Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > ATLAS SHRUGGED, PART 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of ATLAS SHRUGGED, PART 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of ATLAS SHRUGGED, PART 2
    Posted: October 09 2012 at 11:10am
THIS IS ONE of THOSE MOVIE's THAT's a "LABOR of LOVE" on the PART of ITS MAKERS -- AND the CINEMATIC EQUIVALENT of ONE of the LABORS of HERCULES to TRY and SIT THROUGH. 

A WHOLLY IMPROBABLE SEQUEL to LAST YEAR's ATLAS SHRUGGED PART 1 (WHICH GOT 89% NEGATIVE REVIEWS at RT, MADE LESS THAN $5 MILLION on ITS $20 MILLION INVESTMENT and WAS LISTED ALL OVER LAST YEAR's RAZZIE® NOMINATING BALLOT) ATLAS SHRUGGED, PART 2 IS the SECOND INSTALLMENT of EVERY G.O.P. WONK's FAVORITE BOOK by EVERY RIGHT-WING ADVOCATE of "YER-ON-YER-OWN" ECONOMICS' FAVORITE NOVELIST, THAT AMORAL A-HOLE AYN RAND. 

CONTINUING the STORY-LINE from the FIRST FAILED FILM, THIS INSTALLMENT TURNED to BE EVERY BIT as SELF-SERVING, SLEEP-INDUCING and SOLID a BOX OFFICE DUD as ITS PREDECESSOR -- ALTHOUGH the RISE to PROMINENCE of PAUL RYAN as ONE of RAND's "BIGGEST FANS" DID HELP THIS ONE WIND UP LOSING... ONLY $16 MILLION! 

OKAY, FOLKS -- HAUL OUT YER BEST "HEARTLESS RICH FOLKS" JOKES and...HAVE AT IT!  

TO PERHAPS INSPIRE YOU, HERE's a LINK to SEE Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM... 

AND HERE's the LINK for the "ADDITIONAL INFO" PAGE ON ATLAS SHRUGGED, PART 2...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2012 at 11:51am
Wow! I was expecting to see the first one by the second one's release. But it didn't get a release... anywhere! I'll be shocked if I ever catch it on TV.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2012 at 12:27pm

None of the mostly no name cast showed up. Just about the only name I recognized from the first one was Armin Shimerman.  

This movie has Samantha Mathis, whose name and voice you might remember with fondness or dread depending on what your views are ona certain movie (HINT: People say Avatar ripped it off.) Oh, and she was also in that POS Super Mario Brothers Movie.  

Also in this movie is Biff (Don't tell me you don't know who I'm referring to), Brave and Bold's Batman, and Teller. 

Yes, Penn and Teller's Teller. 

Oh, just out of curiosity, is next week's Worst of the Weak going to be Alex Cross?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not sure yet, though industry word is that ALEX CROSS should be eminently RAZZ-worthy...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2012 at 1:17pm
So the Gray's Sports Almanac didn't pay him enough money?  

Originally posted by oiram

Also in this movie is Biff (Don't tell me you don't know who I'm referring to), Brave and Bold's Batman, and Teller.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 5:34pm
There won't be a consensus for a few days. But I'd like to point out that, according to Rotten Tomatoes, 72% of their audience wants to see this!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2012 at 11:26am
Vits, I have a strong feeling that the 72% of RT Members who want to see this may be "Randroids"!!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 3:57am
Was I the only person who was kind of surprised to see Ray Wise in the trailer... I wasn't expecting him to be ultra-conservative based on his movie/TV-choices (or is he just doing it for the money?)...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As a fan of both TWIN PEAKS and REAPER, I, too, was surprised to see Ray Wise in the ads for this. One of my favorite character actors, Wise also appeared in what I consider one of the Top Ten Best TV Promos of All Time -- Playing Satan in an ad for REAPER, Wise was seen scampering merrily thru a Halloween-decorated neighborhood to Andy Williams' recording of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." 

Given how cheap-jack both ATLAS SHRUGGED movies look, for Wise's sake, I hope he didn't do it for the money 'cause it probably wasn't all that much!  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 1:04pm

Ray Wise seems like a guy who would appear in anything for money.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 2:09pm
Well, he's not really a star, so...
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 10:42pm
I was one of the few who saw ATLAS SHAGGED, PART 1, a.k.a. SUPERTRAIN, THE MOTIONLESS PICTURE. I really don't want to spend another session in a theater with a dozen Randroids holding their worn copies of Atlas Shagged as if they were in a church service...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2012 at 4:49am
I'm curious...did Teller have any lines? Wink Penn and Teller are great guys. I have my political differences with Penn Gillette, but I respect him tremendously. I really don't have clue one why Teller would appear in a steaming pile like this. He doesn't need the money and he isn't nearly as politically motivated as Penn.  

Originally posted by oiram

Also in this movie is Biff (Don't tell me you don't know who I'm referring to), Brave and Bold's Batman, and Teller. Yes, Penn and Teller's Teller.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2012 at 5:47am
Penn and Teller are hard core Libertarians -- Especially Penn.

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2012 at 7:51pm
Gosh, as of 8pm/PST the Sunday after it opened, what was the TomatoMeter giving this????  

A BIG FAT ZERO!!!!!!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2012 at 7:54am
Yeah, while 80% of the audience liked it. Maybe SchumacherH8ter was right about those R.T. members being "Rand-roids"!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2012 at 10:11pm
Vits, when I went to see Atlas Shagged Part 1, I can vouch that the "Rand-roids" at that showing were treating it as a church service. And they were clearly batsh*t crazy!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2012 at 10:06am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: As of 10am/PST on the Tuesday following its opening weekend, this is still sitting at ZERO, with 15 reviews listed (R.T. LINK). I now feel strongly that, regardless of the movie-goers' response to it (which seems, if anything, even less enthusiastic than the critics' reviews!) this is one of those films that every Voting RAZZIE® Member should go out of their way to see. This combination of hubris and incompetence should not be allowed to go un-RAZZed a second time... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>