Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

KILLER ELITE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KILLER ELITE
    Posted: July 01 2012 at 3:51pm
Skip to 03:28.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 5:06pm
As a matter of fact, all 3 leads in this film have also been in direct-to-DVD movies this year (obviously I don't see the point of mentioning them by name).
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 4:42pm
Statham probably keeps getting lead roles because his movies make more money on DVD and/or international sales than they do in American multiplexes. Foreign grosses and DVDs are now two factors that Hollywood lives off of, and use as an excuse to make sequels to movies that otherwise "underperformed" in America.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 2:56pm
This year,Jason Statham played the same role as always in THE MECHANIC(and I'm sure he does it here too),and he applied more variety to his resume with GNOMEO & JULIET.And Robert DeNiro took a break from grabbing quick paychecks to do something more serious in LIMITLESS*...except he slept through that one even more than the FOCKERS trilogy.Could these 2 be contenders?Probably not,since their movies were quickly forgotten,and this one will be too.

*To be fair,he did that in last year's STONE(5/10),which showed that even when he tries,he's not that good anymore.

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 11:59am
Another action film starring Jason Statham (an actor who shouldn't even be elligable for leading man status in these kind of films with a production budget this high, because he's really not all that bankable), with Clive Owen and Robert DeNiro (in desperate need of a better agent?), tagging along for the ride. Rated 24% at Rotten Tomatoes, with a higher production budget and a lower box office take than Abduction (ouch!). This one sounds like a real killer allright -- a career killer, that is! 

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/killer_elite_2011/

Post Reply Post Reply