst Actress, because for the life of me, I could not tell one from the other!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 9:51am
Dude! Spoiler alert! Actually, spoilers alerts! 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Danneel Harris and Leighton Meester make-out at one point

I saw the clip. It wasn't anything out of this world. Probably 'cuz I expected them to actually "make-out" instead of just kissing.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 9:08pm
Time to rip-open a new asshole. Also, after the review I'll throw my two-cents on the debate on who should be considered the leading actress.

The good:

There's a lot of hot women: Remember I try to have at least three in each category.

Danneel Harris and Leighton Meester make-out at one point: Again, I want to have at least three and this was a highlight for me.

Best Supporting Actress of the year: I'm, of course, talking about the kitten. Throughout the movie, the kitten meows on cue and shows better chops than all the other actors. Alas, she is not one for this world, as she ends up taking a ride in the washing machine that she never comes back from.

The bad:

Billy Zane: Why does Billy Zane still exist? He broke up with Kelly Brock. Kelly Brock! He should know that he's never gonna get something that hot. Idiot. Also, he makes out with Minka Kelly and Leighton Meester at one point. They may be hot, but not Kelly Brock hot. Idiot.

Christian E. Christenson: Mr. Redundant name is the director of this unwatchable mess. He could make a movie about washing clothes and it would be better than this. Especially, if Kelly Brock is in it. Billy Zane's an idiot.

Minka Kelly: Yes she is hot, but she's not very good. I've never watched Friday Night Lights, so I can't compare her acting to that. Even worse, she dating a Yankee. Damn Yankess!

The ugly:

Leighton Meester: Originally, I was going to list Minka and Leighton together in the bad, but then I remember that she made the Best Supporting Actress take her washing machine ride. They could have made up for it by having her have lesbian sex with Minka Kelly. But, that won't happen because...

It's rated PG-13: I've mentioned it once and I'll mention it again: unless you're making a supernatural horror movie you make your horror movie R! There's a lot of scenes that could have been improved with an R-rating. Amanda Michalka's shower, Leighton and Danneel's make-out, etc.

The script and the lack of originality: The script is hoary and full of cliches even without bringing up that it's a blatant rip-off of Single White Female. The only part that legitmately surprised was that Leighton's parents were still alive. I assumed that she killed them. Instead, she's on drugs that make her docile. For some reason, they don't check up on her using them. The only reason I can think of for why this goes on is that they contacted the health board and Leighton had rough R-rated sex with him or preforably her to pay them off to not tell her parents.

Well, there's what I dream about at night with a review of The Roommate thrown in. I mentioned that I would talk about the cluster-f*ck over who the lead actress was. IMO, it's Meester. She has the most screen-time, she's top-billed, and, as mentioned in my Just Go With It review, Minka Kelly had a small role in that P.O.S. Grade: D

Next-up: Big Mommas 3
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 8:37pm
The college I go to screened this tonight. It's not quite as bad as I Am Number Four, but that's because this had more unintentional comedy. The scene with the cat in the dryer pissed a lot of people off. Mainly because she was the best actress in the movie.Big smile
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 5:52pm
R.T. gave this 4%,making it already one of the worst movies of this decade:"Devoid of chills,thrills,or even cheap titillation,the film isn't even bad enough to be good".

Peter Travers gave this 1/2 */****:"The film(the umpteenth uncredited remake of 1992's SINGLE WHITE FEMALE)sucks bad,real bad".
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 9:34am
Burn, not really, Fatal Attraction at least has some build up to that scene. This movie just shows how Meester puts the kitten in the dryer (or washing machine, i can't really remember) and then makes an imediant jumpcut to a conversation between Meester and that other girl about how "she was doing her laundry" and how "the kitten ran away".

I have to admit that it really was a very tame movie, I mean every real horrorfan (thank god i am not one of them) would get bored with this real quickly. There are off course some murder-scenes but they are either silly, like the final catfight, or very unoriginal, like a scene in which Meester dies her hair and dresses herself in the same way as her roommate so that she can pretend to be her and sneak into the bed of her roommate's ex-boyfriend and stab him, or both silly and unoriginal.

Oh, and did i mention that the psycho chick is an artstudent, I was kind of ofended by that.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Vheid

You didn't see any skin and the cruelest scene in the movie is one were they put a kitten in the dryer (eventhought you don't see the kitten die, it's still implied).
I guess that's their version of the pet rabbit in the boiling water scene from a certain other movie about a person with an obsession disorder.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 7:47am
Just saw it.

I have to say that it was very tame for a movie with this kind of premise. You didn't see any skin and the cruelest scene in the movie is one were they put a kitten in the dryer (eventhought you don't see the kitten die, it's still implied). The entire final act of the movie is just one long, messy and extremlly silly looking catfight.

Oh, and I also hope to see Cam Gigandet back on the nominationballot next year. He was really awfull in this movie.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 4:41pm
Burn, i didn't say it was going to make a lot of money, i said it was going to top the box office this weekend.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/02/05/box-office-update-roommate/
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Vheid

It's curently at 9% on RT but it's most likely also going to top the box office this weekend.
Not really, considering "Sorority Row" bombed at the box office. Or if it does make #1, it won't be anything higher than $20 or $30 million ... IF that.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 11:41am
It's curently at 9% on RT but it's most likely also going to top the box office this weekend.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 8:15pm
It's indeed not honest. But isn't it also illegal, i mean the screenwriter of the original movie could (and should) sue them.

200th post
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>