Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on JUDY MOODY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Forum DISCUSSION of JUDY MOODY: BUMMER of a MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of JUDY MOODY: BUMMER of a MOVIE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of JUDY MOODY: BUMMER of a MOVIE
    Posted: June 13 2011 at 12:56pm

I have seen the trailer for this film and it holds no interest for me.

Areyouserious? View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Areyouserious? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 11:11am
I agree, and what's worse is that they took a perfectly fine book, and turned it into a lackluster live action film. I read those books as a child, and I STILL can't go to sleep knowing this is happening. What would've been wrong with just making the book into a cartoon? That way, they wouldn't have had to hire a half-spirited 13 year old being forced to make a crap film by her over-bearing mother.
I will be famous:) Till then I'll prove how ridiculous hollywood is.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2011 at 12:51pm
By the way, I don't even know what THIS movie is even about! Yeah, there's great marketing for you!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 4:38pm

The worse news is that later this year, we have to deal with more potential family film disasters: 'Mr. Popper's Penguins', 'Monte Carlo', 'Zookeeper', 'Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World', and 'Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked'. 

You can also add Dolphin Tale to that list if it's s**t, because it seems to be promoting 3D, which could be a nomination for 'Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3D'.

I see Charles Martin Smith is directing this, any of his films been Razzie-nominated?

Also, the fact that Harry Connick Jr. is starring in this alongside Morgan Freeman (who starred in 2007's Razzie-nominated Evan Almighty).
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2011 at 6:55pm
Just finished watching this. It was terrible, there was no plot to speak of, the little brother was annoying, Heather Graham should always wear roller-skates, etc. I'll review it during the day tomorrow and Clash Of The Titans 2010 tomorrow night.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 5:04pm
Time to review this.

The good:

Jordana Beatty: Beatty is decent as the titular Judy. She's annoying at times, but she's not as bad as her brother.

The bad:

Heather Graham: Roller-Girl falls on her ass trying to overcome the bad script for this.

John Schultz: Schultz is the director of this as well as Like Mike, Aliens In The Attic, The Honeymooners, Drive Me Crazy, and The Making Of Jurassic Park. Only one of those was good.

Jaleel White: What do you have to say about your bad performance White? "Did I do that?"

The ugly:

The script: There's barely any plot to this movie. The only constant plot is Judy's quest to have a good summer, but she keeps bungling it.

The bigfoot chase: You heard right, there's a chase scene involving bigfoot. He steals an ice-cream truck driven by Urkel The Hedgehog at one point. He turns out to by a guy in a bigfoot suit.

Parris Mosteller: He's Judy's bleached white-haired douche of a brother named Stink. During the bigfoot chase, I hoped that it would morph into a "Messin' With Sasquatch" commercial and he'd punt Stink into the sun like Thor and The Sentry at the end of Siege.

The LeMoyne library has a copy of Boogie Nights. I know what I'm renting tomorrow! Grade: D

Next-up: Clash Of The Titans 2010, I promise this time!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2013 at 2:05pm
I just saw this -- Boy, was I wrong when I wrote the following:
Originally posted by Vits

I don't know guys. I mean, yeah, it seems like it'll be an unfunny movie. But I didn't get the feeling it would set a bad example. JUDY MOODY just seems to want a fun summer, and it's not like she'll whine if she doesn't get what she wants...like in most movies of this kind.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12