Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THE LUCKY ONE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE LUCKY ONE
    Posted: April 29 2012 at 6:26pm
THE LUCKY ONE IS DEFINITELY NOT THE TITLE FOR NICHOLAS SPARKS OR ZAC EFRON. UNTIL THIS POINT, IT WAS TO BE EXPECTED THAT SCOTT HICKS AS DIRECTOR MIGHT NEVER CATCH THE RAZZIES' ATTENTION. THEN THIS CAME OUT THE SAME WEEKEND AS DARLING COMPANION (AND IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE THREE STOOGES AND LOCKOUT). IN FACT, THIS IS THE WORST-REVIEWED WIDE RELEASE FOR ALL of APRIL 2012!

IN THIS FILM, ZAC EFRON IS A SOLDIER RETURNING HOME TO COLORADO FROM HIS 3RD TOUR OF DUTY IN IRAQ. THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT HIM ALIVE IS A LUCKY CHARM IN THE FORM OF A PHOTO OF A COMPLETE STRANGER. SHE TURNS OUT TO BE A WORKER IN A FAMILY-OWNED KENNEL BUSINESS IN A SMALL LOUISIANA TOWN, AND HE TRAVELS THERE. FIRST, SHE DISTRUSTS HIM, THEN THEY FALL IN LOVE, THEN HER JEALOUS EX-HUSBAND ENDEAVORS TO BREAK THEM UP!

BETWEEN NICHOLAS SPARKS' THE LAST SONG, AND ZAC EFRON'S CHARLIE ST. CLOUD, I THINK THIS HAS an ADEQUATE RAZZIE PEDIGREE, AND A LOT OF US WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE RAZZIES PULL OUT ALL THE STOPS AND GO AFTER ALL NICHOLAS SPARKS FILMS!

BUT DON'T LET ME SPEAK FOR YOU. HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO JINX THE LUCKY ONE!

A SMALL-TOWN LOUISIANA FAMILY-OWNED 
KENNEL? REALLY? THAT'S NOT WHAT I'D 
CALL LUCKY...THAT'S JUST PLAIN CURSED! 

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner, Tusk.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2012 at 3:03am
GTAHater767: Bravo. Nice job on putting up a forum for this, I thought it was time that this needed a forum, so thank you.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2012 at 12:11pm
R.T. (20%): "While it provides the requisite amount of escapist melodrama, the film ultimately relies on too many schmaltzy clichés to appeal to anyone not already familiar with the Nicholas Sparks formula".

Roger Ebert gave it 2.5/4.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2012 at 12:14pm

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 12:00pm
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 1:41pm
Too many sappy Nicholas Sparks movies get made. And Efron did this right after that horrible New Year's Eve.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 12:27pm
I just saw it. It currently ranks #41 in my all time worst list (there are 53 titles so far).

For your consideration: Worst Actor (Zac Efron (not for THE LORAX)), Actress (Taylor Schilling), Screen Couple, Remake or Sequel, and, Picture. Maybe Worst Director as well.
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 10:17pm
Will Fetters should be considered for Worst Screenplay. The screenplay is dull. There's nothing to engage the audience. To stay fully awake while watching this movie you need to drink some coffee.

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 10:20pm
Oh yeah, Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling should also be considered for Worst Screen Couple. The main reason is that Efron's youthfulness makes Schilling look like a predatory baby-sitter or teacher. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Dun-Ida

Will Fetters should be considered for Worst Screenplay. The screenplay is dull. There's nothing to engage the audience. To stay fully awake while watching this movie you need to drink some coffee.

Aside from some changes that only fans call "huge" but actually don't matter, the script is the same as the book.
Originally posted by Dun-Ida

Oh yeah, Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling should also be considered for Worst Screen Couple. The main reason is that Efron's youthfulness makes Schilling look like a predatory baby-sitter or teacher.

And they're almost the same age!
LOL
Seriously, though. I think the award should be more about the lack of chemistry (which is the case here).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it. It currently ranks #41 in my all time worst list (there are 53 titles so far).

For your consideration: Worst Actor (Zac Efron (not for THE LORAX)), Actress (Taylor Schilling), Screen Couple, Remake or Sequel, and, Picture. Maybe Worst Director as well.

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply