Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MID-YEAR POLL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION - WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION - WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
    Posted: August 08 2012 at 10:30am
BELOW IS the PLACE to EXPLAIN, COMPLAIN (and FEEL FREE to BE INANE) REGARDING OUR MID-YEAR FORUM POLL on WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE CHOICES for 2012. 

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T YET VOTED, HERE's the LINK to DO SO...  

AND in CASE YOU'RE NOT YET a FULL-FLEDGED/VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBER, HERE's the LINK to TAKE CARE of THAT...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 12:21pm
Hm. I'm surprised Worst Screen Ensemble for The Three Stooges is not up there. If it was, it would include the cast of The Jersey Shore, whom, you have to admit, deserve Razzies for just existing.

Anyways, my vote goes to Battleship.

EDIT: Yay! Jersey doesn't turn into Dick-Faced Bobble-Head anymore!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: THREE STOOGES made my "short list" for this poll (which had about 15 titles total) but when I checked its R.T. Rating (currently 50% w/115 reviews) and its Box-Office Versus Budget Ration (it grossed over $44 million and cost about $30m) it didn't look as bad as the 10 that did make the "final cut." I should maybe also note that inclusion in this poll is not any guarantee of being listed on our 2012 Nominating Ballot. In addition to TWILIGHT #5, there's a Whole Lotta Crap still coming out between now and December 31. 

P.S. The Jersey Shore/Dick-Faced Bobble-Head thing was a result of my trying to dissuade a "Jersey Ugly, STD-Infested Whores Service" from posting "free ads" on our Forum. It seems to have worked, since that poster has "deserted" us, so I recently took "Jersey" out of the Forum's Bad Word Filter...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 12:32pm
I won't vote yet because: 

A) Among those I've seen, I don't think any deserve this award.

B) I plan on seeing BATTLESHIP on DVD sometime* this week. 

The movie I think deserves to be here, but isn't on the poll, is THE VOW. 

*My classes started on Monday.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 12:36pm
Say Headrazz, is this the only poll we're getting for now?  

Also, you specifically mention Twilight 5 as being one possible contender that hasn't been released yet. What about Expendables 2, starring your "favorite actor", Stallone? I would think that'll be eligible for Worst Esemble consideration.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Like I said in my response above, there's a Whole Lotta Crap (including EXPENDABLES #2) coming out between now and year's end, so the list for this category is likely to change substantially before our 2012 Nominating Ballot is compiled... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 6:19pm
I voted for The Devil Inside because that one needs all the Razzie attention it can get. Also, I love all these polls!  
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2012 at 12:23am
Out of these, I had to vote for What to Expect When You're Expecting. There were so many actors and actresses, including Razzie Habitual Offender Jennifer Lopez.

But I have to request again: Will you STOP putting John Carter all over these polls already?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: On the JOHN CARTER request...you have every right to disagree with my opinion of the film, and to use this Forum to defend it if you wish. But as to requesting that I "stop" dissing it, my simple answer would be...no. I personally found the film to be hilariously inept and dunder-headed -- and I was not the only person who thought so at the showing I attended last May.

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man. Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2012 at 10:27am
What do you expect? People keep mentioning JOHN CARTER in various Forum discussions.  

By this point in the year, I'm guessing we have another ECLIPSE on our hands. Just like the anti-TWILIGHT attitude, the poor box office results for CARTER may overshadow the average reviews, and it might even end up being a Worst Picture nominee.
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2012 at 5:34am
I voted for That's My Boy -- That pile of excrement deserves as much condemnation as it can get! 

As for other movies, I think Project X deserved to be on the list. I thought it was almost as bad as That's My Boy. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 11:06am
Head Razz, this is a HARD choice.

I utterly DETESTED A Thousand Words and That's My Boy truly sucks dead elephant dicks. But I had to cast my vote to sink Battleship!

And I'm just waiting in anticipation for Adam Sandler's next cinematic crepitation--CANDY LAND--THE MOTION PICTURE...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2012 at 4:16pm
Guess what? I voted for BATTLESHIP!  
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 12:54am
I voted for the cast of That's my Boy. But to me it would also be fine, if Nick Swardson got Worst Supporting actor, and if Battleship took this one. That would cover Taylor Kitsch, if he doesn't win Worst Actor.
Either way.
 Post Reply Post Reply