Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ice Age "BORE": Continental Drift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ice Age "BORE": Continental Drift
    Posted: July 13 2012 at 4:18pm
With the rating of 41% on RT, and a 2-star rating from Roger Ebert, all of which said, "rehashes the story," and also features voices of RAZZIE-winner Jennifer Lopez, and singers like Nicki Minaj, you know it's gonna be bad!

EDIT: It's now 41%.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 6:23pm
The R.T.* concensus is "It has moments of charm and witty slapstick, but it often seems content to recycle ideas from the previous films". And here is Ebert's review.

*The rating is the same the 3rd one got.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 6:24pm
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 12:21am
I saw it with my control group. The children liked it, because the story was easy to understand and they could relate to the characters. It also had pirates in it, which was cool for the boys. I know a story has successfully connected to a child's mind when it gets them thinking and talking about it, like all of a sudden the little boy goes "Orcas eat sharks".
What could/should have been left out: the scenes with the sabertooth squirrel moving the Earth's core and causing the plates to move. Ridiculous. They were going for laughs, but it was just Wacko.
Also, the 3D once again was unnecessary, tons of the little kids wouldn't leave their glasses on and were watching the movie with a blurried picture, but there was no choice of 2D.
All in all, Jahn's is right, grown ups are not the demographic, and all the kids in the theater had a blast, but he is over the top in saying we would punch ourselves if we took our kids and spent the money. Us adults had a good time too, but if it wouldn't have been for the children, I don't think it's a movie that couldn't be missed.
ZKath View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZKath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2012 at 8:25am
My son (age 13) and I saw this over the weekend, and had a good time.  It is substantially better than 'Ice Age 3,' though not as charming as the first two.  Yes, it was full of cliches, and the teen angst portion was rather tiresome.  But I enjoyed the pirates - spent the whole movie trying to figure out the voice of the lead pirate, and was pleasantly surprised to find it was Peter Dinklage.  I disagree with Jahn that Dinklange was the wrong voice for the character.  And Wanda Sykes is enjoyable as the grandmother.

It's time to give this franchise a rest, but IA4 was better than I expected and much better than IA3. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2012 at 1:33pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment.

Also, here's Movies with Mitch's review, where he gave the movie a 2/5.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 9:45am
I took my nieces and nephews to see this last week. They liked and I thought it was "OK'. Grade: B-
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 10:25am
Just to clafiry, what grades did you give to the other 3? Also, do you think that it should be nominated for something nonetheless?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 9:27am
I haven't seen the second one, the other two got got a B-, and no nominations.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment.
Skip to 04:14.

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply