Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on HOP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Discussion of HOP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Discussion of HOP
    Posted: March 30 2011 at 11:06am
HERE's WHERE to HOP on the ANTI-EASTER-BUNNY BANDWAGON and HAVE AT HOP...  

RABBIT STEW, ANYONE??   

AND HERE's the LINK to SEE the OFFICIAL RAZZIE TAKE on HOP...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 11:11am
We should be eating raspberry-flavored candy. I hate Tim Hill for also directing Alvin & the Chipmunks (2007)

Most kids born in 2005 are surprisingly tech-savvy for their ages. Even 5th grade boys where I live look like 2005s (they claim they were born in 2000). Why would Hollywood think they'd accept the candy? They should pretend like the candy in this movie is being offered by a stranger!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 11:42am
You've made a lot puns about candies. Is it because of the scene used in every trailer where Kaley Cuoco eats a jellybean the bunny pooped? I'm guessing that will be the funniest thing in the movie.Dead
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 12:00pm
I hated Russel Brand before because I thought his horrible work when hosting the MTV VMA's was the way he always was.But after watching him in movies,he's kind of funny.And this is a way for kids to like him since they can't see his R-rated stand-up*.But the Easter Bunny?There wasn't a rule that said God can't be black so I had no problem with Morgan Freeman in the ALMIGHTY movies,but I'm sure there's some rule that says the Easter Bunny can't be british.

And why is Kaley Cuoco in this?She's a famous and talented TV star.I understand James Marsden.He was in CATS & DOGS 2,and I feel he was surprised when he found out ENCHANTED turned out to be good.

As usual in this movies,the biggest stars in Hollywood provide their voices,and B and C-list actors play live-action roles.Are the stars ashamed of something?What's wrong with this movie?Oh,right.

Remember all my bitching about who receives certain Razzies?If you'd answered,we would know if Tim Hill is a nominee.You mentioned his 2 previous movies,but you forgot about THE MUPPETS IN SPACE and MAX KEEBLE'S BIG MOVE.But you know what?When he directs he sucks,but he's a good writer(ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE;SPONGEBOB).Why can't he try to do both things?

Writers Cinco Paul & Ken Daurio score with animated movies.But with live-action...And all we know about Brian Lynch is that he also wrote the upcoming PUSS IN BOOTS spin-off.

*I feel that's also why in this movies there are also cameos from celebrities kids don't know(David Hasselhof and The Blind Boys Of Alabama).
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 2:45pm
I know, right? Yuck.

Also, it looks like the studio for the movie, Illumination Entertainment likes to throw everything on the screen, starting with Despicable Me. Don't believe me? Well, my friend on YouTube, TheWMEforever, has a video for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbE0zb4Mms
Pictures move, do they?
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 2:46pm
Ways to know if a movie is bad, all the trailers play Good Charlotte's "The Anthem" in the background, don't believe me? Here are a list of some other movies that used this song (I copied and pasted this from Wikipedia and i couldn't change the font color or remove the underline):  American Wedding, Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd, Just Married, The Pacifier, and American Pie Presents Band Camp.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 4:03pm
It's been many years since the classic live action/animation hybrid "Roger Rabbit" was released upon the public. Few movies have tried to copy its charm ... so far, all have failed. This doesn't seem like it will buck that trend.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 5:17pm
And Roger Rabbit was a mix of live action and 2D animation, while this mixes CGI animals.  In fact, how many movies were there since Princess and the Frog and Ponyo that used 2d animation?

Another thing I noticed about this movie...

The cast features voices and roles from Hank Azaria (of Simpsons fame) and Hugh Laurie (House).  It also features David Hasselhoff and Hugh Hefner, though they have been in crummy films before.  But why would those people provide voices for something that is comparable to the Alvin & the Chipmunks movies?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 5:20pm
I asked the same question in the topic'bout the cast & crew.
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Also, it looks like the studio for the movie, Illumination Entertainment likes to throw everything on the screen, starting with Despicable Me. Don't believe me? Well, my friend on YouTube, TheWMEforever, has a video for proof.

Yeah,that was weird.Was it meant to be funny?
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

Ways to know if a movie is bad, all the trailers play Good Charlotte's "The Anthem" in the background, don't believe me? Here are a list of some other movies that used this song (I copied and pasted this from Wikipedia and i couldn't change the font color or remove the underline):  American WeddingDumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd, Just Married, The Pacifier, and American Pie Presents Band Camp.
Whoa!Did you just compare AMERICAN PIE 3 to 4?!Angry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 6:10pm
2-D is just so 1994! Although, there has been a small boom in stop motion and claymation movies, but of course, they all take a back seat to the all powerful Pixar movies (having Disney back you kinda helps).
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 5:33am
What with this now having a forum and the upcoming remake of 'Arthur' under Razzie consideration, 2011 will not be a good year for Russell Brand.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 5:46am
It's so overused, it's not even funny.  

Originally posted by Vits

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Also, it looks like the studio for the movie, Illumination Entertainment likes to throw everything on the screen, starting with Despicable Me. Don't believe me? Well, my friend on YouTube, TheWMEforever, has a video for proof.

Yeah,that was weird.Was it meant to be funny?

Pictures move, do they?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 6:33am
Film Reel, I still think Brand will have a tough time competing with people like Nic Cage and Adam Sandler for the Worst Actor Razzie this year.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 10:42am
I'm so tired of movies like these.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 12:07pm
Yeah, I would put Russ B. up there with the likes of Nic Cage and Adam Sandler when it comes to pumping out as many movies as they can in any one year...so they can get as many Razzies chances as they can?!?    

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

What with this now having a forum and the upcoming remake of 'Arthur' under Razzie consideration, 2011 will not be a good year for Russell Brand.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 5:28pm
R.T. gave Hop 20%: "It's impressively animated, but HOP's script is so uninspired that not even James Marsden's frantic mugging can give it any bounce."  

I guess this means he won't be up for Worst Supp. Actor. But he could still be up for Worst Couple with either Russell Brand or Kaley Cuoco. And...well,with these reviews, I don't need to mention every category Hop could be up for, right?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Referring to a performance as "frantic mugging" is not a favorable review -- So, yes, Marsden could still be a Worst Supporting Actor contender. And Russell Brand's voicing of "E.B." could be only the second voice-over performance ever to be RAZZIE®-nominated. The first was Roseanne Barr as the voices of an obnoxious talking baby in LOOK WHO'S TALKING, TOO (IMDb LINK).  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>