Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > COMPLETE LIST of 2011 ELIGIBLE RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

10 Worst Picture Nominee's?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 Worst Picture Nominee's?
    Posted: January 04 2012 at 6:02pm
I support ten Worst Picture nominees. 5 spots aren't enough for all the awful films this year.
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
yingxuy View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yingxuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 10:16pm
It always comes down to the two films favored by the Golden Globes, the British Academy, and every award in between.
riris View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote riris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 8:18pm
Listing  10 movies as the nominees for worst picture will show that there are more bad movies this year, no matter which one ends up the "winner." I hope this could be a motivation for other movie makers for their next movies to be better.
tonyt42 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tonyt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 8:49am
Negative awards I am against.

Too many people do good work behind the scenes get lumped into the negative criticism.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 6:01pm
Dont get me wrong GTAHater767...I'm not necessarily saying that the ultimate "winners" for the last decase were in any way "wrong" choices, I was just making an observation about human nature. I think there will always be an element of people voting (or nominating) movies simply because they are not to their personal taste. 

I would hope that these people are in the minority of Razzie voters, but they definitely exist. That's all I was saying...  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 3:58pm
27 Years: If it were up to you, and you had to do a "thorough analysis" of the various films' qualities, what do you think should've "won" for each year from 2000-2010?  
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 12:01pm
I actually think wildheart has a point! (See below) I'm not saying everybody does this (especially most people who post on these forums, from what I can see) but there are definitely some people who will just vote against particular genres (or even people) that they do not like. It's a matter of personal taste over actual analysis of quality in an unbiased fashion. It's unfortunate, and I doubt there is anything anyone can do about it.  

Originally posted by wildheart

I think these are more voted on preference of movie like action to horror to romance to comedy. Not really best movie or worst movie. Just preference.
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 11:42am
Welcome Becky and thanks for posting your first post on my thread :,)
beckypryan View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote beckypryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 12:01am
Already up to 2 posts, and this makes 3!  LOL LOL

I typically do more reading than commenting, but I have a real interest in commenting on movies and seeing what other people think. 

I did not go to see Hangover II yet, and I may have to skip it in theaters and just download it, since it did not impress Razzie Forum folks.  

Becky
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 11:51pm
Welcome Becky... I hope you stick around (unlike those one-time posters we seem to have joining here)
beckypryan View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote beckypryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 11:21pm
New to the forum, 5 sounds like the way to go.
I am not for tearing people down but it would be interesting to see what people think are the top 5 worst.
Becky
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:14pm
Welcome to the board, wildheart. However, I disagree with your assessment. I have never cast a Worst Picture vote on the genre of the movie. I vote based on things like bad casting, performances, silly writing, continuity mistakes and unintentional humor, among other factors.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
wildheart View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote wildheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:11pm
I think these are more voted on preference of movie like action to horror to romance to comedy. Not really best movie or worst movie. Just preference.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Permit me to clarify terms:
For Twilight to get Razzies nominations is Miguel's obsession
For Twilight to win a Razzie would be Miguel's wet dream
Ah, so now we're breaking down Miguel's hatred of "Twilight" in categories, too?
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

People, people, in the end, the math doesn't work. 750 divided by 10, that's just not going to work. And like saturnwatcher and Michaels, I'm not helping to make Miguel's wet dream (I think that term should officially replace us calling it an "obsession") come true of "Twilight" getting Worst Picture because it got 30% of the vote! If you want ten Worst Picture nods, get as many friends and family members that you know to buy Razzie memeberships. If we have 10,000 or more voters, now we're talking. But damn, getting those kind of numbers won't be easy.
Permit me to clarify terms:
For Twilight to get Razzies nominations is Miguel's obsession
For Twilight to win a Razzie would be Miguel's wet dream
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 2:13pm
People, people, in the end, the math doesn't work. 750 divided by 10, that's just not going to work. And like saturnwatcher and Michaels, I'm not helping to make Miguel's wet dream (I think that term should officially replace us calling it an "obsession") come true of "Twilight" getting Worst Picture because it got 30% of the vote! If you want ten Worst Picture nods, get as many friends and family members that you know to buy Razzie memeberships. If we have 10,000 or more voters, now we're talking. But damn, getting those kind of numbers won't be easy.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>