Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on SUCKER PUNCH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...
    Posted: March 24 2011 at 2:19pm
GO AHEAD, TAKE a BIG BITE OUT of THIS FILM's BODACIOUS BOOTY...  

AND HERE's the LINK to SEE THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® TAKE on SUCKER PUNCH...   

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2011 at 10:15pm
Do you know what is most annoying about this? 87% of the RT community want to see this movie! It just goes to show how much crappy, half thought-out CGI-fests are turning even the best of moviegoers into a flock of brainless sheep (sucking up to this sort of stuff) - sounds almost like a guy we once knew (moviewizguy, who is no longer with us). Not to mention it also proves HeadRAZZ's theory of whom the core audience will be. Has Inception not taught Hollywood anything? 
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 3:56am
Hehehe ... moviewizguy. Sorry, the mere mention of his name still makes me laugh inside at the thought of his weak, logic-lacking debates over why s****y movies are good.  

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

It just goes to show how much crappy, half thought-out CGI-fests are turning even the best of moviegoers into a flock of brainless sheep (sucking up to this sort of stuff) - sounds almost like a guy we once knew (moviewizguy, who is no longer with us).
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 4:44am
I may be crazy, but I'm still going to see it. However, I'm going to see it just to crap on it. The reviews say that the film is bad, I mean, I listened to the audio review that's just released from Spill.com, so I'm going to see it just to crap on it. 

Pictures move, do they?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 5:11am
I would be lying if I said I WASN'T excited for this. Maybe I should skip it, though.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 6:28am
20-25% at Rotten Tomatoes:"It's technically impressive and loaded with eye-catching images, but without characters or a plot to support them, all of SUCKER PUNCH's visual thrills are for naught".

Richard Roeper gave it a D:"An indecipherable, hypocritical mess that proves you can fill a movie with scantily-clad women with big guns and it can still bore one to tears".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 6:44am
Does this mean Vanessa Hudgens is back on the ballots?I know she somehow didn't get in for BEASTLY.

Emily Browning, Jena Malone and Scott Glenn have been "Yeah, I've seen him/her before but I don't remember where" actors for decades,and have mostly given good performances.Too bad they'll become stars for this.The same about Jamie Chung,except she hasn't given noteworthy performances,and she has a hard tim choosing good movies.Abbie Cornish and Carla Gugino seems to be OK actresses who sometimes choose bad movies.Jon Hamm has had main roles in bad movies and very small roles in good movies.Oscar Isaac has been in good movies nobody saw and in bad movies everyone saw.

Producer,writer and director Zack Snyder is famous for making good movies with great visuals.But each movie has become closer to average movies that are saved by their visuals.

Steve Shibuya has a very odd CV.He did different crew tasks in each movie.And know he debuts as a writer!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 9:41am

Teenage boys may yell at me for this, but: Young ladies with sorceress' builds will not make this a passable movie. The reviews are terrible! I knew from the start this movie would fail. Zack Snyder started off well with Dawn of the Dead [remake] and 300, then his quality started to slip. Ga'Hoole got average reviews via a stroke of luck, now it's come to this.

This is my 666th post! Do not let demonic lust tempt you to see this movie!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 12:30pm
Gotta agree. Browning, Malone, Glenn, Cornish, and Gugino are all decent character actresses (and actor) but you can only be as good as the material you're given, Chung is just a hottie who appears in bad movies (although "The Hangover 2" will be a success for her), and Hudgens is just trying to find her place in her post-High School Musical career ... and she hasn't found it yet. Although, from a shallow and superficial stand point, Hudgens would have a very bright future in the nude photography business!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 12:32pm
Well, I have a pair of free movie passes, so this would be the ideal movie to use them on, since I'm curious to see it, but I refuse to pay money in order to do so.  

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

I may be crazy, but I'm still going to see it. However, I'm going to see it just to crap on it. The reviews say that the film is bad, I mean, I listened to the audio review that's just released from Spill.com, so I'm going to see it just to crap on it. 
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 1:35pm
GTAhater, I always found Zack Snyder way to gimicky. CGI-special effects is for him, what plot twists are for M. Night. I could seriously imagine him being as disliked as M. Night now is in a couple of years.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 5:36pm
Touche', Mr. Snyder does love his green screen. Although, he would have to make a string of critical and commerical flops all in a row in order to reach the level of hatred there already is for M. Night. 

Originally posted by Vheid

GTAhater, I always found Zack Snyder way to gimicky. CGI-special effects is for him, what plot twists are for M. Night. I could seriously imagine him being as disliked as M. Night now is in a couple of years.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 8:03pm
Maybe they should have called this one "Sucker Bait,"  in honor of anyone foolish enough to pay to see it...  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2011 at 5:39am
And this guy was hired to direct the Superman reboot. Fate works in mysterious ways.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2011 at 7:12am
Well, Superman IS a comic book, and Synder is DC's "go-to guy" for comic book adaptations...  

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2011 at 7:08am
The movie was a disappointment, but I'm not that surprised.  I knew this was gonna be bad the moment I saw a critic call it, 'The Last Airbender with bustiers'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>