Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR
    Posted: January 21 2012 at 7:19am
Originally posted by billingsley

Originally posted by The Larch

Billingsley: HOW is Owen Wilson "in the lead  to win the Golden Globe "?  

at the time, all the magazines were raving about Owen Wilson and Midnight in Paris and how he would take the Globe

What magazines were those, "Not a Chance"" & "We Don't Know What We're Talking About Weekly"?
                                                                                                                                                       Because it's nice to give a razzie to somebody who's gong to win a Noscar.                                                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                                           Yeah, that makes a load of sense Confused; not that it applies to Owen Wilson, who'll "win" neither...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2013 BY FAR- RZA in GI Joe 2 & Jackie Weaver in Parkland (tie)!
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by The Larch

Billingsley: HOW is Owen Wilson "in the lead  to win the Golden Globe "? Have there been polls taken to find out (NO)? Also, you are aware that the likes of Adam Sandler, Martin Lawrence, Kevin James, Taylor Lautner, Nicolas Cage, Alex Pettyfer, and most certainly Nick Swardson Dead were MUCH worse, right?  

Jean Dujardin, won it, but at the time, all the magazines were raving about Owen Wilson and Woody Allen and Midnight in Paris and how it would take all the Globes and that it would lead to a first place position in the Oscar race. 

Because it's nice to give a razzie to somebody who's gong to win a Noscar. I think Sandra Bullock's Best Actress win in 09 also lead to her also winning Worst Actress that same year. 
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2012 at 9:47pm
I just saw "The Change Up" with Reynolds and Bateman. I bet the razzies have already been decided at this point, but I just want to throw my opinion in there
Bateman and Reynolds were terrible, in both bodies. 
Def consider them for worst actor and worst screen couple. 
The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 9:53am
Billingsley: HOW is Owen Wilson "in the lead  to win the Golden Globe "? Have there been polls taken to find out (NO)? Also, you are aware that the likes of Adam Sandler, Martin Lawrence, Kevin James, Taylor Lautner, Nicolas Cage, Alex Pettyfer, and most certainly Nick Swardson Dead were MUCH worse, right?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, I just checked out the website for The Golden Globs (LINK)  and, from their list for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy, my guess would be that they'd go with Jean Dujardin for THE ARTIST. In fact, given that the voting membership for the Globs is almost entirely made up of "Foreign Press," and THE ARTIST is (technically at least) a "foreign film" that seems to be the odds-on favorite in most awards shows this year, I wouldn't be surprised if ARTIST "swept" the Globs this Sunday night...  

FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2013 BY FAR- RZA in GI Joe 2 & Jackie Weaver in Parkland (tie)!
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 8:13am
No, sorry --  that seems like a stupid reason...   

Originally posted by billingsley

It may be a good idea to give Worst Actor to Owen Wilson for The Big Year because he's in the lead to win the golden globe for Best Actor m/c for Midnight in Paris. 
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 6:43pm
YES I agree! Before I changed to Adam Sandler, my Worst Actor pick was "All 3 Wolfpack Members"from Hangover II...    

Originally posted by travis112096

@AndP
if bradley cooper is on here, then ed helms and zach galfianakis have to be added so they are all nominated together.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 6:42pm
It may be a good idea to give Worst Actor to Owen Wilson for The Big Year because he's in the lead to win the golden globe for Best Actor m/c for Midnight in Paris. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just to be clear, Billingsley -- You do understand that our awards are not merely "given," they are actually voted on by hundreds of Voting RAZZIE® Members in about 45 US states and 17 foreign countries..??  

travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 11:06pm
@AndP
if bradley cooper is on here, then ed helms and zach galfianakis have to be added so they are all nominated together.

The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 8:57am
Nick Swardson was only a lead in Bucky Larson (for the last time, I assume), the rest of his parts in 2011 were supporting roles... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: On the Nominating Ballot (which is about to go "in the mail") Swardson will be listed for only BUCKY LARSON in Worst Actor, and separately for both JACK & JILL and JUST GO WITH IT as Worst Supporting Actor. As has been discussed repeatedly elsewhere on this Forum, 30 MINUTES OR LESS does not appear to be an obvious target for RAZZIE® wrath... 

