Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > TAKEN, TOO!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Member Discussion: LET's NOT GET 'TAKEN' AGAIN!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion: LET's NOT GET 'TAKEN' AGAIN!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion: LET's NOT GET 'TAKEN' AGAIN!!
    Posted: October 30 2012 at 12:57pm
Well, I finally got around to seeing this and it gave me a great idea for a new Razzie category (if we don't go with Worst Propoganda Film): Worst Vomit-Inducing Use Of Shaky-Cam!! We could also include Safe House, Chernobyl Diaries, Project X, The Hunger Games, Paranormal Activity 4, Wrath Of The Titans, Battleship, and The Devil Inside. According to some reviews, Alex Cross uses shaky-cam, so maybe we could include that one too.  

As for the rest of the movie, I was bored silly. Grade: D+
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2012 at 10:16am
Do you think this should be nominated for any existing categories?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2012 at 6:10pm
Oh definitely. The categories I want to see it nominated the most for are Worst Supporting Actress for Maggie Grace (also for Lockout and Breaking Wind Part 2) and Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2012 at 11:04am
I just saw it. FYC:
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of Shaky-Cam (proposed by SchumacherH8ter).
-Worst Picture.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 5:27pm
Hate to point this out, but despite a 21% critics pan on RT, Taken 2 only managed a 45 on Metacritic, a garnered 6.4 on IMDb and pulled in almost $139 million domestically and over $365 million worldwide.  In short, it's not bad enough for us despite how we feel.

What's more, despite what anyone else said, it appears Taken 3 has been announced.

That said, Liam Neeson is becoming the Jon Voight and Rod Steiger of our time, squandering his great talent on junk.  Nominations for worst actor and worst support actor are unfortunately deserved.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Hate to point this out, but despite a 21% critics pan on RT, Taken 2 only managed a 45 on Metacritic, a garnered 6.4 on IMDb and pulled in almost $139 million domestically and over $365 million worldwide.  In short, it's not bad enough for us despite how we feel.
If a movie is a box office flop, it makes it Razzie-worthy. If it's a hit, it doesn't matter. And IMDB isn't voted by critics.
Originally posted by cvcjr13

That said, Liam Neeson is becoming the Jon Voight and Rod Steiger of our time, squandering his great talent on junk.  Nominations for worst actor and worst support actor are unfortunately deserved.
I don't know about Steiger, but I don't remember the last time Voight made a good movie. As long as Neeson keep making movies like THE GREY in between the other 3 he made this year, he's alright.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it. FYC:
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of Shaky-Cam (proposed by SchumacherH8ter).
-Worst Picture.
Skip to 03:46.

Any thoughts?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 7:48pm
I was planning on doing a normal review of Taken 2, but I decided that a 9 worst things review would fit it better.

9.) "I've only got my learner's permit!": One of my least favorite cliches in movies is the character with only a learner's permit successfully driving a car under duress. Taken 2 exploits this to obnoxious results.

8.) The plot-hole involving the Turkish cop: At one point in the film, Bryan Mills shoots a dirty Turkish cop. This leads to him and his annoying daughter being chased by non-dirty Turkish cops to the American embassy. However, this leads absolutely nowhere in the film. When Bryan is looking for his wife at the end, he should have been tackled by the police as soon as he left the embassy.

7.) Olivier Megaton's direction: Megaton's last name is almost as dumb as the film. I have no idea why Luc Besson keeps giving this joke work.

6.) The racism: Any non-white character in the film is a sleazy villain. The first scene involving the main villain Murad has him doing an Islamic prayer to make the Islamaphobes in the audience afraid. I'd compare it The Birth Of A Nation, but DW Griffith wipes the floor with Olivier Stupidname.

5.) The shaky-cam: Taken 2 features some of the worst shaky-cam I've seen in a non-found footage film. With the exception of The Hunger Games, it might be the worst in that category. And since this is only five, this should show how awful this movie is.

4.) Maggie Grace: Grace is an incredibly gorgeous actress, but God good can she not act. Remember how ridiculous it was when they tried to pass a 25-year-old as an 18-year-old in the first one? Well, in this one she's supposed to be 19, but Grace was 29 when this was made. Even worse, they tripled her screen-time.

3.) The love story: For reasons unknown to sane humans, the makers of this decided to have Bryan get back together with his bitch of an ex-wife. Why do action movies keep adding pointless and awful romance subplots? No one likes them, it just bores the audiences.

2.) The complete whitewashing of Bryan Mills: One of the things that I liked about the first Taken was how they didn't try to whitewash Bryan's less-than-honorable actions. He did some awful sh*t to get his daughter back and the film didn't even try to make those actions heroic. In this one, they turned Bryan into a do-no-wrong goodie-two-shoes. It turns an interesting anti-hero into a bland Gary Stu.

1.) The blown potential: I absolutely loath films that could have been great, but decided on mediocrity instead. It could have been a good hash on the first one, like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 or Gremlins 2. They should have made Murad the main character and Bryan the antagonist. It would have been a mind-blowing take on the papa wolf revenge story genre. Instead, Murad is a bland, two-dimensional bad guy, Bryan is a Gary Stu, annoying daughter and bitch ex-wife get more screen-time, the director's replaced by a shaved chimpanzee who can't hold a camera straight, the film's racist, just urgh!!!

When I saw it in theaters, I gave it a D+. Revisiting it, I now realize I was too lenient. Grade: F

Next-up: The Village!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 6:01am
Have you seen her in enough movies and shows to say that?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Grace is an incredibly gorgeous actress, but God good can she not act.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 7:35am
I've seen her in 9 films/shows, so I think I'm qualified to critique her acting skills.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 8:51am
Which ones?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 10:22am
Lost, both Taken films, both Breaking Dawn films, The Fog, Faster, Lockout, and Knight And Day.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 1:02pm
I haven't seen LOCKOUT nor KNIGHT & DAY. I did like her acting in LOST. But with everything else, I agree with you.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 1:37pm
Everything wrong with this movie:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12