Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > LAST OUNCE OF COURAGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of LAST OUNCE OF COURAGE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of LAST OUNCE OF COURAGE
    Posted: September 19 2012 at 10:00am
WHAT CAN WE SAY ABOUT a MOVIE THAT MADE RIGHT-WING IDEALOGUE (and WASHED-UP TV & MOVIE STAR) CHUCK NORRIS CRY?  

THE FACT THAT IT WAS MADE BY-and-FOR RIGHT WING IDEALOGUES MAY HAVE BEEN a FACTOR in the FILM RACKING UP THAT RAREST of RAZZIE® -PROGNOSTICATING FEATS: A PERFECT ZERO RATING at ROTTEN TOMATOES (LINK)...  

ADD to THAT the FACT THAT the FILM TOTALLY BOMBED ITS FIRST WEEKEND in 1400 THEATRES (LINK) and YOU MAY HAVE the MAKINGS of ONE of THOSE DAVID-vs-GOLIATH/TINY TURD RAZZIE® CONTENDERS. 

SPECIAL MENTION: THIS FILM CAME to OUR ATTENTION from FORUM POSTINGS SUGGESTING THAT IT BE CONSIDERED a CONTENDER for a MEMBER-PROPOSED NEW CATEGORY THIS YEAR: WORST EXCUSE for a RIGHT-WING MOVIE

FOR THOSE WHO SUGGESTED the CATEGORY, BELOW IS YOUR CHANCE to MAKE the CASE for BOTH LAST OUNCE of COURAGE and the NEW CATEGORY ITSELF -- HAVE AT IT! 

HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM...  

AND HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE ON IT... 

ONE FINAL NOTE: FEEL FREE to BE as DISPARAGING of GOP GOONIES as YOU WISH -- THIS IS, AFTER ALL, AMERICA (EVEN if 47% of US ARE FREE-LOADERS and VICTIMS)... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 12:24pm
The fact that a certain groups of people feel the need to use propaganda to make a point is the main evidence that their way of thinking is too alienating. 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

SPECIAL MENTION: THIS FILM CAME to OUR ATTENTION from FORUM POSTINGS SUGGESTING THAT IT BE CONSIDERED a CONTENDER for a MEMBER-PROPOSED NEW CATEGORY THIS YEAR: WORST EXCUSE for a RIGHT-WING MOVIE.

I think that, to balance things out, the category should be called "Worst Excuse for Propaganda" or something like that, because propaganda (not the same as conveying messages) is always wrong no matter the subject. Unless there are no left-wing documentaries this year (something I find hard to believe). Yes, there are more right-wing docs because they know how many people don't want Romney, but the race should be fair. By the way, aside from this one, which are the contenders*?

*Just like the latest Oscar nominees for Best Song were only 2, I don't think that the number of contenders matters. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 3:04pm
Righ' on September 19, too! Today be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

I still recall the 2002 RAZZIE Nominat'ns when only 3 songs from 2 films got nominated fer' Worst Orrriginal Song. The bare minimum fer' Worst Excuse For Righ' Wing Propaganda shall be 3 RAZZIE nominat'ns! Havin' said that, thar be plenty teh' go 'round! 2016: Obama's America would be the second runner-up behind this 'un!

The only problem be the release breadth! They be all limited releases! Now Last Ounce o' Courage has an edge 'cause its reviews be the lowest! Not that it be a bad thing, 'cause worse review scores be the number 1 factor in determinin' what deserves our awards the most! 

Me opinion o' this here film be irony 'cause many satirical religions hold pirates as sacred, and Last Ounce o' Courage got its RAZZIE forum on Talk Like A Pirate Day! One even blamed global warmin' on the loss o' pirates across the planet's oceans! This film be seekin' t'eh unite church an' state in a most foul way! Conservative traditional religions all be pushin' straight supremacy an' forced fertility! They be treatin' beauties inferior! If the ones who be turnin' to parodies o' religion hold us sacred, we be p**s** at the landlubbers who made Last Ounce o' Courage 'cause they be wantin' the law to create a nasty an' vicious social hierarchy in America!
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2012 at 11:28am
I don't know what exactly got this movie Chuck Norris's Seal of Approval.  Was it because it looks a lot like an episode of  "Walker Texas Ranger"? Or because it had the same effect on him that "Pearl Harbor" had on some men?  I gotta know!

Furthermore, why would anyone in a non-Communist nation attack religious beliefs by banning Christmas?  I don't know anyone in the U.S. who would do that.  Even non-Catholics in America celebrate Christmas -- because it's a time for giving and getting together with family (and lots of non-Catholic children believe in Santa Claus).  This movie is an illustration of what right-wing media calls "The War on Christmas".  The truth is that there is no war on Christmas --  If there was one, then Christmas movies and TV specials wouldn't be aired on television, stores wouldn't have special Christmas discounts, public places wouldn't be decorated, and December 25 wouldn't be a federal holiday. 

