Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE DEVIL INSIDE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of DEVIL INSIDE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of DEVIL INSIDE
    Posted: January 01 2012 at 8:31am
SO. IS THIS ONE HELLUVA BAD MOVIE, or WHAT?!? 

BELOW IS WHERE to POST YOUR FIENDISH FEEDBACK...

...and HERE's the LINK to READ WHAT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY HAD to SAY ABOUT THE DEVIL INSIDE...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 9:19am
Not really sure we should put much focus on this. Heck, the only person that stars in this movie that has a Wiki page is this guy named Simon Quarterman.

And now, a little off topic, but I think I want to showcase what to really look out for in January: Contraband, Joyful Noise, Underworld: Awakening, Man on a Ledge, and One for the Money.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 11:07am
One For The Money is, easily, going to be the worst of those movies. In fact, that's the one "non-Seltzerberg" movie that I'm dreading the most!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 1:53pm
I am kind of fearing that (with the box office being the way it is) we might be looking forward to a lot more "found footage" horror movies.... These are (thanks to their cheap budgets) very safe bets for the studios...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'm sure it's not a coincidence that DEVIL INSIDE is being released by Paramount, the same studio that has reaped such enormous profits from the PARANORMAL franchise, which is arguably the impetus for the "rebirth" of this "genre" (which dates back to BLAIR WITCH over a decade ago)...

Originally posted by oiram

And now, a little off topic, but I think I want to showcase what to really look out for in January: Contraband, Joyful Noise, Underworld: Awakening, Man on a Ledge, and One for the Money.

I'd personally add Red Tails to that list.... and maybe lose Contraband (which looks kind of bland and doesn't look very memorable). But that's just my opinion....

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

One For The Money is, easily, going to be the worst of those movies. In fact, that's the "non-Seltzerberg" movie that I'm dreading the most!

It would be mine too... If THIS weren't the year of the Battleship-movie....

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 3:06pm
Pardon my self-important tone, but didn't I bring this movie up? It looked to me like the worst film for the first weekend of the year, in other words, the first bad film out of the gate in 2012. If my memory (or rather the old release schedules for every year since Y2K) is correct, these are the past "First Bad Films Out Of the Gate":

2000: Isn't She Great (#14 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2000)
2001: The Wedding Planner (#9 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2001)
2002: either Slackers (#37) or the 4th Tenor (#36)
2003: Just Married (#13 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2003)
2004Along Came Polly (#10 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2004)
2005: White Noise (#31 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2005)
2006: BloodRayne (#3 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2006)
2007: Happily N'Ever After (#27) and Code Name: The Cleaner (#6)
2008: One Missed Call (#29 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2008)
2009: Bride Wars (#10) and The Unborn (#19)
2010: Leap Year (#36) and Crazy on the Outside (Dishonorable Mention)
2011: Season of the Witch (Most likely will be #7 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2011)

Now it's come to this. At first, I thought this film meant trouble because The Devil Inside is also the name of a video game, and the reputation of video game movies is obvious. This film will at least be worth this discussion if it gets below 20% at Rotten T, and will warrant our (or at least MY) attention if it gets below 10% at Rotten T and/or less than 25% at Metacritic.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 3:57pm
I don't know Vheid -- I think Battleship has the potential to be a laugh riot, unlike One For The Money.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Vheid

I'd personally add Red Tails to that list.... and maybe lose Contraband (which looks kind of bland and doesn't look very memorable). But that's just my opinion....

I would like to point out that Mark Whalberg and Giovanni Ribisi, two of the stars of Contraband, are also going to be in a movie called Ted, which will be written by, directed by, and featuring the voice of Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy. Kate Beckinsale, who's also in Contraband, will also star in Underworld 4 and Total Remake- I mean, Recall. So, no, don't lose Contraband.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 5:41pm
I'd personally add Red Tails to that list.... and maybe lose Contraband (which looks kind of bland and doesn't look very memorable). But that's just my opinion...  

It would be mine too... If this weren't "the year of the Battleship-movie"...  

One For The Money is, easily, going to be the worst of those movies. In fact, that's the "non-Seltzerberg" movie that I'm dreading the most!

[/QUOTE]Why Red tails, it has possibly potentional to be good. Are you simply attacking it because it has Cuba Gooding Jr, in a non Straight to DVD release?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 5:38am
Okay were really going off topic here, but here it goes....

I don't know Vheid -- I think Battleship has the potential to be a laugh riot, unlike One For The Money.

In my mind, it is the final installment of a unofficial Flashy Invasion-trilogy, the other movies in that trilogy being Skyline and Battle: L.A., and I doubt if this movie will be much funnier as those other two...

Talking about Skyline... isn't Skyline 2 also supposed to be released this year....

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Why Red tails, it has possibly potentional to be good. Are you simply attacking it because it has Cuba Gooding Jr, in a non Straight to DVD release?

Cuba has nothing to do with it... It's multiple factors that makes me believe that it will be bad... The director (who's only other film is rated at 24% on RT), the producer being George Lucas, the fact that it's a movie with an oscar-baity premise being released in January, but most of all the special effects... I don't know if you've seen the trailer (if not here's a link) but there are some very cheap looking CGI planes in the movie and more importantly a lot of the fight scenes with the planes look like CGI-overload.... There is just simply too much happening on the screen.... I kind of have the same gut-feeling as I had with the special effects in movies like Sucker Punch and Battle: L.A....

