Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Paranormal Activity 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paranormal Activity 4
    Posted: October 20 2012 at 5:08pm
Let's start a discussion of Paranormal Activity 4, since it's now got a 29% RT Rating...
Pictures move, do they?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2012 at 5:16pm
IT'S OFFICIAL: THE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY FRANCHISE IS THE NEW SAW FRANCHISE!

THE FIRST PARANORMAL WAS A GREAT HORROR MOVIE THAT SHOWED THE FOUND-FOOTAGE HORROR MOVIES DIDN'T HAVE TO SUCK. THE SECOND ONE IS ONE OF THE VERY FEW SEQUELS THAT ACTUALLY MAKE THE FIRST ONE BETTER. AND THE THIRD ONE WAS A SURPRISINGLY GOOD PREQUEL.

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4, ON THE OTHER HAND, IS NOTHING MORE THAN A CASH GRAB. OTHER THAN A SCENE INVOLVING THE X-BOX KINNECT, THE SCARES ARE IMPOTENT, AND OBVIOUS FROM A MILE AWAY.

IF YOU WERE AS DISAPPOINTED AS I WAS WITH THIS, THEN POST AWAY!

ANOTHER STAPLE OF THE PARANORMAL FRANCHISE: A SCENE 
FROM THE TRAILER...THAT'S NOWHERE IN THE FILM!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2012 at 11:10am
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5 has been confirmed. That announcement is also a confirmation that this movie needs to be in Razzie consideration. People have been calling it the next SAW, but let's remember that there are Horror franchises with more than 7 installments.
Dead
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2012 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Vits

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5 has been confirmed. That announcement is also a confirmation that this movie needs to be in Razzie consideration. People have been calling it the next SAW, but let's remember that there are Horror franchises with more than 7 installments.
Dead
I'll be shocked if this DOESN'T make the the ballots for atleast Worst Sequel.
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un and the GOP
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 6:49pm
I just saw it. Despite an ending almost as enfurating as THE DEVIL INSIDE's, it's not Worst Picture material.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2013 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it. Despite an ending almost as enfurating as THE DEVIL INSIDE's, it's not Worst Picture material.
This episode includes all five (yes, five) movies (skip to 04:34):

Any thoughts?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2013 at 9:23pm
I could do another intro, but I already wrote a pretty good intro at the top of the page.

Kathryn Newton gives a surprisingly good performance as Alex, the lead girl. I'd never heard of her before, but it's probably the best performance that the franchise has ever had. Too bad it's wasted on the worst film in the franchise. Also, the scene where the demon's figure shows up thanks to the Kinnect is actually scary.

Apparantly, the character Ben, played by Matt Shively, is incredibly popular. I didn't see it, I was incredibly annoyed with him and I was glad when Katie snapped his neck. Another problem with the film is the homage to The Shining. Normally, I wouldn't be bothered by this homage, but, since it's supposed to be found footage and not an actual movie, it comes off as clumsy. I find it incredibly hard to believe that a little kid would have seen The Shining and decided to imitate a scene. And if he had seen The Shining, then it makes me seriously doubt the parents' competance.

Considering how awful the parents are in this, that might be the actual reason. Seriously, the parents manage to be the dumbest characters in a franchise full of them. Remember how dumb the characters in the second one were when they dismissed the footage of the door shutting itself? In this one, the parents dismiss footage of their daughter being locked in a garage by an unseen force and their car turning on by itself. That level of stupidity takes effort. Then again, maybe the dad was only stupid. Considering the scene were the mom drugs Alex maybe she's actively abusive and hates her children. Maybe the demon killing her was due to even him being disgusted by her. Katie Featherstone is truely bad in this one. In the scenes where she does evil things like kill Ben her blank facial expressions are hilarious. But, the worst thing about the film is how much of a retread it is. If this were the first one, it might have been scary. But, because all of this stuff has been done before in the previous ones, it's boring.

I'm not looking forward to the fifth one next year. Or that Spanish language one. Grade: C-

Next-up: The Lost World: Jurassic Park!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply