Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member-started forum: CARS 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rraceCourtney View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rraceCourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member-started forum: CARS 2
    Posted: December 12 2011 at 6:05pm
But I think Cars 2 was very interesting, and my son liked it very much.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 12:32pm
RESPONSE from Vits: Apparently, it will be produced by DisneyToon Studios, not Pixar, and will be direct-to-DVD.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 12:06pm
Found this on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLyTzIslEQk

Any thoughts?
Airmario3 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Airmario3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2011 at 5:30pm
The first "Cars" may have been an OK film, but this sequel is terrible. This film MUST win a Razzie award (or at least get nominated for one)!  

Here are the awards I think this first "awful" PIXAR film should win: 

*Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel  

*Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D 

*Worst Actor (Larry Da Cay-bull g (Larry The Cable Guy) )

These are my predictions.

By the way, when will the Razzies give awards to the Direct-to-Dideo / Straight-to-DVD films?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Thanks for the feedback! Most people discussing CARS 2 declare it a "bitter disappointment" (especially considering its Pixar pedigree) but few consider it among 2011's Berry Worst. Doesn't mean it won't get nominations, but suggests it's not likely to be up for one of our Dis-Honors. 

As far as Direct-to-DVD titles, since our rules structure is taken from the guidelines for the Oscars, anything not theatrically released does not currently qualify. Here's a LINK to our Complete List of Eligible 2011 Releases, which includes our rule about how a movie qualifies for consideration from both our organization and the AMPAS. The main problem with including titles released only on home video is that they are even harder for members to actually see (let alone find available for rental or purchase) and would thus create problems of encouraging members to vote for films they most likely would have not have seen... 

SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 2:24pm
Both movies sucked big time. I walked out on both after the first 30 minutes. They are just excuses for Disney to make car-related, tie-in products.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 12:48pm
RESPONSE from Vits: I just saw it. It's message was a major hypocrisy. They spend 2/3 of the movie highlighting that MATER's a redneck, and then they try to make us feel bad for laughin' at him!

I give this 5/10 (I gave the 1st one a 6).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 12:10pm
RESPONSE from Vits: I hear you. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I was a foreign exchange student years ago, and I lived in a farm in a town called Lamar close to Missouri. So if there's someone that get under my skin is a redneck.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 10:56am
Here's what I think SHOULD be on the ballot....

Worst Actor:
Larry the Cable Guy/ CARS 2
Worst Sequel or Prequel: CARS 2

Making the sidekick played by Larry the Cable Guy, the main protagonist in this movie was the dumbest thing that Pixar could ever do.... At one point his red neck-towtruck really got under my skin...

And maybe....

Worst Picture: CARS 2
Worst Screenplay: Cars 2

The first one mainly because of the idea that Pixar follows it's two Best Picture-nominated films up with LARRY THE CABLE GUY: SECRET AGENT....
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 10:02pm
Firstly, welcome to the forums, towelk and the idea of doing a Finding Nemo sequel would be great, provided that they wouldn't screw it up. I was really begging for Pixar to have made a Incredibles sequel.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
towelk View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote towelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 8:32pm
I'm not sure if they will do a Nemo sequel. If they do, hope it would be good. Finding Nemo when it was released years ago, was my niece's favorite and almost 7 years later, it's my daughter's favorite, too. Hopefully, if they will make a sequel... sure that would be a hit, specially to my daughter. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

How could they make a Finding Nemo sequel? Maybe, it could by a Dory spin-off.

Also, my niece and nephew saw this yesterday and they enjoyed it.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 4:11pm
Don't believe everything Tom Hanks tell you. Pixar has no intentions of doing a fourth Toy Story, the only reason they would, would be because of Disney and even then John Lassenter is in charge of the animation department, and he doesn't like the idea of a fourth Toy Story 4.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 3:12pm
You're right, that ending was perfect and Toy Story should be finished.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

(Rango's path to Oscar glory keeps getting wider everyday).
Yep, that's the Best Animated Feature that I'm putting my office pool money on!
So am I, it was spectacular.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 2:42pm
RESPONSE from Vits: Click here to see my buddy Mitch's (he is a pro-critic) take on this movie. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Alpha And Omega was on the nominating ballot for Worst 3D last year and it was animated.

That one had worse reviews.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 1:47pm

And Disney/Pixar just annouced "Toy Story 4". UGH!!!! The ending to part three was perfect, there is NO need for a part four!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

(Rango's path to Oscar glory keeps getting wider everyday).
Yep, that's the Best Animated Feature that I'm putting my office pool money on!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>