I could still be wrong off course... The non-CGI parts might be very good and inspiring... maybe the reviews will be okay... It's clearly just an opinion of mine and you can give it as much value as you want...
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 7:07am
For this, I shall keep my post short and sweet:

It's a Devil, it's inside (something) and it's kicking off our list of contenders for 2012's Razzies...
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Vheid

Okay were really going off topic here, but here it goes....

In my mind, it is the final installment of a unofficial Flashy Invasion-trilogy, the other movies in that trilogy being Skyline and Battle: L.A., and I doubt if this movie will be much funnier as those other two...

Talking about Skyline... isn't Skyline 2 also supposed to be released this year....

Why Red tails, it has possibly potentional to be good. Are you simply attacking it because it has Cuba Gooding Jr, in a non Straight to DVD release?

Cuba has nothing to do with it... It's multiple factors that makes me believe that it will be bad... The director (who's only other film is rated at 24% on RT), the producer being George Lucas, the fact that it's a movie with an oscar-baity premise being released in January, but most of all the special effects... I don't know if you've seen the trailer (if not here's a link) but there are some very cheap looking CGI planes in the movie and more importantly a lot of the fight scenes with the planes look like CGI-overload.... There is just simply too much happening on the screen.... I kind of have the same gut-feeling as I had with the special effects in movies like Sucker Punch and Battle: L.A....

I could still be wrong off course... The non-CGI parts might be very good and inspiring... maybe the reviews will be okay... It's clearly just an opinion of mine and you can give it as much value as you want...

George Lucas hasn't even produced any films outside of Star Wars and Indiana Jones in years (and both of those scored Fresh Ratings on Rotten Tomatoes might I add). The only thing he has produced with negative reviews was the Star Wars animated film, and even that spawned a successful animated series. Just because you don't like him (and a lot of people don't), doesn't mean critics hate Lucasfilms in general.

Also this is the first feature motion picture for the director. What movie has he done that has scored 24% on rotten tomatoes, because I can't find it?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 11:30am
Whatsthepoint, Okay... forget Lucas...forget the director... It's still a January-release with some awfull looking special-effects and therefor doesn't look to me like a movie that will be very succesfull with critics and audiences... Is it Razzie-worthy... I honoustly don't know.... We'll just have to see when the reviews come in....

Also this is the first feature motion picture for the director. What movie has he done that has scored 24% on rotten tomatoes, because I can't find it?

My mistake... he starred in a movie that has scored 24% on RT....
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 11:51am
I don't know about this one. At first, it seemed like a forgettable, bland film. However, the recent red band trailer peaked my interest quite a bit because I wasn't expecting this to be rated R. It could go either way, I suppose.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 12:53pm
Wow! When I read that THE DARKEST HOUR was the last forum of 2011, I didn't think we'd have another one right away.

I haven't even read about this week's releases so I'll trust that this one deserves the forum.

As for the first releases of each year, if you look at GTA's list, you'll notice that those movies had reasons to be remembered by the end of the year, mainly having Razzie nominees, winners or contenders. But I can't find an abvious reason for this to be considered... 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 3:27pm
Because it looks crappy?  

Originally posted by Vits

Wow! As for the first releases of each year, if you look at GTA's list, you'll notice that those movies had reasons to be remembered by the end of the year, mainly having Razzie nominees, winners or contenders. But I can't find a reason for this to be even considered.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 4:59pm
Vheid, do you have anything to say about what I said?
EDIT: If I may, I would like to point out all remakes and sequels coming out (I don't mean all BAD ones, I mean all of them.), almost as is to say to HeadRazz "Yes, we have enough to split the category again."

SEQUELS: Underworld: Awakening, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vegeance (Pseudo-sequel), Wrath of the Titans, American Reunion, The Avengers (sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger,The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and Thor), Men in Black III, Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, Prometheus (prequel to Alien), G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Ice Age: Continental Drift, The Dark Knight Rises, Step Up 4, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, The Bourne Legacy, The Expendables 2, Resident Evil: Retribution, Taken 2, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, Halloween 3D, Skyfall (James Bond movie), The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and This Is Forty (Pseudo-sequel to Knocked Up).

REMAKES: Contraband (remake of Reykjavík-Rotterdam), Journeyy 2: The Mysterious Isalnd (Rip-off of Mysterious Island), Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vegeance, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, The Raven, 21 Jump Street, Mirror Mirror, The Hunger Games (Rip-off of Battle Royale), The Three Stooges, Movie 43 (Rip-off of many films), Dark Shadows, The Dictator (Rip-off of The Great Dictator), Battleship, Snow White & The Huntsman, Jack the Giant Killer, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (Rip-off of Lincoln), The Amazing Spider-Man, Total Recall, Saprkle, Warm Bodies (Rip-off of Romeo and Juliet), Dredd (Remake of Judge Dredd), Hotel Transylvania, Frankenweenie, Here Comes the Boom (Rip-off of Nacho Libre), Red Dawn, Rise of the Guardians, Les Misérables, and The Great Gatsby.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>