Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > 2005 Nominations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2005 Nominees

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Karrb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 Nominees
    Posted: February 01 2006 at 4:29am
I don't think Tom Cruise should be nominated as Worst Actor.  Are you people mad
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 5:05am
In response to "Karrb" above: If you mean are we mad in the same sense that Howard Beale in NETWORK was mad ("We're mad as Hell, and we're not going to take this anymore!") then, yes. And we apparently  are not alone in our lowly opinion of Mr. Cruise's thespain efforts: Check out the results of the first annual Worst of the Year Poll on The IMDb -- Guess which film and actor are leading the pack??
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Princy View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Princy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 7:36am

I was sorry to see Nick's (Lachey) name on most tiresome tabloid target - I wish it would have included (BIG DADDY) Joe instead....

But I do understand the tabloid's are relentless -

next year - BRANGELINA & baby! ! ! !

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:52am

I'm not saying Tom didn't deserve a nomination, but the IMDB polls have little merit. They usually vote for someone that they don't like as a person, rather than as an actor. In 2003 Colin Farrell finished fifth for worst supporting actor for Daredevil, which he was not only nominated for Best Villain for, but gave the film's only good performance in. This year William Hurt, early on, was on both the best and worst list for his ( Oscar nominated, New York film critics and Los Angeles critics award winning, as well as at least three different online critics nominated) role in a History of Violence. He didn't make either list, but still, he was great in that role. And there Best list is sometimes weird too, Johnny Depp, who was on our ballot finished sixth for Best  actor, while Daniel Radcliffe finished ahead of Philip Seymour Hoffman (!!!) for Best actor

Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robertin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 11:19am

For the most part, the nominations are fair and correct, as we all have seen during our time in the forums. The Cruise nomination, however, has to be checked, since we have some others who deserved that spot better (Slater, Kutcher et al).

It´s somehow satisfying to see the nominees for worst actress, both lead and supporting, since all of them did real bad in their respective films, we´re going to have real excitement with these ladies. The competition is tough!!!!!!!!

joe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:45pm
Will the Razzies stream over the internet this year?

moomoo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote moomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 4:47am

I'm SO SICK Tom Cruise's "acting"! It's overwhelmingly terrible and way, way overdone. Every dramatic scene goes like this: his hair shakes, his eyebrows simulate "angry/worried/whatever," yelling or oddly emphasized voice tone ensues, shaking extends to other limbs and then to the whole body, shaking contaminates costar within grasp (Run, Dakota Fanning, RUN!), and if he's really into the character, we might even get an extra, super-special-cos-he-really-cares eye twitch (see "Magnolia").

dkdarley View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote dkdarley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 7:38am

let's make a new list---people we don't want to be cloned!

Three cheers for Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise (unless we get a sofa for him to jump on) and any actor in The Brady Bunch.

spotty View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote spotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 9:46am
The Rock and Jessica Alba didn't deserve their nominations.

I'm pretty much down with the rest of the nominations.  I am glad to see that
Will Ferrell is finally getting some attention for his lousy and totally witless non-humor.  I have no idea why this guy is successful in Hollywood.  I haven't seen him do anything funny yet.
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 2:38pm
I think Miss Katie Holmes doesn't deserve her nomination. She wasn't that bad. I think the Razzies are jumping on the Holmes/Cruise-hating bandwagon!
KewlKid View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KewlKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:31am
Teen queen Hilary Duff should NOT be on that list! She is very talented and people just can't see that. Same goes with last year's nomiantions.
Haroon View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Haroon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:33am

Tom Cruise should not be nominated as worst actor and jennifer lopez better win that award cause shes a horrible actress.. shes only known cause or her ass... and as for hilary duff.. truthfully (if thats a word) i dont want her to win this award cause she has a hot ass and i love her for that

well thanks for reading my opinion darlings

bye

KID23 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KID23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 9:01am
Are you guys seriously telling me that you didn't think Slater in Alone in the Dark was a top 5 terrible performance of the year.  The guy is utter trash yet b/c you can't stand Tom Cruise you denounce his only saving grace....acting ability.  Get real!!!  OH yeah Cedric the Entertainer...Honey Mooners, Man of the House... sweet fancy god that man has no talent.
Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robertin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 9:36am

Dear Haroon:

I believe that here in this forum we´re all able to read the normal letter of it, so please spare us the headache of reading such overwhelming font you´re using, we´ll get your point with or without it.

Dear KewlKid:

It´s not that we don´t see that she is not talented, it´s that there´s nothing to see because she´s not talented.

Thanks

malcolm View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote malcolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:17am

Bewitched, house of wax should not have been nominated.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes should not have been nominated either

Forgot Rob Schneider View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Forgot Rob Schneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:39am
he's also up for three awards: Worst Actor, Worst Screen Couple and Worst Screenplay.. same as Tom Cruise, Jessica Simpson and Jenny McCarthy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>