Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MORONS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MORONS!
    Posted: March 04 2012 at 10:10am
This post sums up the reason why I hate the IMDb forums and the sort of people who thrive within them (uncivilised with a clear lack of morals)...
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 9:07am
Actually, I think the lack of backlash this year has a rather different explanation. The only movie that was nominated that has a fanbase likely to provide anything of that nature is the Twilight crowd. They've pretty much had their say the previous two trips around and I don't think any of them are all that passionate about defending the latest installment. Besides, it doesn't appear all that likely to win unless Bucky Larsen and Jack and Jill manage a huge vote split.  It isn't like there are energetic Adam Sandler apologists out there; at least any that actually know how to turn on a computer.Wink
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 2:47am
Mayhem, I think it has something to do with the HeadRAZZ not starting a special forum for criticism.... Those forums were always open to non-members (guests).... I think that a lot of people just not willing to sign in before ranting.....

Sorry for the bad grammer in this post.... I am typing this with great difficulty from my smartphone....
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 4:05pm
Hmm, i am surprised that the "backlash" this year is very light, usually after the nominees are announced the forum is lighted up with the usual one time forum posters complaining about why we razz this and that. Twi-Hards you are disappointing me...
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 6:25pm
First of all, if you offer a 146 word post without a single punctuation mark, yes, that is ripe for criticism. Second, you obviously aren't very well informed about the Razzies or the history of the organization. How much money a movie makes is typically a rather minor point of consideration when we are deciding whether or not it is worthy of our consideration. Third, yes, you have a right to express any opinions you may hold on this board. However, it would lend considerably more credibility to your thoughts if they were expressed in a reasonably coherent fashion. I typically don't offer a lot of criticisms on posts based on occasional spelling or gramatical errors. I have been guilty of them myself more than once. However, marginally coherent, run-on posts of the nature of the two you have presented so far don't lend much weight to the value of your opinions.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Davidmdauer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Davidmdauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 4:02pm
Ok first thing if your going make fun of how I spell you shouldnt even be voting shows how much class u have and yes I do have a problem with the movies that get pick because all u people judge a movie on is how much it makes and cant understand the point of the move u dont need to vote for it yes I do agree there are some really bad movies out there but thise people put alot into them no matter how bad they are they dont deserve to be made fools of how would u like if u got a award like this for being a screw up and have it on tv and everyplace else am not srry for what I said its true it just how I feel about it I have a rite too say that if u cant handle it dint reply to my post  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: WOW! You obviously "dint" take my suggestion posted in response to your initial rant. We welcome diverse opinions here, but basic English skills are decidedly a plus (if only to make whatever your point is both be intelligible and seem intelligent). You apparently "dint" ever learn the basics of your own native language, and thus are inadvertently making yourself (and the points you think you are making) seem idiotic...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 10:51pm
There is, of course, zero probability that he/she/it will return to answer the questions I posed above. Right after posting that little gem above, he/she/it most likely basked for a time in the certainty that we had been left mortally insulted by the brillance of said contribution and was off to find new pastures for flaming....but we can always hope, just because these exchanges are always amusing.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 10:27pm

Why create a account if you all you're gonna do is bicker?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 9:56pm
Ok, folks...I'll field this one. LOL Am I personally capable of making intelligent decisions about what constitutes a good movie as compared to a bad one? Yes...over half a century of experience as a human being on this planet has given me a degree of insight into the matter. Does that make me an "old fart"? In your view, probably, but I am an "old fart" that could, most likely. kick your @ss at chess, trivial pursuit, tennis, fencing or a good ole back yard brawl;  your pick, sonny. Incidentally, before you start comparing anyone here to a two year-old intellectually, you might first want to master a few fundamental writing techniques; i.e. punctuation, spelling and reasonable grammar.

I am curious about one thing, however. Obviously you are somewhat less than enthusiastic about either our present slate of Razzie nominees, our previous nominees and perhaps winners, or both. Just what is it that you are taking issue with, and why do you consider the movies we are or have previously considered unworthy of our consideration? Your answer will, I suspect, be delightfully illuminating. Incidentally, I offer my apologies if any of the words I have used here contain too many syllables to permit your comprehension. If that is the case, perhaps an online dictionary will aid you.
Davidmdauer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Davidmdauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 8:13pm
The dumb people that think they know what a good movie from a bad one isnt at this site the morons that pick for this dont know a good movie when they see one they pick stuped movies that make no.sence what so ever a two year old would do a better job then the could its a joke I c it all the time these old farts donr know a good movie if it bit them in the butt its called retirement hello get new people that kmow movies not the old farts that dont have a half of mind what even going on in todays big screen this pople  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sir/Madame -- If "your" going to go around calling other people "morons," it might behoove you to know basic English yourself. You might also want to enable some kind of "Spell Check / Grammar Correcting" device before posting your uneducated rants for all the world to "c"... 

Post Reply Post Reply