Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l INFO on SPY KIDS 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SPY KIDS 4-D...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SPY KIDS 4-D...
    Posted: August 18 2011 at 11:08pm
I remember watching Spy Kids 2 a hundred times when I was a kid. I loved that movie!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As has (hopefully) been clarified here by now, no one here is arguing that the first 2 SPY KIDS films were RAZZIE®-worthy. Clearly, the series went "off the rails" with the 3rd/3-D installment, in which Stallone played five characters (and maybe should've "won" 5 RAZZIES®?). 

The idea of taking this franchise yet a 4th step after that fiasco seems to many of us to be begging for a RAZZing..

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 11:33pm
I remember seeing the trailer for this when I went to see 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2' with my family and even then I knew it was gonna suck. And when the trailer announced the movie would be in "4-D" with "Aroma-Scope" (Smell-o-Vision to some) I remember thinking to myself, "This is just getting ridiculous..."  
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 8:38am
While there's no consensus review just yet at R.T, I predict this will definitely stay in the 6-12% approval range.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 2:15pm
Will my ODORAMA card from Polyester work with this movie?
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 2:20pm
In a weekend were 4 new movies are released, you don't expect them all to bomb... However they did... Making Spy Kids 4D the highest grossing movie among the new releases... link
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 3:57pm
I suspect a lot of the new films are bombing because of the 3-D. It's been an ongoing trend this year, while all the 2-D flicks are doing fantastically well, like The Help and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which is unfortunate because some of these 3=D films are quite good, like the Fright Night remake.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2011 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Vheid

In a weekend were 4 new movies are released, you don't expect them all to bomb... However they did... Making Spy Kids 4D the highest grossing movie among the new releases... link

Spy Kids production budget was only 27 million. Making almost half of it in it's first weekend is not a bomb. Also these movies really don't cost anything to make.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Vits

While there's no consensus review just yet at R.T, I predict this will definitely stay in the 6-12% approval range.

It's actually 22% right now and still no consensus.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 2:04pm
There should be a law banning Robert Rodriguez from making anymore kids movies. Especially since he makes some of the most entertaining, gory, and funnest r-rated action movies out there. it's such a shame to see him do something as low brow as this. It pains me to say this but i think he probably needs another razzie nod, if nothing else maybe it will help him wake up and realize that he needs to stop this crap and start making Sin City 2.
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 3:24pm
Actually there should be a law banning people from writing scripts based on their children's ideas.Not kidding,he does that.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 6:11pm
I really wish Robert Rodriquez wouldn't keep going back to kiddie movies just so he can make a few extra dollars, because he sucks at it! The CGI in his kiddie movies looks like bad Photoshop that was thrown together over the weekend. He should stick with what he does best: Hard R-rated, action flicks! 
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
pasim View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote pasim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 5:47am
This has been around for too long and has become a bad franchise, even for kids. 
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 5:15pm
Except for the first two, which were critically acclaimed.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 5:59pm
Oops, you beat me to what I was going to post. I just watched "Machete", and while it's far from being a perfect movie, it is tons of fun! That is what Rodriguez should be doing more of, not this kiddie ca-ca. I know Vits hates the sfx from "Ghostbusters", but those sfx look like stuff out of "Avatar" compared to what Robert put in this franchise and his other kid-friendly movies like "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" and "Short". *Cringes*

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

There should be a law banning Robert Rodriguez from making anymore kids movies. Especially since he makes some of the most entertaining, gory, and funnest r-rated action movies out there. it's such a shame to see him do something as low brow as this. It pains me to say this but i think he probably needs another razzie nod, if nothing else maybe it will help him wake up and realize that he needs to stop this crap and start making Sin City 2.

"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 6:14pm
So Mayhem5185 doesn't want Robert Rodriguez to make anymore kids-under-13 movies? I daresay you speak for everyone here. You know what we should do? We should sanction him! The sanction would decree that all the rest of his films be aimed at age 13+ audiences. Sin City is his best example; it was the 39th of my 40 Best Films of 2005. That very spring, unfortunately, he released The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3D

Also, I must ask, HeadRAZZBerry: Why didn't Shark & Lava get a forum here?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: SHARK BOY & LAVA GIRL was long enough ago that I don't think we had started doing weekly Forum discussions yet. 

FUN FOOTNOTE: Guess who played Shark Boy (PHOTO LINK)?   HINT: He now plays a shirtless werewolf in Forum Member Miguel's favorite movie franchise, for which he's been a RAZZIE® nominee twice....so far.   

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 9:03pm
In honor of "Spy Kids 4" (*cringes*), here's an article about bad CGI in mainstream movies that you would expect from much lower budgeted movies. Proving once and for all, sometimes you're better off with a costumed stuntman, a remote controlled puppet, a small scale model, or a mat painting, because they are often cheaper anyway, and look more convincing than rushed CG.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/6-awesomely-bad-cgi-sequences-in-bigger-budget-movies-part-one.php
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>