This movie is one of five movies this year with right-wing influences in it.  The others are the anti-abortion movie "October Baby", the fallacy-ridden documentary "2016: Obama's America", the pack of lies asking for it "Occupy Unmasked", and the unwanted sequel "Atlas Shrugged: Part II".  I would support the special category being 'Worst Excuse for a Political Movie.'  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It would probably seem less "Knee-Jerk-Liberal/Tinsel-Towny" of us to call the Special Category (if indeed we end up deciding to do it) Worst Excuse for a Political Movie. And it would behoove us, if we could find one or more of 'em, to include movies with a blatant liberal bias/propaganda slant to list on our Nominating Ballot alongside the 5 Miguel listed above. 

Suggested "liberal" contenders, anyone??  

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2012 at 8:12pm
I think I can now take a momentary break from patting my self on the back for bringing this film into our radar range and make a few observations: First of all, yes, propoganda is repugnant regardless of which side of the spectrum it comes from. Nonetheless, in my line of work, we have a rather cherished axiom: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own truth." In politics, the lines between reality and bullsh*t (pardon my French) can get awfully blurry. But let's face it...the political right in this country is driving blind. Let's not forget that they tried to fob off a feel good documentary about Caribou Barbie last year.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2012 at 8:30pm
Two other quick points: 1. I seriously doubt that this film will ever be screened in L.A. Who would go see it? 2. Even if it did end up being screened in L.A. and become Razzie eligible, I rather doubt that very many of us would waste 101 minutes of our lives on it either...although I have to admit with a degree of shame that it is showing in 12 theaters here in the Denver area.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Among the 1400 or so screens showing this film last weekend were several in the L.A. area, so the film is eligible for RAZZIE® consideration. Here's a LINK to read the L.A. Times' review, which contributed to its Perfect Zero rating at R.T.

BREAKING NEWS!! Well sort of...I just noticed while I was digging up a little more info about this film that Bill O'Reilly has a role in it as himself...Head Razz, this is REALLY to good of an opportunity to pass up. We have to work in some sort of Supporting Actor nomination for ole Billo The Clown! LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 7:41am
How about THE LORAX? Its reviews aren't so bad, but it could be in consideration because: A) It contains propaganda. B) Enough people must've seen it by now. C) The Razzies hate Dr. Seuss adaptations.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 8:05am
I would LOVE to see what the box-office numbers were for this at the theaters in L.A. If they were anything above $0 they had to be counting the people that went in when the movie was over to "clean" the empty theater. However, since we have established this film's eligibility, I am formally beginning my campaign to get Bill-O on the ballot as Worst Supporting Actor. The very fact that he even agreed to appear in this piece of trash demonstrates what a shameless, miserable bag of gas he really is!  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Two other quick points: 1. I seriously doubt that this film will ever be screened in L.A. Who would go see it? 2. Even if it did end up being screened in L.A. and become Razzie eligible, I rather doubt that very many of us would waste 101 minutes of our lives on it either...although I have to admit with a degree of shame that it is showing in 12 theaters here in the Denver area.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Among the 1400 or so screens showing this film last weekend were several in the L.A. area, so the film is eligible for RAZZIE® consideration. Here's a LINK to read the L.A. Times' review, which contributed to its Perfect Zero rating at R.T.

BREAKING NEWS!! Well sort of...I just noticed while I was digging up a little more info about this film that Bill O'Reilly has a role in it as himself...Head Razz, this is REALLY to good of an opportunity to pass up. We have to work in some sort of Supporting Actor nomination for ole Billo The Clown! LOL

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 6:24pm
Bill O'Reilly was also in Transformers 3, and THAT wasn't enough for him to even make the nominating ballot. 

Also, PLEASE tell me House at the End of the Street is going to get an Official Forum. I'm sure Schumacherh8ter will flip with joy when he finds out the Jennifer Lawrence COULD be eligible for a Razzie!  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2012 at 9:00pm
This time Bill-0 The Clown MUST be considered for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR!
2013's WORST PIC-After Earth ACTOR-Jaden Smith & Johnny Depp ACTRESS-Lindsay Lohan! SUP ACTRESS--Kim Kardashian! SUP ACTOR-Chris Brown DIRECTOR--Good "Night"! SCREAMPLAY--The Lone Ranger.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2012 at 8:07pm
I just realized something: one of the stars of this, Marshall R. Teague, was in a certain Worst Picture nominee in the late '80s. I won't go into details, but I'll say this about his role in the film: he used to f*ck guys like Swayze in prison.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2012 at 4:24pm
To HeadRAZZBerry and Antilsu: About Occupy: Unmasked and Atlas Shrugged: Part II... are those being released in Los Angeles or NYC like Last Ounce of Courage? Did 2016: Obama's America get released in either of those cities this past summer? I don't know about October Baby because I can't tell if it was first released in a theatre 4 days before November of 2011, or if that was the film festival screening date. In that case, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Gone, and A Thousand Words easily overshadowed it.

To Vits: First priority is the average reviews. Maybe the RAZZIES just loathe Dr Seuss films, but Horton Hears a Who wasn't nominated in the 2008 RAZZIES, and neither should The Lorax this time.

To oiram: Bill O'Reilly? In Dark of the Moon? Really? Then the mystery of how no-one could beat Patrick Dempsey for the nomination would be even more intriguing.

To SchumacherH8ter: Was it Roadhouse?
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
 Post Reply Post Reply