ABC View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 7:48am

I hope Razzie Members will enlarge EACH category to at least 10 nominees!

These guys, I think,  undoubtedly front-runners: 

Nick Swardson - Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star/Just Go with It/30 Minutes or Less/Jack and Jill (I have nothing against him, but with so many flops he'll be a winner) 
Adam Sandler - Jack and Jill/Just Go with It 
Robert Pattinson - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. Part 1/Water for Elephants 
Taylor Lautner - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. Part 1/Abduction 
Danny McBride - Your Highness/30 Minutes or Less 
Shia LaBeouf - Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
Ryan Reynolds - Green Lantern/The Change-Up 
Nicolas Cage - Drive Angry/Season of the Witch/Trespass 
Daniel Craig - Cowboys & Aliens/Dream House 
Alex Pettyfer - I Am Number Four/Beastly/In Time 

I know it won't happen but Justin Timberlake for Friends with Benefits/Bad Teacher and esp. In Time is my personal top choice. 
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 10:19pm
Here are my picks for Worst Actor:  

Russell Brand in Arthur and Hop, 
Every Male Actor in New Year's Eve,
Taylor Launter in Breaking Wind Part 1 and Abduction, 
Adam Sandler in Jack & Jill and Just (don't) Go with It, 
Nick Swardson in Bucky Larson Born to (never) Be a Star 

AndP View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 7:54pm
My list, with a few I haven't seen brought up yet:

Paul Bettany - Priest 
Justin Bieber - Never Say Never (If Sarah Palin counts, then so should he) 
Russell Brand - Arthur, Hop 
Nicolas Cage - Season of the Witch, Drive Angry, Trespass 
Bradley Cooper - The Hangover Part II 
Daniel Craig - Cowboys & Aliens, Dream House 
Jesse Eisenberg - 30 Minutes or Less (Agree that the movie was more mediocre, but he follows up a career high, multi-award nominated performance with this??) 
Topher Grace - Take Me Home Tonight 
Jonah Hill - The Sitter 
Emile Hirsch - The Darkest Hour 
Kevin James - Zookeeper, The Dilemma 
Ashton Kutcher - No Strings Attached, New Year's Eve 
Shia LaBeouf - Tranformers 3 
Taylor Lautner - Abduction, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 
Martin Lawrence - Big Mommas 
James Marsden - Straw Dogs, Hop 
Danny McBride - Your Highness 
Jason Momoa - Conan the Barbarian 
Robert Pattinson - Water for Elephants, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 
Ryan Reynolds - Green Lantern, The Change Up 
Adam Sandler - Jack and Jill, Just Go With It 
Jason Statham - The Mechanic, Killer Elite 
Nick Swardson - Bucky Larson 
Channing Tatum - The Son of No One, Eagle 

Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 5:38pm
A couple of people have suggested Super 8 for Worst Picture. Some people really hated it. Just like 30 minutes or Less. I guess any film is fair game??    

Originally posted by Vits

HeadRAZZ (and others) have already said these movies/performances aren't "Razzie worthy."
BlackRose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BlackRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 5:10pm
I know he "won" just last year, but if your worst actor list overlooks Ashton Kutcher (who totally sucked in No Strings Attached) then I don't personally think it's complete...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My guess is that Kutcher, who had a surprisingly successful 2011 in spite of his two-title Worst Actor "win" last February, would garner a lot of votes on our Nominating Ballot. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 4:03pm
HeadRAZZ (and others) have already said these movies/performances aren't "Razzie worthy."  

Originally posted by travis112096

30 minutes or less for danny mcbride
water for elephants for robert pattinson
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 3:59pm
Could you please add these movies for these actors to the poll:

The Change-Up for Ryan Reynolds
30 Minutes or Less for Danny McBride
Hop for Russell Brand
Water for Elephants for Robert Pattinson  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Thanks for the feedback, but all of the suggestions you make above have already been discussed (and largely dismissed) elsewhere on this Forum... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>