Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l Info on WHY DOES SHE DO IT ANYWAY?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Feedback on HOW'S SHE GONNA DO IT?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Feedback on HOW'S SHE GONNA DO IT?!?
    Posted: September 15 2011 at 9:14am
IF YOU'RE ONE of the 173 MILLION AMERICANS WHO REFUSE to EVER PAY MONEY to SEE a SARAH JESSICA PARKER MOVIE, HERE's WHERE to POST YOUR REASONS WHY...  

IF YOU'D LIKE to READ YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY's COMMENTS on THIS FILM, CLICK HERE...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 10:11am
As far as I'm concerned, Sarah Jessica Parker is now forever linked to her Sex and the City character, and any movie she appears in will be overshadowed by her "All I care about is money, fashion, and sex" attitude that Carrie Bradshaw was/is known for. 

In other words, to me, all her movies are just spin-offs of Sex and the City.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 10:45am

First 'W.E.' gets panned at Venice, now this gets a Member Forum. Let's see how good Harvey Weinstein is at running Razzie campaigns (The Weinstein Company is behind both films)... 

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 12:23pm
Sarah Jessica Parker's only good movie was ED WOOD. And I don't think that anyone here will disagree with me.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Least of all me -- I consider ED WOOD (IMDb LINK) the single best "homage to bad movie-making" ever made by mainstream Hollywood...though I'm not sure how much SJP had to do with its being so good). 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 2:01pm
Don't forget that Parker's role in Mars Attacks was also good.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 2:55pm
R.T.Rating: 20-30%  

"A limp comedy with a hopelessly outdated viewpoint on gender, featuring Sarah Jessica Parker in rote CARRIE-mode."
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 5:50pm

Nice to know this is being noticed, but what about Straw Dogs?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 6:13pm
STRAW DOGS doesn't even have an R.T. concensus.It's more likely it will go unnoticed at the box office.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 7:51pm
Did anyone else notice that for 2 weeks in a row, the Worst New Movies' titles consisted of 7 words? 

Sarah Jessica is one of my most hated actresses ever. I heard once that the original Sex & the City show focused mostly on abstract womanly issues, while the two movies, especially the 2nd one, focused on material obsession. Hate to say it, but I think Sex & the City 2 got RAZZED a little too much. Did You Hear About the Morgans? was #9 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2009 precisely because it starred her. I don't know what this film is supposed to be about exactly, only that it's an insult to accountants and architects across America.

On the bright side, State & Main was #31 on my Top 40 Films of 2000.  

For my front-runners list, I'll add Sarah Jessica for this (and New Year's Eve).
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 7:52pm
Not to mention, Parker is so painfully unattractive. The best line she has ever spoken was in ED WOOD, when she said: "Do I really have a face like a horse?"  

Yes, Sarah, you do ... you really, REALLY do!  
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 8:00pm
The thing isn't just that she's unattractive -- it's that no-one in the industry* seems to notice.

*except Seth MacFarlane,  Matt Stone and Trey Parker
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 11:26am
SchumacherH8ter: Watch The Family Stone and get back to me. That movie was great.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Sarah Jessica Parker's only good movie was ED WOOD. And I don't think that anyone here will disagree with me. 
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 12:52pm
I don't know....The Family Stone did have its moments as well.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 2:25pm
Richard Roeper gave it a C.
Originally posted by Vits

STRAW DOGS doesn't even have an R.T. concensus.It's more likely it will go unnoticed at the box office.
Oops!My bad!It has 35-40%:"This remakes streamlines the plot but ultimately makes a fatal mistake:It celebrates violence".
Originally posted by moviewizguy

SchumacherH8ter: Watch The Family Stone and get back to me. That movie was great.
I gave it 7/10.Like most people,I think it's one her best performances...but you can't deny her character shares similarities with CARRIE BRADSHAW.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 2:48pm
I've already seen The Family Stone and my opinion still stands.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 4:28pm
"Family Stone" is a prime example of the "Carrie Bradshaw in a non-SATC movie". The title should have been "Carrie Bradshaw Visits Her Future Inlaws For Christmas". Yes, it had some good moments, but overall, fail! 2/5.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>