Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on PRIEST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of PRIEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of PRIEST
    Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:17am
HERE's WHERE to GO AHEAD and SHARE YER THOUGHTS on JUST HOW DAMN AWFUL THIS MOVIE IS.  

AND HERE's the LINK to READ OUR "OFFICIAL RAZZIE® TAKE" on PRIEST...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:56am

It feels as if I've seen this movie a thousand times before (or at least movies with this same premise).

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:54am
First 'The Rite' now this. It appears films focusing on religous subject matter seem to have taken a liking to the Razzies.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 11:46am
A spiritual successor to Legion, one of my Bottom 40 Films of 2010. I should've known this would be bad before New Year's. Last time I checked, the reviews were in the "Abysmal" range, 14%.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 12:07pm
It's "Legion Part 2"! Ugh! Am I the only one who thinks Paul Bettany does not make for a believable action hero? Must be why they have Maggie "Queen Action Heroine" Q tagging along with him.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 12:45pm

Michaels, No i also think Bettany shouldn't be in summer action-movies, i actually think he's a decent actor and it always feels to me like he's taking roles that are just below him.

This also seems to be the SECOND Razzie-worthy supporting of Cam Gigandet (first being The Roommate).

And last but not least, I just found out that this movie was based on a Korean Manga-series, directing us back to the discussion on the main forum about the impossibility of a good Manga/Anime-adaption in Hollywood.

Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 3:08pm
Yeah, I think it's kind of important to know of the "based on a Korean manhwa" thing, with manhwa having the same meaning as manga.  

It may be more comparable to Speed Racer and DragginBall Devolution than films like Legion and The Rite.  Also, the Keanu Bebop movie fell into Development Hell a while back, though he is being considered for an Akira adaptation (will Rosie O'Donnell play the giant blob?).

Impossibility of a good manga/anime adaptation, indeed.

Originally posted by Vheid

And last but not least, I just found out that this movie was based on a Korean Manga-series, directing us back to the discussion on the main forum about the impossibility of a good Manga/Anime-adaption in Hollywood.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 4:05pm
And that is where it will hopefully stay forever, so there will be at least one beloved anime series that won't be sh*t on by Hollywood!   

Originally posted by Berrynoia

The Keanu Bebop movie fell into Development Hell a while back.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:03pm
This has got to be one of the most boring trailers I've seen in a long time! 

At least director Scott Charles Stewart didn't also write this like he did with LEGION.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:31pm
If that stupid fat f-cking cow actually were cast, then the movie might at least be amusingly watchable...  LOL   

Originally posted by Berrynoia

Akira adaptation (will Rosie O'Donnell play the giant blob?).

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:32pm
And on another note, This movie looks like dog sh-t, and I hope it gets the attention from us that Legion never did.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 11:13am

Just saw it (don't ask me how... I shall not tell). Eventhough it was by no means a good film, it wasn't as unwatchable as the RT-rating led us to believe. It's more Waterworld-bad (as in a bad movie that is fun to watch) than Jonah Hex-bad (as in a nearly unwatchable movie). [SPOILERS] They did use a Jonah Hex-like animation/narration introduction sequence and a lot of the plot twists were already very obvious early on in the movie (like Priest being Lucy's father and the main bad guy being a priest turned vampire). It also is very funny that when they make a villain that is unbeatable, They just blow the train up on which he is standing. [END OF SPOILERS]

Right, I forgot to mention. This has has less to do with the original manga than Van Helsing (the movie) had to do with Bram Stoker's Dracula. I started reading it a couple of days ago (mainly because i wanted to know what the movie would be about) and the story/plot in the comics is far superior to that of the movie.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 4:38pm
R.T.(20%): "It's admittedly sleek and stylish, but those qualities are wasted on a dull, derivative blend of sci-fi, action and horror cliches.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 12:34pm
Chilean reviews:

"Another action bomb that wastes it's potential for trying too hard to develop a story when in fact all there is to do is give us pyrotechny and fun(**/*****)".

"The script never finds a necessary conection gets lost between shallow critics towards the catholic church,a rehash of genres and a coctail of cliche sentences that end up trivializing the movie's background(***/*******)".
leojaxx View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote leojaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 8:49am
I liked Legion and I'm planning to see Priest. I think it looks like it'll be good!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 1:28pm
Is that you Gee-Wiz?!? Are you back?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>