Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RAZZIE Future Watch 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAZZIE Future Watch 2012
    Posted: August 07 2012 at 5:48pm
WE WILL USE THIS TOPIC TO DISCUSS WHAT WILL BE THE FUTURE RAZZIE CONTENDERS THAT RELEASE EACH WEEK. ENJOY DISCUSSING AND I WILL CHECK BACK SOON.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 6:04pm
Why can't we use the "Here 'Tis" forum to do that?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 7:18pm
Vits: Because I thought it would be easier to leave our predictions on what will be contenders each week over here.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by jesse685

Vits: Because I thought it would be easier to leave our predictions on what will be contenders each week over here.
So basically you're saying we should talk about past releases and foreign releases in the main forum "Here 'tis", and talk about upcoming releases here. Daijobu!

Yet again, I'd advocate waiting until Friday before deciding if there should be a RAZZIE contender this week. If both films get above 35% approval rating, I'd recommend just going back and upgrading oiram's forum for The Watch from unofficial to official contender.

Anyone want to bet on the final approval rating for The Expendables 2 on Ags. 17? I'm predicting a 32%.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 12:19pm
I saw THE EXPENDABLES a few weeks ago. Considering that Sly made it clear (in interviews) that he thinks action movies should always be manly and brainless, and that seeing the reunion will not be as nostalgic the 2nd time, I'd say it won't score over 35%. It might even be around 10%, depending on the action scenes.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Vits

I saw THE EXPENDABLES a few weeks ago. Considering that Sly made it clear (in interviews) that he thinks action movies should always be manly and brainless, and that seeing the reunion will not be as nostalgic the 2nd time, I'd say it won't score over 35%. It might even be around 10%, depending on the action scenes.
Yeah, Expendables 2 seems obvious, though I would like to point out some other possible contenders. Not necessarily able to keep Expendables 2 forum-less, but one of these could be a bonus forum:

The Odd Life Of Timothy Green: It seems to be the unofficial *"Mary Sue: The Movie." Even though it is directed and written by Peter Hedges, who, as far as I know, has never made a universally hated movie, I get the feeling that this does not seem to connect. Could be his first true flop. Kinda like how In Time was for Andrew Niccol. Cast stars Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton as the surrogate parents of this little boy (played by new-comer CJ Adams) that grows from their written wishes buried in the ground. Also features Dianne Wiest, whom is already a possible contender for Worst Supporting Actress for Darling Companion. One more thing I want to mention is that this movie is based on an idea by Ahmet Zappa, and for those of you that are wondering, yes, he is one of the sons of the musician Frank Zappa

**Sparkle: It is the movie based on the cult classic from 1976 made by the makers of Jumping the Broom. Stars Jordin Sparks in her first movie role, and Whitney Houston in her last movie role. Also features Cee-Lo Green, whom some of you may remember for creating the song "F*** You". This could be simply a D grade at the WORST, but don't quote me on that.

Cosmopolis: Directed and adapted by David Cronenberg, and starring Robert Pattinson, trying to prove that he can be a competent actor. Even though early reviews gave it a passable 66% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, I can't help the thought that more reviews will lean towards the negative side. I don't know for sure, we will see.

*For those of you who don't know, a Mary Sue is either a character that is disgustingly flawless or a character everyone draws their attention towards.
**Remember, No matter how bad the movie is, we CANNOT nominate for Worst Supporting Actress for Whitney Houston (and by extention, Worst Screen Ensemble). That would be too harsh.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 6:21pm
I highly doubt that Cosmopolis wil get any Razzie attention. Mainly because David Cronenberg is a God.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2012 at 2:33pm
I found the trailer for PLAYING FOR KEEPS (link) to be boring. And I don't even understand the title.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 6:50am
Here are my thoughts:

This week is clearly all about The Expendables 2... I personally think that Timothy Green will be a harmless little family movie (in the style of Dolphin Tale) and doesn't have it in him to be remembered till the end of the year... All signs seems to be pointing to the idea that Sparkle will likely get Think Like A Man/Jumping the Broom kind of reviews... And ParaNorman looks like a movie that could actualy be good...

The rest of august however seems to be far worse...

Premium Rush was originally planned for a January release-date but was delayed... This can either be a very bad sign (Hoodwinked Too, Pirahna 3DD) or proof that it might be merely mediocre (Wanderlust)... I guess we have to wait the reviews for that one... I personally think that Hit and Run looks like a big mess and I find the cast very questionable with the rarely funny Dax Shepard (as leading man and director), almost Razzie-nominee Kirsten Bell, Bradley Cooper in awfully fake looking dreads and Razzie-winner Tom Arnold (who seems to be making a comeback with this and the latest Madea-movie).... One to keep an eye on maybe... Both The Possession and The Apparition are very generic horror-movies which strangely makes it hard for me to predict the reviews for those ones... Oogieloves In THE Big Balloon Adventure seems to be the kind of movie that really looks down on children (The trailer says it's from the people behind the Teletubies) and IMO therefor looks like a prime Razzie-contendor...  Lawless has descent early reviews and was directed John Hillcoat (The Proposition/The Road) so I think a big NO on that one... Is this the kind of post you wanted when you made this, Jesse?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Vheid

Here are my thoughts:

This week is clearly all about The Expendables 2... I personally think that Timothy Green will be a harmless little family movie (in the style of Dolphin Tale) and doesn't have it in him to be remembered till the end of the year... All signs seems to be pointing to the idea that Sparkle will likely get Think Like A Man/Jumping the Broom kind of reviews... And ParaNorman looks like a movie that could actualy be good...

Premium Rush was originally planned for a January release-date but was delayed... This can either be a very bad sign (Hoodwinked Too, Pirahna 3DD) or proof that it might be merely mediocre (Wanderlust)... I guess we have to wait the reviews for that one... I personally think that Hit and Run looks like a big mess and I find the cast very questionable with the rarely funny Dax Shepard (as leading man and director), almost Razzie-nominee Kirsten Bell, Bradley Cooper in awfully fake looking dreads and Razzie-winner Tom Arnold (who seems to be making a comeback with this and the latest Madea-movie).... One to keep an eye on maybe... Both The Possession and The Apparition are very generic horror-movies which strangely makes it hard for me to predict the reviews for those ones... Oogieloves In THE Big Balloon Adventure seems to be the kind of movie that really looks down on children (The trailer says it's from the people behind the Teletubies) and IMO therefor looks like a prime Razzie-contendor...  Lawless has descent early reviews and was directed John Hillcoat (The Proposition/The Road) so I think a big NO on that one... Is this the kind of post you wanted when you made this, Jesse?
Hi Vheid. Long time no see.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 8:42am
Originally posted by oiram

Indeed... How has it been...
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 9:37am

Originally posted by oiram

Indeed... How has it been...
Okay. Can't say that much is different. Nice to see you back, though.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 10:05am
Lawless looks good except for one major casting error. If you've seen the trailer, you know who I mean.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 10:15am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Lawless looks good except for one major casting error. If you've seen the trailer, you know who I mean.

I asume you mean Shia LaDouche (eventhough the trailer also shows a lot of hammy overacting by Guy Pearce)....
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 3:32pm

Here are my thoughts:

Very well done on that post, Vheid, it's good to hear from you again. BTW, did you mean to say Shia LaButthole when you mentioned him?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 7:36pm
Pearce has a much better track-record than LaButthole.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>