Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Official RAZZIE Take on TRESPASS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLotsa Folks'll Take a PASS on This One...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lotsa Folks'll Take a PASS on This One...
    Posted: October 12 2011 at 11:12am
SOME MOVIES PILE UP RAZZIE® CREDENTIALS LIKE MULTIPLE CARS in a SERIOUS PILE-UP on a FOGGY FREEWAY -- TRESPASS, for EXAMPLE. 

IT STARS 1995 BEST ACTOR OSCAR WINNER (and 3-TIME RAZZIE® CONTENDER) NICOLAS CAGE (WHO's ALREADY GOT SEASON of the WITCH and DRIVE ANGRY to HIS "CREDIT" for 2011). IT CO-STARS 2002 BEST ACTRESS OSCAR WINNER (and 2004 WORST SCREEN COUPLE CO-"WINNER" for BEWITCHED) NICOLE KIDMAN. ALSO IN ITS CAST IS BURLESQUE 'PRETTY BOY' CAM GIGANDET. AND IT WAS DIRECTED by 1997 WORST DIRECTOR NOMINEE (and HACK-for-HIRE) JOEL (BATMAN & ROBIN) SCHUMACHER.

WITH ALL of THAT GOING for IT, THIS WAS HARDLY a CANDIDATE for WIDE RELEASE: TRESPASS WAS TROTTED OUT in ONLY a HANDFUL of THEATRES the SAME WEEKEND as the SURPRISINGLY WELL-REVIEWED FOOTLOOSE REMAKE, the 60-YEARS-LATER (OR IS THAT 29-YEARS-LATER?) 'PREQUEL' to THE THING and the UN-SCREENED STEVE MARTIN COMEDY THE BIG YEAR. NO ONE EXPECTED to SEE IT ANYWHERE NEAR the TOP of the B.O. MoJo WEEKEND CHART -- BUT WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS HIGH-PROFILE a MOVIE WOULD END UP GROSSING a TOTAL of LESS THAN $25,000 (LINK)?!?  

IF YOU'D LIKE EVERYONE to SEE WHAT YOU THINK of TRESPASS, HERE's the LINK to LET IT RIP!  

UPDATE: TRESPASS HAS STOLEN the TITLE PREVIOUSLY HELD by 2003 WORST PICTURE NOMINEE FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY.  JUSTIN WENT from THEATRICAL RELEASE to DVD in LESS THAN a MONTH...BUT TRESPASS HAS CUT KELLY's LAND SPEED RECORD NEARLY in HALF -- DEBUTING on DVD and BLU-RAY a MERE 18 DAYS(!) AFTER IT "PREMIERED" on 10 SCREENS in OCTOBER of 2011... 

CAGE: "If I had a choice between being blown 
away by that gun or finally 'winning' a long overdue 
Worst Actor RAZZIE®, I'd choose --Wait a minute...
I'm thinking, I'm thinking..." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply